Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases

zen0s

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Spigen UC Cases

Guys, its the polycarbonate cases causing the scratches, since they are a hard plastic and fit tightly, such as the Spigen Perfect fit. The inserts on the Neohybrid (which I have), or the Slim Armor, have a TPU insert, which is a much softer plastic, and does not scratch. I had the Spigen Ultrafit slim, which is polycarbonate, on my S5, and it did scratch the faux metal over time. I love the Perfect fit case and want one, but I don't want scratches. I am going naked when I can, then use the Neohybrid when out and about. I really wish diztronic would make a slim tpu case for the Note 4.

The scratches done to my device isn't because of the polycarbonate frame. Spigen's Ultra Capsule is one piece TPU case and it still left whole bunch of scratches...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site

If you're using the Spigen Slim Armor or Ultra Hybrid, take off the hard plastic shell and insert the phone into the inside part first, then snap the hard plastic around it and your phone will not get scratched. I know you're supposed to leave it on during installation, but I have always done it as a 2 step process and no scratches at all. I am actually using the leather case made by Tetded and they are awesome.

Wingnuttt

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new Note 4 in a Spigen Tough Armor case and I have the scratches. They are worst on the top but they are on the bottom also. I didn't know Spigen was offering refunds. I got mine on a preorder from Amazon. So do I contact Amazon....any info on the refund process?

zen0s

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a brand new Note 4 in a Spigen Tough Armor case and I have the scratches. They are worst on the top but they are on the bottom also. I didn't know Spigen was offering refunds. I got mine on a preorder from Amazon. So do I contact Amazon....any info on the refund process?

You should be able to find "refund/return" on your amazon order history. It might take some time though, spigen's customer service sucks! They will get back to you probably within a week or so depending on your luck... this is why I always buy anything from actual amazon warehouse. Their customer service is outstanding and refund is almost instant.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine has very light stratches but nothing obvious and for me to worry about

What's a UC case

thats what i'm wondering too. lol
but i think everyone is referring to the spigen capsule case.

Ultra Capsule
149444d1416513256-samsung-galaxy-note-4-spigen-uc-cases-capture.png

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This is tough one to blame on users I think. There are many two pieces case out there and the instruction is often to apply the case as one piece.

I bought several cases early on because they were offered at a discount and I was struggling with the VzW mic hole thing as were others. So I ended up with a number of cases that I sent back and a few that I kept.

I do think the problem is on insert of phone in case. I don't think the TPU by itself is as much at fault as the polycarb component edge making a mark on the phone right through the TPU. The TPU is very soft and if the case/phone is a snug fit, I think that hard edge can be felt right through the TPU as the case goes on.

I don't remember seeing any marks on mine that last time it was naked but I had felt from the start that the poly edge was going to be an issue for many of these cases. I don't have a Commuter but from the looks of it, it would seem you could install the two pieces separately without doing damage. I have the Neo H and I did not like how that went together. Did not like the way the Tough Armor went together either.

Ballistic Tough Jacket has lots of soft TPU and I don't think the poly sleeve is a tight fit. That one might be OK. Have not noticed with the Verus Thor as I have not had it on and off that much.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

Yes it does. I have a Neo Hybrid on my Note 4 and confirm that it is scratched beyond all belief. Been on there for two months.