11-04-2016 05:23 AM
182 12345 ...
tools
    There is no doubt that best anything is very subjective. I work in an office and want minimal, a fellow above is a medic that is diving into twisted steel to save lives. He and I have totally unique views on what the perfect case is. We are both correct while comparing against our vastly different lifestyles.
    10-27-2014 06:26 PM
    So I tried a couple different cases and was not happy with either. I finally resorted to my old Note 2 Ballistic case. I did some modification for mic and speaker and jack access and all is good until I get my ZeroLemon battery/case. The OPs case is "ok" but I don't want one.
    10-27-2014 06:52 PM
    That's actually the case I wanted but it wasn't in stock. I may still pick it up. I don't mind the size as I was using the Zerolemon 10000mAh battery case on my Note 3. Now that was huge but oh man the battery life.

Posted via my awesome Note 4
    Dankees likes this.
    10-27-2014 07:35 PM
    soldier45, my thoughts exactly!
    10-27-2014 07:59 PM
    I just wanted to say, even though I love this case and I don't mind how it looks, I don't think it's the BEST CASE. I don't think it's terribly ugly though. I was just commenting on how much I like it. I didn't start the thread, so maybe it could have been titled better by the OP. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes. For me, I love the Defender Cases, but I'm getting just as much protection, for a much cheaper price, and it's a Case. I use a case for protection of the phone, be it thin, hybrid, or heavy duty. I wanted heavy duty and this case does that for me. It can look pretty, but if it doesn't do it's job protecting the phone, then what's the point of a case? Go Naked.

I did pop out the built in screen protector, because the Tempered Glass I have on there already. It does have a hole cut out for the Home button and it lines up great. So I don't think it's the BEST CASE out there, but for what I saw available this early with release, it more than meets my needs. Just my opinion.
    Berean4Him, Dankees and huntnyc like this.
    10-28-2014 02:40 AM
    It does have a hole cut out for the Home button and it lines up great.
    Ah, that's disappointing. I'd be popping the protector out as well if I get it. The Otterbox's protector just attracted that halo of dirt around the home button and it looked horrible. What I like about this case, though, is that it has covers for everything, even the s-pen, which most cases don't. And the headphone/earbud plug looks pretty wide.
    Dankees and huntnyc like this.
    10-28-2014 04:23 AM
    Sorry...not the best for me..
    Shouldn’t this be in Accessories sub-forum?
    10-28-2014 04:40 AM
    I bought this case as well and I love it. It's not bulky at all and provides plenty of protection. All ports are covered, but easily accessible. I returned the Spigen case in favor if this one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Dankees and huntnyc like this.
    10-28-2014 04:47 AM
    No offence but I expected some nice looking case, that is the worst looking case I have ever seen and as people say it is subjective. A case IMO has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye if I am to use it otherwise I will go naked. Why go to all the bother of buying a phone to cover it in this way because to me you are just carrying around a screen, might as well be an unbranded knockoff in there.
    lbccpt and zmann like this.
    10-28-2014 07:17 AM
    What is it for anyway? Not for regular use everyday. I guess it could be for someone who lives in jungle/forest or work at desert or other dusty/moist/wet place ;/ But for regular people it is ugly and not functional. Anyway it looks like nothing could stop it
    10-28-2014 08:32 AM
    Just got the case mentioned in the OP. And it gets 4 out of 5 stars from me. It would be 5 if they would have went the extra step to make the clip double as a kickstand, and allow the phone to be placed facing out so that I can use the holster as a stand for viewing functions. Other than that it is a great case.
    10-28-2014 09:12 AM
    I just wanted to say, even though I love this case and I don't mind how it looks, I don't think it's the BEST CASE. I don't think it's terribly ugly though. I was just commenting on how much I like it. I didn't start the thread, so maybe it could have been titled better by the OP. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes. For me, I love the Defender Cases, but I'm getting just as much protection, for a much cheaper price, and it's a Case. I use a case for protection of the phone, be it thin, hybrid, or heavy duty. I wanted heavy duty and this case does that for me. It can look pretty, but if it doesn't do it's job protecting the phone, then what's the point of a case? Go Naked.

I did pop out the built in screen protector, because the Tempered Glass I have on there already. It does have a hole cut out for the Home button and it lines up great. So I don't think it's the BEST CASE out there, but for what I saw available this early with release, it more than meets my needs. Just my opinion.
    What glass screen protector are you using? Can you please post pictures?
    10-28-2014 09:21 AM
    This is the case I ordered for my Note 4 as I used the same case on my S3 for two years and I love it. When it is in the holster, the S-Pen is protected and will not slip out.

This Is The Best Galaxy Note 4 Case-n4-case.jpg
    Extremevl and kittenphelia like this.
    10-28-2014 09:33 AM
    Been in a bad spot the last few days since I got the Note 4 from Verizon on release day. Only case was the S-View. Couldn't stand it. Ordered a Seidio online.. but that then got cancelled due to the mic issues. Otterbox Defender was sold out online and in best buy stores. So, went back to VZ to just get one of their rugged cases to tide me over. Holy wow... they had the Otterbox Defender in stock! Snatched one up and am now a happy camper!

Gotta cut out that screen protector though... really sucks.
    10-28-2014 09:55 AM
    What glass screen protector are you using? Can you please post pictures?
    I did post pics earlier in the thread. Showing the case. I just have the Tempered Glass Screen Protector that Verizon had at the store. I used Iloome flex on my N2 and N3, the one at Verizon was a flex screen also. I figured might as well try it, because that's all that was available for me at the time. It looks good. Just hate that now that I popped off the Unicorn Beetle plastic screen, the Glass screen protector is collecting more dust from my pockets now than with the other plastic cover that comes with the case. Not a big deal though. The fingerprint scanner works fine with the Verizon Glass Protector too.
    10-28-2014 11:20 AM
    I have been naked but I wouldn't mind the protection of a case ... But .. I like it naked. Ugh! Haha ^_^.
    10-28-2014 11:22 AM
    Been in a bad spot the last few days since I got the Note 4 from Verizon on release day. Only case was the S-View. Couldn't stand it. Ordered a Seidio online.. but that then got cancelled due to the mic issues. Otterbox Defender was sold out online and in best buy stores. So, went back to VZ to just get one of their rugged cases to tide me over. Holy wow... they had the Otterbox Defender in stock! Snatched one up and am now a happy camper!

Gotta cut out that screen protector though... really sucks.
    I got the cheap bumper case at Verizon, before the case in this thread to hold me over. I was surprised at how many cases they had at the store. They had a few of their hybrid cases and in the Package, they looked HUGE! Now that was surprising compared to this Supcase that I'm using. It seems much smaller to me then those at Verizon.
    10-28-2014 11:23 AM
    I have problems with my hands. I tried an Otterbox Commuter case with my S3 but had difficulty pushing the buttons at times. Does this case have similar issues? As in does it require extra effort to get the buttons to work?
    10-28-2014 12:48 PM
    I had this case on my HTC one m8, and hated it. Added too much bulk, and I ended up removing the screen protector it came. Nice protection though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 01:07 PM
    What do you guys care about the design and thinness of the phone if you're just going to cover it up with a bulky rubber case? Why did bother clamoring for a more "luxurious" finish, with metal and a better-feeling back panel? It just makes no sense to me. If you're going to cover it in a slab of rubber anyway, then you should be asking Samsung to make the exterior of the phone CHEAPER, and maybe bring the cost of the device down.
    10-28-2014 01:43 PM
    What do you guys care about the design and thinness of the phone if you're just going to cover it up with a bulky rubber case? Why did bother clamoring for a more "luxurious" finish, with metal and a better-feeling back panel? It just makes no sense to me. If you're going to cover it in a slab of rubber anyway, then you should be asking Samsung to make the exterior of the phone CHEAPER, and maybe bring the cost of the device down.
    The thinner the phone, the thinner the phone + case will be. That should be obvious, to be honest.
    10-28-2014 03:07 PM
    For me personally, I do use a case and cover up the finish. But I still like knowing that what is inside the case is worth protecting. It's not so much about what i'm looking at or fondling (at least not when it comes to a phone) but it's about knowing what is there and that Samsung had enough self respect to make a fine product. I don't want to buy a case just to house something that Samsung defecated.
    10-28-2014 03:10 PM
    I like this case I ordered.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case, Obliq [Rugged Slim Fit]

I purchased this one it's slim, stylish and a little rugged. It arrived very quickly too. And I also ordered a tempered glass screen protector.
    10-28-2014 03:22 PM
    I prefer the i-Blason Prime Series Dual Layer Holster case. I think it looks less bulky.
    That looks nice and I like the built it kickstand.. but I like the Supcase for the reason it covers all the ports.. I know port protection is not a *necessity* for dust protection (the phones are designed to be carried caseless after all), but I just like the added security, especially from stray drops of rain or whatever.
    10-28-2014 10:12 PM
    I am in the military and I ordered this case so that on occasion when I go on a course that is a bit more physical I can have my beautiful phone with me and not worry about getting knocked around while its in my pocket. I will have a slim fit almost naked case for lesser demanding times. It's nice to have options.
    10-28-2014 10:47 PM
182 12345 ...