02-04-2015 02:28 AM
73 123
tools
    Does your note 4 have this? I just checked mine and sadly it got some..
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases-capture.png
    Case Link
    10-24-2014 01:09 PM
    YES even though I'm using an S View and they aren't as prevalent. This is one reason I'm against metal. I never complained about the plastic. Hope it's not too bad to sell in a year. May have to take advantage of the trade in next year for the Note 5 lol

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    Dankees likes this.
    10-24-2014 01:21 PM
    Did the Spigen case scratch the phone that badly? I saw some people claim this on Amazon today too.

With that said, how the heck does plastic/TPU do that much damage? Wow...

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-24-2014 01:22 PM
    Mine has the same scratches. Very disappointing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 02:10 PM
    I wonder if Neo Hybrid does the same thing.
    Tomislav Husnjak likes this.
    10-24-2014 02:11 PM
    The case scratched the edge like that? That S view is starting to look better all the time.

Just got in the Neo Hybrid and now I'm a little worried. Will try it later tonight and see how it goes.

Breezy, is that your review on Amazon?
    10-24-2014 02:14 PM
    The case scratched the edge like that? That S view is starting to look better all the time.
    The inside side is a bit sharp on the UC case.
    10-24-2014 02:16 PM
    I have installed and taken off my neo hybrid multiple times since I got the phone wed and don't see any scratches yet. Fingers crossed!

ohbreeeezy likes this.
    10-24-2014 02:20 PM
    Wow. I have the slim armor and always stick to tpu to not get scratches. I've used the cruzerlite cases on mostly all my phones and haven't had any problems. I just took my slim armor off my white note 4 and looked for scratches and didn't find any but now I'm worried lol. This case fits snug though and has no movement. Cruzerlite doesn't have any note 4 cases to buy atm but think I'm going to buy one now when/if they do. None are available atm.

10-24-2014 02:27 PM
    Wow! That's terrible I'm using the Tough Armor case & just took it off to check, I didn't have any damage on the phone, but the little holes on the bottom don't match up to the mic... Thankfully, it doesn't interfere with the quality of my calls.
    10-24-2014 03:03 PM
    I can now confirm the same is starting to happen in my neo hybrid case, no doubt the result of debris getting between the case and the sides of the phone. Sadly I think this will happen no matter what case, or no case you use.

10-25-2014 01:28 PM
    I have the clear one - and it seems ok so far - but have only been using it for a day.
    Thanks for the heads up - might switch to something else.

spigen clear case for Samsung note 4 by six7777, on Flickr
    10-25-2014 01:48 PM
    I can now confirm the same is starting to happen in my neo hybrid case, no doubt the result of debris getting between the case and the sides of the phone. Sadly I think this will happen no matter what case, or no case you use.

How does the inside side feels? I'm thinking of getting a Neo Hybrid.
    10-25-2014 01:56 PM

I love my neo hybrid case...i wasn't gonna use it besides going to the gym...u just scared me im ready to take this off and keep it off...

10-25-2014 02:10 PM
    I love my neo hybrid case...i wasn't gonna use it besides going to the gym...u just scared me im ready to take this off and keep it off...

Isn't it funny how paranoid we get? I'm the same way about scratches.

The question is how would this happen? I figure a standard TPU will not scratch the phone because there's no reason dust would do this to metal.

10-25-2014 02:15 PM
    Isn't it funny how paranoid we get? I'm the same way about scratches.

The question is how would this happen? I figure a standard TPU will not scratch the phone because there's no reason dust would do this to metal.

I think it happen when you insert the phone to the case. On my UC case the inside sides is a bit sharp.
    10-25-2014 02:30 PM
    I have both the Neo Hybrid and UC and they are both have very thin/sharp edges inside. Both will be on their way back to Amazon Monday morning.
    10-25-2014 02:47 PM
    I have both the Neo Hybrid and UC and they are both have very thin/sharp edges inside. Both will be on their way back to Amazon Monday morning.
    I think it happen when you insert the phone to the case. On my UC case the inside sides is a bit sharp.
    That's disappointing. Why would Spigen find this acceptable?

10-25-2014 02:55 PM
    That's disappointing. Why would Spigen find this acceptable?

They didn't know. Chill. They are willing to give a refund. There's also a problem with the mic holes not matching on certain models. I'm sending mine back for a refund.
    DreamSTi likes this.
    10-25-2014 03:03 PM
    Would you say both Neo Hybrid and UC have the same design on the inside?
    10-25-2014 03:06 PM
    They didn't know. Chill. They are willing to give a refund. There's also a problem with the mic holes not matching on certain models. I'm sending mine back for a refund.
    I'm more or less referring to sharper edges. Spigen makes great products but there are things a case manufacturer should ensure and that's to be sure wearing a case won't damage the device. I'm sure they didn't know this would happen but its still disappointing either way.

fredwardnelson likes this.
    10-25-2014 03:24 PM
    Wow. I bought this case and was looking forward to using it (once my freaking phone shows up), but I'm going to send it back. Unacceptable for a case.
    10-25-2014 03:38 PM
    Here you can see the micro scratches. I don't know if we can blame spigen yet as it may be a problem of debris getting into the creases rather than the case itself. I'll start a new thread to see if other cases are doing the same!

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Spigen UC Cases-20141025_183846.jpg  
    10-25-2014 05:44 PM
    Ironic isn't it.

Sadly, I learned the hard way happened to my iPad Air.
    10-25-2014 07:32 PM
    I wonder if Neo Hybrid does the same thing.
    I asked a friend of mines he said No. His is not scratched at all because rubber covers the whole phone. The only thing touching the Aluminum is rubber nothing hard that can scratch the Aluminum. He also drilled an hole in his Neo Hybrid to fix the mic situation on his GNote4 on Verizon. I will do the same when I get my phone Friday. I already have the Neo Hybrid case.
    ohbreeeezy likes this.
    10-25-2014 07:33 PM
73 123