Gear s release

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just purchased the moto 360 and very happy with it. Coming from gear 2 don't think i want to go back to Tizen.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased the moto 360 and very happy with it. Coming from gear 2 don't think i want to go back to Tizen.

I couldn't stand the 360. I think it was to much Google for me. I don't think I like android wear.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about this deal is that you are going to have two numbers. I do not have the need for two different phone numbers... It would have been sweet if you could have use the number that you have now for the gear s

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about this deal is that you are going to have two numbers. I do not have the need for two different phone numbers... It would have been sweet if you could have use the number that you have now for the gear s
From the rumors I've heard that might not be the case. At least with AT&T there is supposedly something called Cascade that allows two devices to share the same identity. This might not mean having the same number though. I will see what I can find on the subject.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I really like the gear S and would love to have it, but I doubt Verizon will have it. I wonder why they didn't do a WiFi version of this watch, not everyone wants a stand alone watch when you have a note 4.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I really like the gear S and would love to have it, but I doubt Verizon will have it. I wonder why they didn't do a WiFi version of this watch, not everyone wants a stand alone watch when you have a note 4.

I think Verizon will but it'll be later Tham the rest of the carriers as always. Another reason I left Verizon.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
If and only if there is a standalone running/biking app and I can transfer playlists from my phone. Otherwise, the only over $200 watch purchase I make will be from Garmin or Polar.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna pick one up and play with it to see how I like it. I will be buying it outright and won't be using it as a stand alone. I'm assuming (since I won't be using it as a stand alone) I can use the sprint or t mobile version with my Verizon Note 4.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna pick one up and play with it to see how I like it. I will be buying it outright and won't be using it as a stand alone. I'm assuming (since I won't be using it as a stand alone) I can use the sprint or t mobile version with my Verizon Note 4.
Sadly you can't. Some who were lucky enough to get it today say the sim card is already in the watch. And according to the manager I talked to you absolutely have to add a line when you buy it unless you have a line that is not on contract. I asked if this was true even though I was buying outright he said yes. I hope he was lying. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow they better be holding it like they said they would.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Well if you pay full price with no subsidy, there shouldn't be a contract with the new line so just cancel it as soon as you leave the store. Can't imagine it forces you into a two year contract if there isn't any subsidy.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Well if you pay full price with no subsidy, there shouldn't be a contract with the new line so just cancel it as soon as you leave the store. Can't imagine it forces you into a two year contract if there isn't any subsidy.
That manager was lying. I ordered mine online this morning and was able to switch out my tablet. I just have to go pick it up today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci