First off, let me say, I love my new Note 4.

I really like the S View cover for it too.

The issue I am having is that when the cover is closed, it disables NFC functionality. Which is a bit of a pain. I use the tap-to-pay feature and when I got this phone, it wouldn't work. I just thought I got a bad SIM card. But through talking to Verizon support and through my own trial-and-error, I discovered that it works just fine if the cover is open. It doesn't if the cover is closed.

I have checked the settings for the NFC chip and the S View cover and there is no option there that will allow me to keep the NFC active when the cover is closed. The phone lock is sufficient for keeping the NFC secure.

Now before the replies come that say, "Just use the phone with the cover open, dummy" let me say that I do this. But when you hand your phone over through a drive-through window or even hold it out our car window there is really no where to grip that is secure. I am just afraid of dropping my phone and shattering the glass. Or the cashier closes the cover and it won't work.

In my support calls I was eventually forwarded to Samsung. Where the ever-so-helpful Note 4 department finally confirmed what I believed. Closing the cover blocks the features of the NFC chip. This is a feature, not a flaw.

Previously, I had a Note 2 with a flip cover and this was a non-issue.

Is anyone else having this problem? What would you suggest that I do besides get a different case?

Thanks.
    10-29-2014 11:14 AM
    So that was my problem! I was going crazy trying to use tap-to-pay with my S-View case installed. I was tapping and tapping and nothing would work (it used to work fine before I got my S-View case). I finally decided to return the S-View case. Thanks for at least helping me understand why I was having trouble.
    11-02-2014 05:41 PM
    I had a problem last week not realizing that rite aid turned off nfc. Tried it a couple of days later at radio schack and it worked fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 11:39 PM