View Poll Results: Will you be getting the Gear VR?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 61.54%
  • No

5 38.46%
    Seems most of the early reviews seem to think this N4 accessory has lots of promise as an early VR device. I'd love to have one to watch movies on, but I think I'll wait until it and the gear watch hit clearance in 6 months or so, then get them both half off as toys.
    10-29-2014 10:02 AM
    I want one really bad, any preorders up for it?
    10-29-2014 11:12 AM
    I want one really bad, any preorders up for it?
    Haven't seen any yet, but I read release is supposed to be in December.
    10-29-2014 03:58 PM
    Top of the list of things I must have for my Note 4! By christmas I am sure, clearance or not I will have one.
    10-30-2014 11:07 AM
    I will buy one once it's available in my region.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-30-2014 08:28 PM
    No I do not want it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 08:44 PM
    While I wouldn't mind having one, I just can't justify the cost for the limited use it would likely get.
    11-03-2014 11:19 PM
    I really want one also, but I am looking at the cost and how long do I plan to keep my Note 4. If it only works with the Note 4 and I plan on upgrading next yer to the Note 5, then I don't see a point in getting one. Also I want to know how much movies and apps will cost on it. Having said all this, I still want one but I'm not sure it will be worth it in the end.
    skittlepop likes this.
    11-05-2014 06:59 PM
    I'm planning to get it as long add it's not over 200
    11-06-2014 10:39 AM
    This is like last year with the Gear 1 watch. I fell for that then, so I suppose I will fall for this. Looking forward to next year's microwave toaster.
    11-06-2014 01:37 PM
    Well, the old man is going to jump on the VR like hot on rice. Just as soon as it is released here in the states. Too old to play the waiting game. My Note 4 and Gear S are smoking, and VR promises to add to the smoke.

Plus, I am Senior Citizen Samsung Fanboy... Am I the only one??
    11-19-2014 10:07 PM
    Getting it day 1!
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    11-20-2014 09:54 AM
    I really want one also, but I am looking at the cost and how long do I plan to keep my Note 4. If it only works with the Note 4 and I plan on upgrading next yer to the Note 5, then I don't see a point in getting one. Also I want to know how much movies and apps will cost on it. Having said all this, I still want one but I'm not sure it will be worth it in the end.
    This. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade in 2 years, plus I'm not sure if it would even be a Samsung phone anyways (not that I expect the VR Gear to be compatible with the Note 5)

It's cheaper than Occulus Rift and coming sooner, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it since it'll be restricted to the hardware AND software of the Note 4. The Rift seems more future proof to me, plus wouldn't the Rift get more games? Or will Occulus stuff be compatible with the VR Gear?
    12-04-2014 11:43 AM
    The Samsung Gear VR is now available for purchase, for $200 at
    Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition

They call it, "Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition". Gizmag speculated they called it that because there isn't much in the way of software to use with it.

I do CAD design. I was thinking through some sort of commercial justification for my work. But I cannot find any software, to allow the user to import CAD models. And if the software did exist, I am not sure this sort of device is really necessary just to view a model. Is it really that much better than something like Google Cardboard for viewing a CAD model? For my work, I suspect we may even prefer some of the low-cost plastic versions of Google Cardboard. We could even give a cheap one to a client, for them to use with their own smart phone, if they had access to one with good resolution.

At $200, I am definitely not personally going for it.

-Joe
    12-09-2014 12:59 AM
    Just a quick note so no one falls into the trap I did. The Gear VR is currently NOT compatible with the Verzion or Tmobile Note 4. It's unclear if the unit will be made compatible though a patch to the unit, a software update through the carrier, or if a completely different hardware sku is required. I basically have a pricy doorstop being delivered by UPS today because of this.
    12-09-2014 03:51 PM
    Just a quick note so no one falls into the trap I did. The Gear VR is currently NOT compatible with the Verzion or Tmobile Note 4. It's unclear if the unit will be made compatible though a patch to the unit, a software update through the carrier, or if a completely different hardware sku is required. I basically have a pricy doorstop being delivered by UPS today because of this.
    Man that sucks. I know it says it's compatible with Verizon, but the T Mobile thing is new. I'm still trying to decide if I need this in my life or not (I have Sprint.)

I heard that they eventually want to get support for other Samsung phones too so a patch for the other Notes seems plausible?
    12-09-2014 10:43 PM
    Mine is on the way, I'm a verizon customer. There is no incentive for carriers to update for it, unless they are making money off it. I don't think verizon is selling it? I'll bug the crap out of them.
    12-10-2014 08:11 AM
    Mine's on the way too haha. I finally set up my cardboard and absolutely loved it, so even if there's only a few dozen little experiences, it's gonna be worth it. Especially for the Jack White concert alone haha.
    12-10-2014 09:11 PM
    There is an update that should make it compatible

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-11-2014 09:19 AM