11-04-2016 05:23 AM
182 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Personally I don't like the look of that one, I got this case and love it. The Spigen Tough armor, not too bulky and they make a Spigen Slim Armor but I don't know if the slim would protect significantly if a fall were to happen. 18$ on amazon when I got it but To each his own
    Attached Thumbnails This Is The Best Galaxy Note 4 Case-1415042558551.jpg  
    monsieurms and GSOgymrat like this.
    11-03-2014 01:22 PM
    That's the one I started with, but returned, because the phone will not sit flat on a desk with it on. (Tried two of them actually.)
    11-03-2014 01:25 PM
    Urban Armor Gear, they're slimmer than an Otterbox and are just as protective! Not to mention, they're not as ugly! Lol

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2014 01:27 PM
    So bulky and ugly. At least the Otterbox cases look nice.
    11-03-2014 05:33 PM
    Personally I don't like the look of that one, I got this case and love it. The Spigen Tough armor, not too bulky and they make a Spigen Slim Armor but I don't know if the slim would protect significantly if a fall were to happen. 18$ on amazon when I got it but To each his own
    I have the Tough Armor too. Kickstand is very nice. The case is nice and slim. Big enough opening for almost any headphone jack. The only thing that made me swap for the Supcase was the dust covers for all the ports, including the S-pen. As I said, the Supcase isn't much thicker than the Tough Armor, so that's why I'm keeping it right now.
    Dankees likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:15 PM
    So bulky and ugly. At least the Otterbox cases look nice.
    In your opinion. The case isn't bulky at all. I also like the military industrial look.
    skippyg and Dankees like this.
    11-03-2014 06:16 PM
    Okay. Let's see.

The good: It's only about 1 mm thicker than the Spigen Tough Armor case I had. It's very slim. It's also very light. It has a cover for the S-pen. It's got covers for the ports. It's got a nice texture and is not slippery in the hand, but slides easily into my dress shirt pocket. It also has a belt clip cover.

The not as good: The built in screen protector. It's got a dust gathering cutout for the home button like the one I *hated* on the Otterbox. Immediately popped out. The dust covers don't seal like an Otterbox case - there are small grooves between the rubber covers and plastic that grips them will allow dust to collect inside.

Overall, I like the case. I like that it covers the ports but I think I'll have to remove it occasionally to clean out dust that might gather along the inside of the case.
    Are there screen protectors that fit into this case that cover the home button?

I would be very interested in that!
    11-04-2014 03:15 PM
    Bulkiest Note 4 Case
    11-04-2014 11:22 PM
    In your opinion. The case isn't bulky at all. I also like the military industrial look.
    It is bulky though. That's not really an opinion.
    11-04-2014 11:26 PM
    It is bulky though. That's not really an opinion.
    No, it's not. It's less than 1 mm thicker than the Spigen Tough Armor. So, that you find it bulky whereas others don't indeed makes it an opinion.
    11-04-2014 11:48 PM
    No, it's not. It's less than 1 mm thicker than the Spigen Tough Armor. So, that you find it bulky whereas others don't indeed makes it an opinion.
    The Spigen Tough Armor is the second bulkiest case behind this one.
    11-05-2014 02:29 AM
    bulkiest
    You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    11-05-2014 02:38 AM
    Holy cow, it's not bulky.

Other owners have also agreed.
    11-05-2014 09:07 AM
    How about drop test u think will survive?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 01:29 PM
    How about drop test u think will survive?

Yes.
    11-05-2014 01:35 PM
    Must be nice if they can put a video in you tube like life proof and otterbox. I like the case I'm using it for a week now. but there's always something in my mind that if I drop it will Crack the screen. $700 phone should i invest on nice phone case like life proof or otterbox.

11-05-2014 05:34 PM
    Received my spigen slim armor today. Ordered on Monday so +1 for Amazon on this one. Just put it on, seems a little slippery, but looks decent. For 15 bucks including shipping I'm not complaining.

Attached Thumbnails This Is The Best Galaxy Note 4 Case-20141105_185136.jpg  
    11-05-2014 05:55 PM
    Actually, it's a nice looking case. The built-in screen protector is a good touch. But I'd much rather have a built-in kickstand rather than a belt clip.
    11-05-2014 06:26 PM
    On Amazon, this case is now #1 in "Hot New Releases In Cell Phone Cases"
    11-05-2014 07:26 PM
    This feels CHEAP once its on your hand.

I don't like it to be too thin or too bulky.

I got this one which I think is just about right.
    11-05-2014 08:14 PM
    Received my spigen slim armor today. Ordered on Monday so +1 for Amazon on this one. Just put it on, seems a little slippery, but looks decent. For 15 bucks including shipping I'm not complaining.

I've been using the Spigen Slim Armor Dual protective case for a week now, and I have nothing negative to say about it. I was concerned I would always have to hold the phone in my hand everywhere I went, but nope, it fits nicely in all my shirt pockets and I'm confident that it would withstand in a drop. I'm still careful with it though, because I feel the glass screen can still get damaged by mishaps. I can't wait till a tempered glass protector comes out for this. Then I will be convinced that my phone is fully protected.

11-05-2014 11:25 PM
    I just received my SUPCASE that the OP discussed in the initial post. At a hair under $22 delivered on Amazon, I am very impressed. It took 12 days from order to delivery, which was a bit worrisome since I was concerned about going "naked" for too long with my new device. But the seller emailed me to advise that the case was backordered, so I just had to be extra careful during my wait.

The case is very sturdy, and while it adds some bulk, it doesn't bother me. Coming from an iPhone 5, the phone already feels big in my hand, so adding a little bulk to it isn't a negative in any way, IMHO. The "flaps" that cover the headphone jack, the power plug and the s pen fit snuggly (is that even a word?), and frankly they add a good bit of protection I would think. It's not rated as waterproof, obviously, but the flaps give me some piece of mind for when I'm running with the phone or I happen to get caught in the rain while I've got the phone with me.

The cover does not feel slippery, but I wouldn't say the plastic is tacky or grippy either. The edges have more grip than the back, and they have slightly raised cerraded edges that assist with handling. It certainly is more confidence-inspiring than while holding the smooth edges of the naked phone.

The built-in screen protector is literally invisible, and I've noticed no degredation in touch sensitivity. And I do like the added protection it adds since I use the s pen and had concerns regarding whether the plastic tip could effect the screen over time. How much protection it would actually add in a drop scenario remains unknown, though I hope to never put it to the test.

As far as the holster, I don't know how often I'll actually use it. But it too is well-made and appears to be sturdy. The clip is solid and, with some effort, can be turned to allow for placement lengthwise or widthwise. The phone fits securely in the holster and I'd have no apprehension about it falling out accidentally.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the SUPCASE. Eventually I would like to get a waterproof case (Seidio, Otterbox or Lifeproof if they they come out with one), but those aren't available yet AND they won't be $16.99 plus shipping when they become available.

I give the SUPCASE 2 thumbs up!
    Berean4Him and Dankees like this.
    11-06-2014 07:03 PM
    That's awesome Dankees.
    Dankees likes this.
    11-06-2014 07:18 PM
    I'm still loving my ringke fusion case
    11-06-2014 07:23 PM
    This case is ugly and bulky. Cheap in price and quality. The OP obviously has something to gain from it's sale.
    winpeguy likes this.
    11-06-2014 11:50 PM
182 ... 34567 ...