What Carrying Case Is Best For Galaxy Note 4?

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help Others, Post Note 4 3rd party case experiences here.

Rinke Fusion on my Verizon N4 is a no go as well.

I gave until November 21st to send it back to Amazon...so I'm still looking.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

scholaryoshi

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wallet style cases. Suggestions ?

Wait for Zenus to put their's out. I bought their case for the note 2 and note 3 and absolutely loved them they should be out early november. Their screen protectors are the best around as well.
In the mean time waiting for zenus I bought this. Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Note 4 - Premium Folio Wallet Case Cover for Galaxy Note 4 (Brown): Cell Phones & Accessories it's pretty ugly compared to zenus but will get the job done for now.

I had this for my note 3. Beautiful and felt great.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4003523

Here is their website.
ZenusCase.net - Premium leather case company

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen, other thrird party as well)

Ok, I ordered the Galaxy Note 4 Case - Ringke SLIM Case and it doesn't align right. I didn't see this thread until after I'd already ordered the case.

Can someone suggested a thin case that fits the Verizon version of the Note 4. I love cases and now I'm a little disappointed. I'd been waiting on this case and I also ordered a caseology case that I'm waiting on.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen, other thrird party as well)

I emailed Diztronic about their case and this is the reply I got:

I have a bit more information but it is not necessarily good news. =(

We had to push back our Note 4 case as there is an issue with mic hole placement between the Intentional, Unlocked, and USA carrier versions. As soon as we can get it sorted out, we will start to make our Note 4 cases. It likely won't be until next month.

I was wondering what happened. I emailed them the 1st of October and they said their cases would be out in two weeks. At least they caught it in time, unlike Spigen.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Case decision

Have the Defender and you can tell the hole on left was made wider to occomadate the different spacing on the Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

I ended up getting the neo hybrid but since I have a Verizon version you guessed it the mic hole doesn't line up but I emailed Spigen and they are working on correcting this issue for the Verizon phones and they said it should ship to me in 1 to 2 weeks. In the meantime I got the Spigen super thin one (don't remember the name of it) and I really like it also so looks like I have 2 cases to switch back and forth with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I keep reading that all spigens cases are slippery. And some say the slim armor feels cheap... Those with spigen what do you think?

My Note 2 has worn a Spigen Valentinus (brushed leather wallet-style) for two years---and I want one just like it for my Note 4! The leather Spigen is using for Note 4 is "Premium Synthetic Leather " and would probably make my hands sweat :(

GearHead71

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I ordered a Spigen Ultra Capsule off of Amazon for11 bucks on Friday for my Verizon Note 4 with the intention of taking a dremel to it and to my surprise... both mic holes line up! They seem to have fixed the problem. Both mic holes on the bottom of the case are oblong.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I am seriously thinking that I might want to try something like the Krussel Tumba mobile case to carrying the N4. I already have a protective case around the N4. But I am constantly finding it too easy to access amps just by the occasional jostling of the N4 in a pocket. I can here the things notification alarms as it goes off to start doing something I have not ordered. Can be a pain if you are already doing something else at the time.

So I am thinking that if I have the N4 in its protective case in a leather carry case, then I can it move it around and even have it in pockets without worry that I am accessing an app by mistake. I know it sounds excessive. But the protective case does just that...protects it from drop damage and such. But it does nothing about the issue I have. Does it sound like it makes any sense to try something like a carry case or no?

For example, a downside and a big one would be having to get the darned thing out of the carry case to do anything with it. Bluetooth sort of takes care of making a call with it or even taking a call for that matter. But just about anything else would require getting it out of the carry case.

Maybe I should just see if I end up doing a better job of handling the thing before committing to the extra hassle of a carry case. Carrying it in a shirt pocket has worked better as far as bumping the screen. But as sure as I am sitting here, I am going to bend over one day and have the thing come right out of my pocket....crash!

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I am seriously thinking that I might want to try something like the Krussel Tumba mobile case to carrying the N4. I already have a protective case around the N4. But I am constantly finding it too easy to access amps just by the occasional jostling of the N4 in a pocket. I can here the things notification alarms as it goes off to start doing something I have not ordered. Can be a pain if you are already doing something else at the time.

So I am thinking that if I have the N4 in its protective case in a leather carry case, then I can it move it around and even have it in pockets without worry that I am accessing an app by mistake. I know it sounds excessive. But the protective case does just that...protects it from drop damage and such. But it does nothing about the issue I have. Does it sound like it makes any sense to try something like a carry case or no?

For example, a downside and a big one would be having to get the darned thing out of the carry case to do anything with it. Bluetooth sort of takes care of making a call with it or even taking a call for that matter. But just about anything else would require getting it out of the carry case.

Maybe I should just see if I end up doing a better job of handling the thing before committing to the extra hassle of a carry case. Carrying it in a shirt pocket has worked better as far as bumping the screen. But as sure as I am sitting here, I am going to bend over one day and have the thing come right out of my pocket....crash!
That's what I do, although I use one made by Nutshell. More expensive, but thicker, better quality leather, with more options. I've used them for years working in EMS, and they can definitely hold up to abuse, and have kept my phones safe. Their 215 model will hold the Note 4 with a case on it.
nutshell 215 belt case

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wallet Case

So I picked up the soft grain version of the Montblanc case last night. The manhattan store only received two of each and set one aside for me.

As expected, its extremely well made and merges the line between geekdom and fashion quite well. Makes the Note 4 feel even more premium. Additionally, you get a few exclusive Montblanc wallpapers, custom screen unlock visual (like water ripples) and a custom S Note app with new pen styles and a skinned interface. All quite nice and very seamless to update once the case was installed (utilizes a chip in the case that prompts the download).

All of that said, its extremely expensive. And considering I turn over phones as often as I buy toilet paper, I'm not sure how much sense it makes. But gadget lust is strong. And I'm really digging the Note 4. Only other phone that has my interest is the Nexus 6 - but thats simply because it'll have 5.0 from the jump. Hoping Samsung can get it out to the Note 4 sooner than later. And help me not render this ridiculous purchase even more ridiculous by turning it over so fast.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wallet Case

So I picked up the soft grain version of the Montblanc case last night. The manhattan store only received two of each and set one aside for me. As expected, its extremely well made and merges the line between geekdom and fashion quite well. Makes the Note 4 feel even more premium. Additionally, you get a few exclusive Montblanc wallpapers, custom screen unlock visual (like water ripples) and a custom S Note app with new pen styles and a skinned interface. All quite nice and very seamless to update once the case was installed (utilizes a chip in the case that prompts the download). .

I sooo want a leather case for my Note 4! I've been eyeing the Montblanc (my husband offered to make it my Christmas present); however I want just a plain GENUINE leather case---no cool chip included :)

I have loved using a Spigen genuine leather wallet case on my Note 2 the last two years but apparently Spigen isn't offering that for a Note 4. Consequently, I ordered a Spigen Premium Synthetic Leather Wallet S Case for my Note 4--and it is like hard plastic and smells like vinyl. I'm surprised Spigen put such a cheap item on the market :(

So can someone recommend a really nice soft grain leather case for the Note 4?

Last edited:

lize00

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Holster / Belt Clip Cases for Note 4

I had the Ringke SLIM in White on my White Note and I dropped it 1 time. The corner of the case looked like it took the hit. I took the case off and sure enough, the corner got scratched. It didn't take much so just finished ordering my Verus in Silver. I'm really wanting an all white or white/black (not as thick and rugged looking as the UAG) to cover my phone. Otterbox white/gray is not attractive.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I had the Ringke SLIM in White on my White Note and I dropped it 1 time. The corner of the case looked like it took the hit. I took the case off and sure enough, the corner got scratched. It didn't take much so just finished ordering my Verus in Silver. I'm really wanting an all white or white/black (not as thick and rugged looking as the UAG) to cover my phone. Otterbox white/gray is not attractive.
The Spigen slim armor comes in white and black. Or you could custom a OB commuter with a white outer and black inner sleeve.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

The SLIM case aren't Note case protectors. They are scratch protectors. At least in name only since you're still going to scratch the back, front glass and camera and 1/3 of the bazel is wide exposed. You still need to put a protective case around your phone.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

Gave my Rinke Fusion case one more try today -- tried to set a reminder via Okay Google command.

I spoke directly into the bottom of the phone and tried numerous times to get it to work. Nada. Took off the case and tried again - worked just fine.

2014-10-24 07.24.49.jpg

You'd think it wouldn't make a difference but it does. I even tried other commands using "Okay Google" and they all failed.

I have another case ordered from Ebay -- Hybrid Shockproof Slim TPU+PC Case Cover Skin For Samsung GALAXY Note 4 IV N9100 It was only $5.99 when I bought it...it's now $4.99. Figured it can't hurt -- and I need another one anyway as my other case is already on it's way back to Amazon.

I really wish Verizon would get the basic covers in stock so I could have a case that works with my phone. This is frustrating beyond my normal tolerances. :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech