Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Car Mounts

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone using for car mounts these days? I've never had one but ideally, if I did, it would have charging abilities and suction cup to the windshield.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Car Mounts

I really would like to avoid suction cup on the glass. Don't like the obstructed view I am left with almost regardless of where I position the darned thing.

These are big devices and the mounts are not small either.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I just got a Arkon Mega Grip vent mount which I'll install tomorrow. I got the Incipio Quick Charge 2.0 12v outlet adapter and a Mediabridge gold plated tips mini USB> USB coiled cable. Been using the Mega Grip for four years but that one directly plugs into the 12v outlet and has a mini USB cable so it can't take advantage of the Quick Charge 2.0 feature. BTW, the Mega Grip will fit your new Seidio Surface.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Do you have a link for the Incipio Quick Charge adapter? Looks like you're gonna have me in a shopping spree tonight! !

Agfadoc

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I have a Garmin with the magnetic latch system and since proclip won't be available for months, I decided to do something my own way.

I used a Scosche MagicMount and adhered it to the Proclip extention that I had my old phone connected to. The metal plate that goes with the Magic mount fits nicely behind my Seidio Surface case. Here are some pictures. Holds great, very pleased and pulls off and on fine.

Because I use a Flygrip, I had to place the metal plate under the lower half of the case. I then made a plastic sway bar to hold the flygrip from sliding left and right cut away from a vacuum cleaner nozzle (perfect size in width) and pop riveted it to the angled Proclip extension.

Just thought I would share.

Don't mind the dirty car, it's my office, and yes I still have to connect the right angled Microusb cable, but it fits.

MagicMount at amazon (Walmart was cheaper) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I608BF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3992430

output_zps8mzrvlxp.jpg

output_zpsacfx1jxt.jpg

output_zps8mxithzv.jpg

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

When in landscape mode, can you then tilt the mount part backwards and forwards? Or it it stationary?

You can still tilt the phone in the landscape mode.

One thing I did discover when I set up my car today is the Incipio 12v adapter has a blue light on when it's plugged in. I would have preferred not to have that so I could leave it plugged in all the time.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Installed an Akron vent mount today. would have liked to wait for a Proclip. One thing that might happen is that the case mess for us VzW customers might be over by the time Proclip gets something done. Then the narrow spectrum or range of phone case depth might not matter so much.

The Akron went smoothly enough. It is a good thing they allow you to both reverse the standoff for the bottom of the vent and adjust it up or down by one position. Seems good and solid once you have made the right choices for it.

I absolutely did not want to mount this this device off the windshield. While it is not so huge in your hand, that is a lot of windshield area that would be blocked off by the N4. I would bet an entire car would disappear behind the N4 at not more than 20-30' away.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I discovered after installing my Akron Mega Grip vent mount that because my air vents are so high on the dash in the portrait mode the phone stands up over the dash about a third of its height. The Mega Grip mount itself is very easy to use and will accommodate any size case and I used their 12v accessory outlet one for 4 years with no problems. When Seidio releases their Convert case I'm going to try their Quest car mount either lower on the dash or on the center console.

Available with bike & arm mounts also.

SEIDIO | Smarter Mobile Accessories

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the Kenu Airframe+. It's simple and not intrusive. It connects to your air vent and is built reply well.

Kenu Airframe+ - Kenu

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm using the Airframe + as well. Works with a Note 4 and my Spigen Slim Armor case. Stays out of the way, doesn't take up a cup holder,block my view etc.. I think it is expensive for what it is, but i like it.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yea about 0.25 of my N4 sticks up high enough to block some window using the Akron mount in my vent in the regular orientation. Landscape....no.

It is the reason I will not use a window mount at all. Heck you could easily block out enough window to actually be a road hazard with these things.

One option you might consider is moving it over to a side dash vent. That way the A column of you car door becomes the backdrop for your regular oriented N4. In that case your access to it is left hand and not right...might not like that and your N4 is right next to the door. So with my luck it would be open car door,,,entire thing falls out of car onto pavement in a puddle no less.

But my original point made many posts ago is still valid I think. These things while not as big in your hand as you might imagine are huge against a car windshield. Easily blocking entire cars from view that are not more than 20' away from you.

Really do wish ProClip had an option now. Really like the way their mount is made.

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it's just me because my 12v outlet is at the bottom of my center stack and the Arkon mount I used for the past 4 years had the phone just above the center console level on the passenger side of it so I became used to it. I don't like my phone mounted to the center air vent, in my car it's too high for my liking. Other thing I noticed today is the phone vibrates and the reflection from the dark phone screen bothers me too. When Seidio's Convert case is available I'm going to order their Quest mount and put it on the center console.

Qoozek

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I use the Mountek nGroove. Doesn't get in the way of anything, fits almost any phone, and you can rotate it however you want.