3rd party s view cases

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Good evening folks...I ordered a samsung galaxy note 4 flip view case and it doesn't trigger the s view feature at all...rather strange..Is there something I'm missing? ....thanks in advance...I ordered it through amazon...

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Flip Case/Cover with Stand - SLIDE SERIES - By Cush Cases [Features transparent window to view alerts and PATENTED "Finger Slide" Design] ...

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend third party s view cases. They probably won't work properly as you have already found out. I know OEM are expensive but they are great I love mine.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know I'm going to return the other one...since the kit Kat update they don't work anymore

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
There's a removable chip in the s view case, it's that chip which makes the s functions work. 3rd party cases might've not found that technology yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
There's a removable chip in the s view case, it's that chip which makes the s functions work. 3rd party cases might've not found that technology yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's not a chip it's a magnet. Simply take a magnet and lay it across the bottom left corner of the Note 4 and it will trigger the S View mode.

DC1510

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I really think it is missing a chip rather than a magnet. I bought a fake S View cover and the quality is just as good. You can install S View Plus from Google Play which uses the proximity sensor to activate the S View.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I really think it is missing a chip rather than a magnet. I bought a fake S View cover and the quality is just as good. You can install S View Plus from Google Play which uses the proximity sensor to activate the S View.

I took a magnet and it work. It's just a magnet. Trust me. The same with HTC M8 and LG G3. Anyone who has the flip case can feel the magnet in the corner.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
On the S4, I had a Spygen Slim S View Armor cases that worked great until Kit Kat came out. Afterwards, pressing the home button or S View would not work at all. This same thing happened with my wife's S4 too. BTW, we are not talking about the sleep wake function but the actual S View features.

From what I understand, there is a chip that allows for official devices to be identified.

Samsung Appears To Have Started Blocking Third-Party Accessories Starting With KitKat On The Note 3, But There Is A Root Solution [Update: Samsung Responds]

Samsung to enforce usage of official accessories? | SamMobile

Samsung fix due for unofficial Note 3 smart-covers broken by KitKat | ZDNet

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...d-unofficial-accessories-via-software-update/

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/22...-working-on-galaxy-note-3-post-kitkat-update/

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Good evening folks...I ordered a samsung galaxy note 4 flip view case and it doesn't trigger the s view feature at all...rather strange..Is there something I'm missing? ....thanks in advance...I ordered it through amazon...

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Flip Case/Cover with Stand - SLIDE SERIES - By Cush Cases [Features transparent window to view alerts and PATENTED "Finger Slide" Design] ...

Before you return it, with the official S View cover, I had to remove and snap it back on about three times before it worked. Sometimes the pins dont make good contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463