Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Unicorn Beetle Pro w/holster

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a great alternative to the Otterbox Defender and UAG (got it on Amazon for $20). It has the protective qualities of the Defender while some of the good looks of the UAG. The only weakness I can see right now is the flap for the S Pen (it doesn't click in as well as the others) and the TPU section over the USB port (it's kind of thin). I've attached some pics and a YouTube video.

Overall, I really like this case so far.

EDIT: The embedded video seems to work fine on the desktop version but not on the mobile version so here's another access link to it.

http://youtu.be/rJK_8lcK5b8

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unicorn Beetle Pro w/holster

Having a hard time with the pic uploads.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

How is the screen sensitivity and finger print scanner?

The screen sensitivity seems the same as without the built in screen protector and the fingerprint scanner works fine (it is not covered by the protector).

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I just ordered one of these through Amazon and the delivery ETA is 11-3 to 11-19. I've had it my my shopping cart all week long as a fulfilled by Amazon order w/ Prime shipping which is no longer available. That option stated the case would be in stock on 10-25 so I was waiting to see if Zerolemon, Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx or Seidio Convert Combo would become available figuring it didn't matter since this case wasn't going to be in stock until the 25th it wouldn't delay the order. Obviously I was wrong and now have to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get it. So if you want one now you know how long it takes. Very disappointing.

I cancelled this order because of the long delivery time and purchased a Seidio Surface. I'm waiting for Seidio to release the Convert add on kit to turn it into a rugged case w/ holster. Seidio has a kickstand and no screen protector so I don't have to remove the one that comes with this Supcase which I know will leave large marks where the underside of the case protector has made contact with the phone screen from your finger pressure. Downside is the Seidio Surface w/ the Convert add on kit costs about 3 times what the Supcase does.

Last edited:

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Someone that has one should actually tell us if their funnel is doing the job. The way this case supplier decided to address the VzW dif is with a trench or a funnel that "funnels" the sound of your voice over from the case hole to the phone hole. I would guess that is a decent way to deal with it presuming your voice doesn't just get in their and travel all over the place, losing DB's of volume along the way.

My other concern would be that it might have sort of a tunnel effect on your voice which might happen if the funnel is doing its job too well.

I don't know.....a case manufacturer has to have the oblong hole in his mold in order to go the oblong hole route. However you could knock me over with a feather if these guys don't have mold inserts for various port openings for alternatives anyway. The funnel seems like an over-complication to just doing the darned oblong hole! However you could cut a funnel into cases that have already been produced with a single hole in the wrong spot for VzW. I suspect that is what actually motivated the funnel idea. No new molds for the company to buy and wait for..no inventory consigned to the trash. Now if the "funnel" is in the mold...then you really got me...why do that when you could just as easily have put the oblong hole in the mold in the first place? Having a hard time convincing myself that if it is working exactly as good as just having the mic exposed would work. But if it is......more power to the designers at the company.....great job of dealing with a sticky problem. New molds are not all that costly anymore but they are time consuming to get. Maybe that was a motivation as well.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Please post a picture showing the bottom where the charge port and microphone holes are?
Also wondering if it will work with the Verizon edition Note 4.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You can't see the funnel that the Supcase maker has cut into the Polymer jacket from the outside. However they have posted up graphics of where the funnel is and a nice little write up about what it is and how it works. Check that out to get a better understanding for what they have done. There are also photos of the bottom of the case. But they will just show the one hole in the wrong spot for VzW and you won't be able to see the funnel from those exterior photos.

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Would you mind posting a pic or two? This is the case I am thinking about getting when I get my N4 in 20 days. Yes, I am counting the days down till I can upgrade my 3 year old RAZR (long story).

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Question for those that have bought this case - Does the belt clip on the holster rotate or is it fixed in one position?
Thanks

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Question for those that have bought this case - Does the belt clip on the holster rotate or is it fixed in one position?
Thanks

It rotates with quite a bit of effort. One might think it wasn't meant to rotate if they weren't told otherwise. I find it to be unwieldy on my belt, though, so I don't use it.

Anyway, I got this case too, and it both looks and feels quite good. I popped out the screen protector that came with it, so I can't speak to it's efficacy. I can say that the case installs/uninstalls very easily if you follow the instructions; If you somehow have managed to drain your battery, it won't be tough to get the case off. I also suspect that if you wanted to replace the built in screen protector with a glass one, the case would still work fine.

Most importantly to me, it feels like it would protect the phone from a reasonable drop, which I really couldn't honestly say about the Spigen Tough Armor that I tried. It doesn't go in and out of the pocket as easy as the Spigen, however - Not great news for those of us who don't like the belt clip. I do love the port covers, which was a major selling point for me. They aren't seamless or perfectly aligned, but I wouldn't call them ugly either. More to the point, they are very practical and work well.

I have yet to make a call with this case on, so the jury is out on whether or not the bit of engineering they did to get it compatible with my Verizon phone was sufficient for call quality. I've used voice recognition quite a few times, however, and that works just as well as it ever has - probably a good sign.

Overall, I bought this phone because it was a comparatively inexpensive, impact-resistant case with port covers. I suspect this case might disappoint some people, but it is exactly what I wanted to hold me over until something better came along.

I have my eye out for Trident.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
old post i know but i bought this case seems nice but i have the tempered glass protector and was wondering if anyone else took the screen protector that came with the case off and just ran with none or glass? i keep getting what feels like dirt in between the two...

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You're going to get dirt between the two because of the opening for the home button. You'll also get a tremendous amount more screen clarity/definition if you take the plastic protector off & use something else besides a PET film protector. I recommend the Zagg hdx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol