Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Spigen UC Cases

They didn't know. Chill. They are willing to give a refund. There's also a problem with the mic holes not matching on certain models. I'm sending mine back for a refund.

I'm more or less referring to sharper edges. Spigen makes great products but there are things a case manufacturer should ensure and that's to be sure wearing a case won't damage the device. I'm sure they didn't know this would happen but its still disappointing either way.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I bought this case and was looking forward to using it (once my freaking phone shows up), but I'm going to send it back. Unacceptable for a case.

91DBrown

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Here you can see the micro scratches. I don't know if we can blame spigen yet as it may be a problem of debris getting into the creases rather than the case itself. I'll start a new thread to see if other cases are doing the same!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141025_183846.jpg
    20141025_183846.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 152

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if Neo Hybrid does the same thing.
I asked a friend of mines he said No. His is not scratched at all because rubber covers the whole phone. The only thing touching the Aluminum is rubber nothing hard that can scratch the Aluminum. He also drilled an hole in his Neo Hybrid to fix the mic situation on his GNote4 on Verizon. I will do the same when I get my phone Friday. I already have the Neo Hybrid case.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I think it is how you put it in the case. Like I said a friend of mine has the Neo Hybrid on his. He said that his has no scratches. You have to remember Aluminum is a soft metal. You can not force it in a case like you did your old Samsung Notes 3, 2,and 1's. They had plastic all around them. Separate the 2 pieces first . Put the GNote4 in the rubber case first then put on the Bumper on.

Last edited:

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I asked a friend of mines he said No. His is not scratched at all because rubber covers the whole phone. The only thing touching the Aluminum is rubber nothing hard that can scratch the Aluminum. He also drilled an hole in his Neo Hybrid to fix the mic situation on his GNote4 on Verizon. I will do the same when I get my phone Friday. I already have the Neo Hybrid case.

I was considering drilling a hole for mine, but I also can't get the heartbeat monitor to register with the case on, and my aux cable in my car doesn't fit in the headphone jack hole. I think I'm just gonna have to return it. Which is a shame because it's a beautiful case with just the right combo of slimness and protection for me.

Oh, and I've had no scratching in the 2 days of using the neo hybrid.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

They didn't know. Chill. They are willing to give a refund. There's also a problem with the mic holes not matching on certain models. I'm sending mine back for a refund.

Are they buying the customers a new phone too since their product damaged the phone? I feel they should. I absolutely baby my phones to avoid scratches like this and would be beyond angry if a product I bought to protect it caused this kind of damage.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Would you say both Neo Hybrid and UC have the same design on the inside?

Yes, they do. The lip that goes over the face edge of the phone is very thin and sharp. Kind of like a rubber razor blade. I can see where these sharp edges could scratch that shiny aluminum bezel of the Note 4.

After feeling those edges and the mic holes not lining up, I never put my phone into either case.
They are heading back to Amazon.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I'M disappointed in the Spigen cases.They don't even have the right cutouts For the mics on the bottom . Went with a Otter box Commuter and couldn t be happier

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes, they do. The lip that goes over the face edge of the phone is very thin and sharp. Kind of like a rubber razor blade. I can see where these sharp edges could scratch that shiny aluminum bezel of the Note 4.

After feeling those edges and the mic holes not lining up, I never even put my phone into either case.
They are heading back to Amazon.

Any pictures of the edges that cause this?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

That's why I always use a outterbox it may cost more than some of the other cases out there and add thickness but at less I don't have to worry about things like this

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I was considering drilling a hole for mine, but I also can't get the heartbeat monitor to register with the case on, and my aux cable in my car doesn't fit in the headphone jack hole. I think I'm just gonna have to return it. Which is a shame because it's a beautiful case with just the right combo of slimness and protection for me.

Oh, and I've had no scratching in the 2 days of using the neo hybrid.

This is what a guy I know did:
b4f526b0d58e25a9b8029f2c5aaf9387.jpg

respibob

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I have the Slim Armor dual layer. I'm not taking mine out to check lol. It went in easy though, so I hope that means no scratches.

Posted via my awesome Note 4

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

2 of my friends with Neo Hybrids say The Do Not have scratches on theirs at all. MrDioji had his case on for 3 days and he has no scratches. Tomorrow at church I will see one of my friends with his Gnote4 with a Neo Hybrid Case. I will take a picture of his phone to show that he has no scratches.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I have the Slim Armor dual layer. I'm not taking mine out to check lol. It went in easy though, so I hope that means no scratches.

Posted via my awesome Note 4

Same way i felt im not taking the case off to find out lmaooo..but i wanted to show my dad how slim phone is so i took it off i was so nervous its was scratches but it was fine

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Are they buying the customers a new phone too since their product damaged the phone? I feel they should. I absolutely baby my phones to avoid scratches like this and would be beyond angry if a product I bought to protect it caused this kind of damage.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

Nah, you know they ain't doing that. I think they should too though. My Note is back-ordered so I'm waiting for it. I might just go with the Note Edge instead though since it's made of plastic instead of metal.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Just posted in another thread and I also have the spigen capsule and I took it off yesterday for the first time and noticed the scuffs so now debating to get a uag case or what to get to protect it.

91DBrown

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Just posted in another thread and I also have the spigen capsule and I took it off yesterday for the first time and noticed the scuffs so now debating to get a uag case or what to get to protect it.

I doubt there is much we can do to stop this from happening. It may just be best to stop in at a jewelers every now and then and see if they can polish it up. There's also the sandpaper method from the iPhone 5, however I would be worried about the painted part of the aluminum.

kludger

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

I've been using a Spigen New Hybrid and Rimke Slim and I just checked and no scratches so far, I'm going to be extra careful when removing it from the cases.