02-04-2015 02:28 AM
73 123
tools
    I think it is how you put it in the case. Like I said a friend of mine has the Neo Hybrid on his. He said that his has no scratches. You have to remember Aluminum is a soft metal. You can not force it in a case like you did your old Samsung Notes 3, 2,and 1's. They had plastic all around them. Separate the 2 pieces first . Put the GNote4 in the rubber case first then put on the Bumper on.
    10-25-2014 07:42 PM
    I asked a friend of mines he said No. His is not scratched at all because rubber covers the whole phone. The only thing touching the Aluminum is rubber nothing hard that can scratch the Aluminum. He also drilled an hole in his Neo Hybrid to fix the mic situation on his GNote4 on Verizon. I will do the same when I get my phone Friday. I already have the Neo Hybrid case.
    I was considering drilling a hole for mine, but I also can't get the heartbeat monitor to register with the case on, and my aux cable in my car doesn't fit in the headphone jack hole. I think I'm just gonna have to return it. Which is a shame because it's a beautiful case with just the right combo of slimness and protection for me.

Oh, and I've had no scratching in the 2 days of using the neo hybrid.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2014 07:44 PM
    They didn't know. Chill. They are willing to give a refund. There's also a problem with the mic holes not matching on certain models. I'm sending mine back for a refund.
    Are they buying the customers a new phone too since their product damaged the phone? I feel they should. I absolutely baby my phones to avoid scratches like this and would be beyond angry if a product I bought to protect it caused this kind of damage.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    10-25-2014 07:45 PM
    Would you say both Neo Hybrid and UC have the same design on the inside?
    Yes, they do. The lip that goes over the face edge of the phone is very thin and sharp. Kind of like a rubber razor blade. I can see where these sharp edges could scratch that shiny aluminum bezel of the Note 4.

After feeling those edges and the mic holes not lining up, I never put my phone into either case.
    They are heading back to Amazon.
    10-25-2014 07:47 PM
    I'M disappointed in the Spigen cases.They don't even have the right cutouts For the mics on the bottom . Went with a Otter box Commuter and couldn t be happier

bigmo555 likes this.
    10-25-2014 07:48 PM
    Yes, they do. The lip that goes over the face edge of the phone is very thin and sharp. Kind of like a rubber razor blade. I can see where these sharp edges could scratch that shiny aluminum bezel of the Note 4.

After feeling those edges and the mic holes not lining up, I never even put my phone into either case.
    They are heading back to Amazon.
    Any pictures of the edges that cause this?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-25-2014 07:49 PM
    That's why I always use a outterbox it may cost more than some of the other cases out there and add thickness but at less I don't have to worry about things like this
    bigmo555 and sforsyth01 like this.
    10-25-2014 07:49 PM
    I was considering drilling a hole for mine, but I also can't get the heartbeat monitor to register with the case on, and my aux cable in my car doesn't fit in the headphone jack hole. I think I'm just gonna have to return it. Which is a shame because it's a beautiful case with just the right combo of slimness and protection for me.

Oh, and I've had no scratching in the 2 days of using the neo hybrid.

This is what a guy I know did:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases-b4f526b0d58e25a9b8029f2c5aaf9387.jpg
    10-25-2014 07:51 PM
    I have the Slim Armor dual layer. I'm not taking mine out to check lol. It went in easy though, so I hope that means no scratches.

Posted via my awesome Note 4
    10-25-2014 07:54 PM
    2 of my friends with Neo Hybrids say The Do Not have scratches on theirs at all. MrDioji had his case on for 3 days and he has no scratches. Tomorrow at church I will see one of my friends with his Gnote4 with a Neo Hybrid Case. I will take a picture of his phone to show that he has no scratches.
    10-25-2014 08:06 PM
    I have the Slim Armor dual layer. I'm not taking mine out to check lol. It went in easy though, so I hope that means no scratches.

Posted via my awesome Note 4
    Same way i felt im not taking the case off to find out lmaooo..but i wanted to show my dad how slim phone is so i took it off i was so nervous its was scratches but it was fine

10-25-2014 09:28 PM
    Are they buying the customers a new phone too since their product damaged the phone? I feel they should. I absolutely baby my phones to avoid scratches like this and would be beyond angry if a product I bought to protect it caused this kind of damage.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    Nah, you know they ain't doing that. I think they should too though. My Note is back-ordered so I'm waiting for it. I might just go with the Note Edge instead though since it's made of plastic instead of metal.
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:53 PM
    Just posted in another thread and I also have the spigen capsule and I took it off yesterday for the first time and noticed the scuffs so now debating to get a uag case or what to get to protect it.

10-26-2014 12:22 AM
    Just posted in another thread and I also have the spigen capsule and I took it off yesterday for the first time and noticed the scuffs so now debating to get a uag case or what to get to protect it.

I doubt there is much we can do to stop this from happening. It may just be best to stop in at a jewelers every now and then and see if they can polish it up. There's also the sandpaper method from the iPhone 5, however I would be worried about the painted part of the aluminum.

10-26-2014 12:43 AM
    I've been using a Spigen New Hybrid and Rimke Slim and I just checked and no scratches so far, I'm going to be extra careful when removing it from the cases.
    10-26-2014 01:00 AM
    dont blame the case, blame sammy for the dodgy, cheap metal.
    Old Guy 59 likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:36 AM
    We should have known Samsung would use cheap metal to replace cheap plastic.

Just kidding, love my Samsung.

marrzie likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:43 AM
    Mine didn't but the microphone hole doesn't match up on the Verizon model.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-26-2014 10:48 AM
    I really don't think it's the metal ok I have on an outterbox case and took the case off many of times and not one scratch. IMO it's the cheap case that some people buy
    10-26-2014 10:53 AM
    I really don't think it's the metal ok I have on an outterbox case and took the case off many of times and not one scratch. IMO it's the cheap case that some people buy
    Spigen isn't a cheap case manufacturer though. The issue is more than likely case related but that doesnt mean its cheap quality. Just a design flaw for this specific device.

10-26-2014 10:56 AM
    Day 9 in my neo hybrid and my phone is still in mint condition with no scratches. I have had this problem in the past using the Samsung case for the Note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 11:23 AM
    If you're forcing the phone in the cases at one time instead of separating the rubber piece and the bumper. Then it is your fault that yours is scatched. If you put the phone in the rubber piece 1st then the bumper then you will not scratch it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    10-26-2014 01:37 PM
    If you're forcing the phone in the cases at one time instead of separating the rubber piece and the bumper. Then it is your fault that yours is scatched. If you put the phone in the rubber piece 1st then the bumper the you will not scratch it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Wait, I thought the UC doesn't have two pieces. It's just a tpu case, right? Or am I thinking of a different one?
    10-26-2014 01:50 PM
    Is the ultra hybrid having the same issues as the ultra capsule? It looks like the same cade just with a clear plastic back.
    10-26-2014 02:00 PM
    Wait, I thought the UC doesn't have two pieces. It's just a tpu case, right? Or am I thinking of a different one?
    I am talking to those who claim they scratch the Aluminum with the Neo Hybrid case, those that have a 2 piece case and scratched it. Again Aluminum is a soft metal.can scratch very easy.
    10-26-2014 02:15 PM
73 123