Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Car Mounts

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anything with a suction cup is not a permanent solution. It will inevitably fall off. One day, you'll be parked outside, and the sun will be shining, and it will beat down on your dashboard, and your crappy, suction cup mounted spring loaded or magnet holder will fall off.

Signed,

Someone who's been there and done that several times.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue with a suction cup in the past. But this one for the Ibolt is very good. It has been in my truck for 2 years in the hot summers of North Carolina. It is still holding strong.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I do wonder how the suction cup mounts will hold up to the weight of these billboard sign sized devices. Hopefully my Proclip holder will size out nicely to the case on my N4 and that will be the end of worrying about what mobile mount to use. The customized to vehicle vent housing mount as opposed to vent louver mount seems like a great idea. It does cost you one of your heat vents...no small thing here in Northern New England where every car comes with a winter package from the maker.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
For anyone interested, the ProClip Universal T2 holder is probably a good choice of the Universal holders if you have a case on your N4. If not, then I suspect you will end up having to go smaller in depth but not in width.

The T2 fits pretty decently around a N4 case. Clearly you would have more luck with a uni-dimensional case like a Commuter because there would be no bumpers or hourglass shape details to worry about sliding it in and out.

This one fits good enough for me and the way the mount clip fits into the vent is a terrific way to do it. No attachment to louvers and the thing is solid as a rock. It fits so snug in my vent opening that I did not even have to use the adhesive provided. I just pushed the to wings inward, fit it into the vent opening and let go. It snapped right into the opening like it was made for it which it in fact is. Plenty of room on the bottom end to insert your charger if mobile charging is what you want to do. I had no interest in running wiring to my car speakers. I have other devices designed to mate to my car that do that job better if I want. When the N4 is not in the holder, the whole assembly looks very unobtrusive. You really don't even notice it there which was not true of either the Arkon vent mount which looked like it wanted to fall off if you looked at it sideways or the too large Samsung mobile suction cup mount.

What is not so great about the ProClip at least in using a Universal Mount for an N4 is that it does not really lend itself to turning landscape or letterbox...whatever you want to call it. I am not even sure it would stay in that way. But I am happy with it as it is. Truth is even those that are easier to turn from vertical orientation to letterbox force you to thread back a plastic nut or a metal screw and I don't like doing any of that on the fly. It is a well built, simple solution that does not depend on my flimsy vent louvers to hold the whole darned thing up. It is a bit pricy once you get both halves of a complete kit but the unobtrusiveness and solid secure feeling you get from it is worth it IMO.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a sweet one for like $15 on amazon. I like it, check out my review.

TaoTronics® TT-SH02U Universal Windshield & Dashboard Car Mount Cradle Holder for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note 2 S4 S3 Mega, Nokia Lumia*...

TaoTronics

4.9 out of 5 stars (38) Reviews

List Price: $29.99 Price: $14.25 * + Free Shipping You Save: $15.74 (52%)

Only 7 left in stock

Ships from and sold by * KINGSBUYING .

Buy now

Add to Cart

Add to Wish*List

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4071989

* *don't look any further, get this By john - November 20, 2014

Amazon Verified Purchase

Solid device, works perfectly for a dash cam as there is no wobble on this thing. For the price you will not find anything better. I have this on my textured dashboard, stuck solid and easily on first attempt. All I did was wipe the area down with an alcohol towelettes and was good to go. It uses a auction cup which is great because I hate sticky residue.

* *Great holder for mobile *

spinalpap

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anything with a suction cup is not a permanent solution. It will inevitably fall off. One day, you'll be parked outside, and the sun will be shining, and it will beat down on your dashboard, and your crappy, suction cup mounted spring loaded or magnet holder will fall off.

Signed,

Someone who's been there and done that several times.

Using an iOttie on my vinyl dash had this problem. The weight of the phone, and the heat caused the dash covering to loosen up slightly from the frame. Older car, so not a huge deal.
Attached it to the windshield 2 years ago, and haven't had it come loose once. Plenty of hot weather here, and my ac didn't work this summer.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
For those interested, ProClip sent me an announcement that they are now taking pre-orders for their official N4 phone holder. Clearly from the photos they have designed it for somebody running an N4 naked. But they are taking the pre-orders now.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the ProClip mount in my car along with the Ball Mount Adapter. I ordered the Ottie One Touch 2. I will let you know how it works. I was hoping for a Qi Wireless Dock but seeing how I use the S-View, it wold be hard for me to find one that works when I have the flap back.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a nice suggestion for a car mount? How do the vent mounts hold up overall?
I have been using ibolt since my Gnote3, now using it with my GNote4. Works great. I moved it from the windshield to the vent because it left an black ring on my windshield from the sun. Holds up well in the vent. I bought the vent hold separately with the original clamp. Love it.

df8d6302ffa84d0dd639baaa502bd867.jpg

I bought the vent piece only for $5.00 on Amazon.

e3f34cc0e76b6b57807b7e0a5c0493c2.jpg

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci