Good evening folks...I ordered a samsung galaxy note 4 flip view case and it doesn't trigger the s view feature at all...rather strange..Is there something I'm missing? ....thanks in advance...I ordered it through amazon...

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Flip Case/Cover with Stand - SLIDE SERIES - By Cush Cases [Features transparent window to view alerts and PATENTED "Finger Slide" Design] ...

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 10:09 PM
    I wouldn't recommend third party s view cases. They probably won't work properly as you have already found out. I know OEM are expensive but they are great I love mine.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-30-2014 10:13 PM
    Yeah I know I'm going to return the other one...since the kit Kat update they don't work anymore

10-31-2014 07:36 AM
    There's a removable chip in the s view case, it's that chip which makes the s functions work. 3rd party cases might've not found that technology yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-01-2014 02:54 PM
    There's a removable chip in the s view case, it's that chip which makes the s functions work. 3rd party cases might've not found that technology yet.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    It's not a chip it's a magnet. Simply take a magnet and lay it across the bottom left corner of the Note 4 and it will trigger the S View mode.

11-20-2014 07:12 PM
    I really think it is missing a chip rather than a magnet. I bought a fake S View cover and the quality is just as good. You can install S View Plus from Google Play which uses the proximity sensor to activate the S View.
    11-20-2014 08:23 PM
    I really think it is missing a chip rather than a magnet. I bought a fake S View cover and the quality is just as good. You can install S View Plus from Google Play which uses the proximity sensor to activate the S View.
    I took a magnet and it work. It's just a magnet. Trust me. The same with HTC M8 and LG G3. Anyone who has the flip case can feel the magnet in the corner.

11-20-2014 11:10 PM
    On the S4, I had a Spygen Slim S View Armor cases that worked great until Kit Kat came out. Afterwards, pressing the home button or S View would not work at all. This same thing happened with my wife's S4 too. BTW, we are not talking about the sleep wake function but the actual S View features.

From what I understand, there is a chip that allows for official devices to be identified.

Samsung Appears To Have Started Blocking Third-Party Accessories Starting With KitKat On The Note 3, But There Is A Root Solution [Update: Samsung Responds]

Samsung to enforce usage of official accessories? | SamMobile

Samsung fix due for unofficial Note 3 smart-covers broken by KitKat | ZDNet

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...ftware-update/

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/22/...kitkat-update/
    11-27-2014 03:02 AM
    Good evening folks...I ordered a samsung galaxy note 4 flip view case and it doesn't trigger the s view feature at all...rather strange..Is there something I'm missing? ....thanks in advance...I ordered it through amazon...

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Flip Case/Cover with Stand - SLIDE SERIES - By Cush Cases [Features transparent window to view alerts and PATENTED "Finger Slide" Design] ...

Before you return it, with the official S View cover, I had to remove and snap it back on about three times before it worked. Sometimes the pins dont make good contact.
    11-27-2014 03:13 AM