I'm torn on which Smart Watch to get and the reviews are not being much help.

The look and concept of the Gear s is appealing, but I do not like S-voice or Tizen.

I like the idea of using Google now and non-Samsung apps with the Gear Live, but am not sure just how well the two OS's mesh.

Only vaguely considering Moto 360 because on paper it sounds like I want a Smart Watch without Samsung's added fluff, but then again the reviews really have not given me enough to go on.

Does anyone use these devices? What has been your experience? Have you tried any of them with the Note 4? Is there some hidden compatibility issue I should be made aware of?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-11-2014 09:11 AM
    I'm torn on which Smart Watch to get and the reviews are not being much help.

The look and concept of the Gear s is appealing, but I do not like S-voice or Tizen.

I like the idea of using Google now and non-Samsung apps with the Gear Live, but am not sure just how well the two OS's mesh.

Only vaguely considering Moto 360 because on paper it sounds like I want a Smart Watch without Samsung's added fluff, but then again the reviews really have not given me enough to go on.

Does anyone use these devices? What has been your experience? Have you tried any of them with the Note 4? Is there some hidden compatibility issue I should be made aware of?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I hated the moto 360 because it essentially did NOTHING but tell me I had a notification. Google now is great but only if you can use it to do something. I have the Gear S, first watch I will probably keep. I can call and text from the thing! Easier than you'd think too. I love it.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    Michael Maloney1 likes this.
    11-11-2014 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! How's the app selection?

11-11-2014 04:55 PM
    app selection is ok so far. samsung did give out the open sdk for developers but there is only so much you will want to do on a watch. some poeple are saying why no video streaming. one its a 2" screen but its a 300mah battery so it meant for smart uses. so far the gear s is great. i was an all google kind of person but i had a moto 360 and 3 days i got bored for it mainly only did was relay my notifacation to my hand which is nice but this GEAR S is awesome. i can leave my note 4 home and take my watch to the gym and have my music to my wireless headphone and if my wife calls or texts me i will get it on my wathc and not have ot have a note 4 on my armband.

also if you phone battery dies you still have a watch. send recive emails and text. you would think the keyboard would be hard for its 2" but if you use swype it so easy and highly accurate.

i too ahte s voice, i used nly google nowon my note 3 and note 4 but for what you need it for like set alarm, call joe, text sam, blah blah it works for what it is needed. it seems better s voice than it was on the s 3. better understandaing.

also this is new to apps will be growing more now that the free sdk is out there for developers but there are smart apps already. this is truly a "smartwatch" no other watch is as smart. i bought it outright and added it to verizon for $5 a month.
    dorrien12 likes this.
    11-11-2014 05:56 PM
    Wow Mike. Thanks! That was very detailed (and convincing!)

I think I have to go with the S now!

11-11-2014 06:10 PM
    One more question... How is the screen on S in sunlight?

I've read that the Live was pretty difficult to see in daylight. Did they address this issue with the S?

11-11-2014 07:06 PM
    So one will need to get a new phone # for the gear S? Or can we get another the same as the phone?
    11-15-2014 02:52 PM
    I have a new number but there are a few people who do not and use it as a Bluetooth connection with the phone. But the beauty of the S is if you are away from phone it disconnects and uses the watch number.

11-16-2014 08:09 AM
    The S is an amazing watch

11-16-2014 08:09 AM
    I love my moto 360 because it essentially does everything I need. I can initiate calls with it and text with it. I can receive and read the whole body of emails, texts, GroupMe, SlickDeals and Instagram notifications and delete them individually, like posts, and respond right from my watch. I set alarms and timers with my voice all the time. Voice recognition is spectacular. I control my Spotify music with it as well.

Google Now is great because I can use it to do so many things. It notifies me how much time it'll take me to get to frequent destinations. Tells me when my packages have shipped and arrived. Tells me the weather and forecast every morning. I'm considering the Gear S, but I'm not sure it's a watch I would keep (mainly because of app selection).

Yes, I can call and text from my 360! Easier than you'd think too. Throw in the step counter, heart rate monitor, different watchfaces depending on my mood and I can swap out bands. I love it.

The only thing I'd change would be to put a stronger vibrating motor in it so it would be easier to know when I have a notification.

sforsyth01 likes this.
    11-16-2014 08:42 PM
    I have the gear 2 and it's great for what it does..depends what you need from a watch? gear S is clearly the best watch out right now as it does pretty much everything
    11-16-2014 09:42 PM
    360 was a great watch for me untill my back gave way and put me on the floor out of Bluetooth range and no way to call for help. Went out and purchased the S and no more worries.

11-16-2014 09:42 PM
    Anyone have any input on the geak 2 watch? I love it's aesthetics, but I'm worried about English support and other issues that I may not be aware of

11-17-2014 05:12 PM