Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Any need for screen protector?

Stein Gaupas

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I have bought an Note 4 but I am not sure if I should buy a screen protector or not.
How much does it take for the screen to get a scratch? If I buy I screen protector which one do you recommend? And does a screen protector effect the screen resolution?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any need for screen protector?

I always strongly recommend screen protector for any device with a screen that you don't want scratched or full of micro scratches after a year or so of use. Personally I'm using the Spigen Ultra Crystal protectors as I always have and I'm very happy with it so far.

Amazon for $9.99

OptiPrime

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm using one just because it doesn't hurt to. But i buy the cheap ones from Amazon just to have that additionally layer of protection..not willing to spend $40 on a ZAgg

Stein Gaupas

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I agree, I have always used a screen protector but the Note 4 has 4K resolution. And I am afraid that a screen protector will effect the 4K resolution in a bad way. I really love the amazing screen the Note 4 got and I don't want to ruin it.
On the Note 3 I bought a screen protector that ruined the good screen quality and I don't want that to happend on the Note 4.

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I agree, I have always used a screen protector but the Note 4 has 4K resolution. And I am afraid that a screen protector will effect the 4K resolution in a bad way. I really love the amazing screen the Note 4 got and I don't want to ruin it.
On the Note 3 I bought a screen protector that ruined the good screen quality and I don't want that to happend on the Note 4.

I did pay $40 for the zagg glass. It does not diminish the screen quality at all. It's absolutely beautiful and I feel great knowing I won't scratch my screen. I scratched my s3 the first week (none since, but man was I ocd with that scratch.)

Posted via the Android Central App

Stein Gaupas

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I did pay $40 for the zagg glass. It does not diminish the screen quality at all. It's absolutely beautiful and I feel great knowing I won't scratch my screen. I scratched my s3 the first week (none since, but man was I ocd with that scratch.)

Thanks I'll check the zagg glass. 40$ is mutch but not if it works the way you want ;)

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nillkin makes some tempered glass screen protectors that are supposed to be killer. You can find them for about $14 or so on Amazon

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Got this email from Verizon yesterday. Has anyone tried this one? Any halo, etc.? Thanks.

Flexible Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Flexible Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
0/ 5 (0 Reviews)
100% flexible glass gives stronger protection, even resists sharp objects
Preserves crystal clear image resolution, super thin at 0.4mm
Shatter-proof glass minimizes damage if device is dropped or the screen breaks
Ultra clear and perfect low haze

Free Shipping available on all orders

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Interesting... flexible glass??? i dunno.

Got this email from Verizon yesterday. Has anyone tried this one? Any halo, etc.? Thanks.

Flexible Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

0/ 5 (0 Reviews)

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

0/ 5 (0 Reviews)

Most glass SP are around .33mm, and it adds notable weight too, .4mm is IMO a bit too much. Flexible glass is unheard of, but will be interesting to see how it fits the curved display.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the zagg from day one and love it. Everyone complains about halo i just don't get it. It is very reponsive and screen looks beautiful.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site

You are tracking it's quad HD not 4k. 4k is 4 times 1080p. Quad HD is 4 times 720p (the original standard for high definition) also known as 2k or 1440p.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I have the Zerolemon mainly because it was inexpensive but from a company that we all know....just not for glass screen protectors. Figured I would use it until there were options. Clearly, they are not making it but buying it and branding it as theirs. All you need to do is open the package to know that if you did not know it already.

Anyway it is not bad. It is clear...does very little wrong other than not covering out to the edges. It does cover the selfie camera lens. Not a real big deal for me. You really can't tell it is there. These large phablets are all screen. To me the screen is far and away the most vulnerable major component on the device. All it takes is one scratch and it is never the same again. With that much acreage taking up by the screen. I don't care how careful I think I am and I don't care that it is gorilla glass. My take on my chances of never damaging that screen left naked is zero.....no chance. Just that simple.

Here is my take on screen protectors ....while this may not be a very knowledgeable comment I think the best thing you can do is either decide entirely against them or entirely for them. If you are going to use one, get one onto your screen as soon a the plastic film from the phone manufacturer comes off...that very instant. If you are going to change.....have the new one ready as you are taking the old one off. Unless you can do these exchanges is a perfect industrial clean room....good luck with that.....do not allow the screen to just be sitting there waiting for the new protector to go on.

I have been buying and using large scale flat screen video monitors from the day the first came out. The idea that you can ever "clean them back to what they were the day they were new is a fantasy.......IMO, the longer you let the screen sit there waiting for a protector to go on, the less likely you will be happy with the result once you get one on.

To be perfectly honest, I may never take the Zlemon off regardless of the fact that it is not a perfect protector. It is tempered glass...it is on there now very securely and since I did everything else the way it should be done.....it is as good as an imperfect protector is ever going to get IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude