03-10-2015 09:51 PM
30 12
tools
    Just received my Caseology slim fit case from Amazon today. Figured I would share some pics and give my first impressions. I actually really love the look, and it seems to be a good quality case, especially for $12.99. The fit seems perfect. There is no screen protection, but I ordered a second, heavier duty case with belt clip for that. For the money, I give this case 5 stars. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the mediocre pics. Taken with an iPhone 5. :/

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3137.jpg   Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3141.jpg   Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3143.jpg   Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3144.jpg   Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3147.jpg  

Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-img_3149.jpg   Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-screenshot_2014-11-06-19-05-20.jpg  
    11-06-2014 07:12 PM
    This looks nice in pictures but soon you'll feel it's really a cheap plastic.
    11-06-2014 07:33 PM
    What would you say is the best case?
    11-06-2014 07:42 PM
    The consensus in the forums is Verus Thor. I bought it today. I bought a couple others previous to that but after reading the forums, yeah, it seems that Verus is the real deal. Note that I owned Caseology for my previous phone. Ringke is another one that is not good.
    11-06-2014 07:47 PM
    I don't know, man. I've had a LOT of experience with both good and bad quality plastics throughout my career, and this seems to be a very well engineered case. All the tolerances around the case seem to be nice and tight with no play. I will have no problem admitting I am wrong if I see it wear prematurely, but I am very impressed for 13 bucks. Did you happen to take it in and out of your Caseology case a lot?

11-06-2014 08:32 PM
    What would you say is the best case?
    The "best case" is subjective. Do you want something of a small profile that will be easy to get in and out of your pocket? That's the purpose of this case. Do you want a heavy duty case with two layers of protection and a screen protector? Then go for something like this, the Verus Thor, or something similar.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Caseology Case First Impressions-screenshot_2014-11-06-20-39-43.jpg  
    11-06-2014 08:42 PM
    Just received my Caseology slim fit case from Amazon today. Figured I would share some pics and give my first impressions. I actually really love the look, and it seems to be a good quality case, especially for $12.99. The fit seems perfect. There is no screen protection, but I ordered a second, heavier duty case with belt clip for that. For the money, I give this case 5 stars. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the mediocre pics. Taken with an iPhone 5. :/

Nice!!! I have the same one in black. Great fit!
    11-06-2014 08:50 PM
    Good review. Does anyone know if Caseology makes a clip holster for this case. Or... if another manufacturer makes a clip holster this Caseology case would fit into? TIA.
    11-06-2014 09:30 PM
    I don't know, man. I've had a LOT of experience with both good and bad quality plastics throughout my career, and this seems to be a very well engineered case. All the tolerances around the case seem to be nice and tight with no play. I will have no problem admitting I am wrong if I see it wear prematurely, but I am very impressed for 13 bucks. Did you happen to take it in and out of your Caseology case a lot?

As soon as I opened the box I thought it looked cheap and whenever I see another Note on a train wearing this coat, I think it looks cheap.
    11-06-2014 11:31 PM
    The consensus in the forums is Verus Thor. I bought it today. I bought a couple others previous to that but after reading the forums, yeah, it seems that Verus is the real deal. Note that I owned Caseology for my previous phone. Ringke is another one that is not good.
    Alright I'll keep that in mind, just ordered the verus! Currently have the Spigen capsule which is garbage
    11-06-2014 11:40 PM
    I kind of came here expecting a bit more depth in this review, haha.
    11-07-2014 01:01 AM
    No offense to the OP but I think that's one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

I'm not a big case person though and rock my devices naked..

If you like it and if you like the way it looks then that's all that matters.
    11-07-2014 08:42 AM
    I kind of came here expecting a bit more depth in this review, haha.
    Hahaha sorry. I should have titled it ....First Impressions. Though there isn't much to review on a case like this other than the fit, finish, price, and durability, which won't be reviewable for a while. Unless it wears prematurely.

11-07-2014 08:42 AM
    It doesn't have the elongated hole for the mic at the bottom so it could be an issue depending on your variant.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-07-2014 09:38 AM
    No offense to the OP but I think that's one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

I'm not a big case person though and rock my devices naked..

If you like it and if you like the way it looks then that's all that matters.
    Haha. None taken. I like my phones naked as well, but coming from an iPhone 5, I wanted something to protect at least a wee bit more because I feel quite vulnerable when pulling it out of my pocket. I took a gamble because I knew it was a love it or hate it design, but when I opened the package I was very impressed.

11-07-2014 03:23 PM
    Hey tat..is the outside of that case aluminum?

11-08-2014 05:05 AM
    Is that case aluminum.

11-08-2014 05:06 AM
    Looks like a Spigen rip off. Or maybe Spigen ripped THEM off. Lol

11-08-2014 05:59 AM
    Is that case aluminum.

No, it's plastic.

11-08-2014 09:55 PM
    I think you will find that the Thor gets in and out of the pocket just fine. IMO it offers a more balanced compromise between protection, aesthetics and functionality of any of the cases I have seen. Not as protective as a defender or a Ballistic Tough Jacket, not as trim as the cases that are playing to that interest but enough of everything. Enough protection for the normal sorts of things that might happen to your phone. Plus they have gotten the texture and the size and the shape so right and in the right places that you feel like you could juggle a Note successfully. I don't get that level of confidence in the hand with any other case I have tried so far and that is really important to me. 9 out of 10 times if I drop my phone it is straight out of my hand. So how many drops will the Thor save me in the first place? IMO....plenty!!

So many of the other cases feel like they just want to jump right out of my hand. Thor makes me feel like I've got Spiderman stickum.
    11-08-2014 11:17 PM
    How is this case on fingerprints? I'm torn between the white one and the bronze one. Would prefer the white but worried about makeup stains and what not. Since it's plastic is it easy to wipe off/clean up like the original back of the phone?
    02-16-2015 03:00 PM
    I'm picking one up today. I'll tell you how it goes.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 4 running on The Nations Fastest 4GLTE network. T-Mobile
    ladyfinesse08 likes this.
    02-22-2015 03:30 PM
    How is this case on fingerprints? I'm torn between the white one and the bronze one. Would prefer the white but worried about makeup stains and what not. Since it's plastic is it easy to wipe off/clean up like the original back of the phone?
    I have the white. So far so good.
    02-24-2015 11:23 AM
    I have the same case its quiet nice... very good value. Someone asked about finger prints, and it does not attract them at all...
    03-01-2015 11:02 PM
    OK, here's a question for all you Caseology Note 4 case owners.

Does this case in fact scratch the polished aluminum edges of your Note 4 like the notorious Spigen NeoHybrid does? The Spigen case destroyed my Note 4's edges in a matter of a month. Many others have had the same results with the Spigen scratching their phone's edges. This Caseology case and the NeoHybrid are almost identical which leads me to think it will scratch the metal frame however, I've searched and searched online and have not found a definitive answer on this. Look anywhere for two minutes and you will see negative talk about the Spigen though.

Now I'm skeptical. Just ordered this case in white/gold. If it scratches, its going right into the trash where my Spigen case went.

Anyone have any input?
    03-07-2015 09:53 AM
30 12