I am hoping to simple be able to lay my phone down in the car, and have it charge wirelessly. There seem to be very few wireless chargers designed for the car. The only one I know of is the $80 one by iOttie;
    iOttie iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Charging Car Mount for Google Nexus 5 and Qi Enabled Smartphones

It will fit a bare Note 4, but I am not certain it with my case, which is just over the 3.3" width their specs state the holder can handle.

So I was considering just adding a Qi charger to a non-charging holder. The ECO Sound Qi Wireless Charging would seem to be one candidate, since, at 82mm wide, it is a bit smaller in footprint than the Note 4, and is only 3/16" thick.
    $26 http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charg...cUvbUpU4048281

Any other ideas?

-Joe
    11-12-2014 06:38 PM
    I just ordered Samsung EP-HN910 inductive charger. It's either was just released in Europe or perhaps some limited release from the past. Google finds it on amazon.de (and .fr) and computeruniverse.net (and bunch of other obscure european sites), it even doesn't show up on samsung's sites when searched for (although somehow bunch of other Qi tech pops up).

Anyway, according to french amazon it supports Nokia Lumia 1520, which is 85.4 mm (3.3622 in) wide. May be extra .06 inches is just what you've been looking for. I can't post links here yet but you should have no trouble looking it up, german links are on 1st page of google, french is on 3rd.

UPD: Forgot to mention that Tylt anounced it's "VÜ Wireless Charging Car Mount". It'll have a "whopping 4.2 inch (105mm) arms" that will definitely hold Note in any case. It's not available yet though, just email subscription to the news. Again, no links, google it.

UPD2: Just found official page for Samsung's charger under a EP-HN910I (EP-HN910IBEGWW) product code.
    11-14-2014 01:03 PM
    Yes, the TYLT is out now & it does seem decent. I did read however, that while it's well built the mount is sizeable. Don't know if that will make a difference for some who maybe looking at this as an option. Here's another link for the AirDock2. It's a cradless mount that includes NFC & QI Wireless Charging. It's on Diegogo.com which is a crowd funding site. It's already met it's funding goal & you can purchase one at the link below.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-air-dock-2-0

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    02-05-2015 03:03 PM
    Oh, i completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for posting here. Here's my thoughts on Samsung EP-HN910I:

I've been using it for 1.5 months now with Note 4 (plus generic Chinese receiver). First it scared me by falling down twice when i sticked it to a desk overnight. I though i would be crap in the car. But for now it holds just fine. It survived -30 C, albeit at night without the phone in it. It did survived -20 under workload and on extremely bad roads (like this one for example: youtube.com/watch?v=gh_5x--tFd8).

Charging works with some problems. Usually all is well, but sometimes it starts to loop in charging/discharging states. Getting the phone out and back into the holder usually fix this. I can't attribute this flaw to the holder specifically, i tend to think it's receiver's fault.

For now i've been using it with only 1A charger because Belkin's "bluetooth to line-in" adapter uses non-detachable power plug and it has a single 1A output. With this current Note 4 discharges while using GPS+Camera+Bluetooth (Dashcam+Podcast player). Not sure that full power will be enough though, to be discovered later i guess.

Comparing to Samsung's SGSII holder i used before it has pros and cons. ECS-V1A2 could be operated with one hand when you put the phone in it, it used wired charging and was detected by phone as a car dock. But getting the phone out of it was a pain in the backside.

PS: Personally i wouldn't trust adhesive stand. I know it's quite strong, but i would be constantly worried about it. It would need to work in temperatures ranging from +45C to -40C and in extremely shaky conditions.
    02-06-2015 05:15 AM
    Perfection for me would be a magnetic, Qi, vent-attached mount. Best out of the way viewing level, stays cool in hot weather, just grab 'n go.

Nexus 5 via AC App
    02-07-2015 02:01 PM
    Yeah, I really want those two together also. I have a magnetic Cradless Mount that I really like (although mines on the dash). But, I believe certain magnetic mounts & QI won't work together. I've read that magnets can interfere with the wireless QI (maybe it depends on the type of magnets theyre using?) Hopefully, in the not too distant future they'll figure out a way for them to "play nice together."

02-09-2015 04:43 PM
    I think your right. I've seen a few magnetic Qi dash mounts available, but wonder if they really work. I mean, wouldn't Tylt already be making one?

Nexus 5 via AC App
    02-11-2015 12:49 AM
    I think your right. I've seen a few magnetic Qi dash mounts available, but wonder if they really work. I mean, wouldn't Tylt already be making one?

Nexus 5 via AC App
    The one that I know of (AirDock2) on Diegogo.com is cradless & it does offer the wireless charge. It uses some type of nano technology for the hold, but I my QI Charging case is the SVIEW Case & unfortunately don't think that'll work. The video says you need to use a glossy back (plasticky?) type case in order for it to adhere well to the dock. They have stickers/magnets to put on your case to help w/the grip, but I don't know that it would still work with the S View since you've got to flip the cases' cover back to use on the dock. (Seems really nice otherwise though.)

02-11-2015 02:30 PM
    Apparently, the Nexus Wireless Charger has magnets. Here's a great diy to convert a traditional mount into a Qi wireless mount.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=357924

Nexus 5 via AC App
    02-15-2015 05:19 PM
    That's exactly how my old Palm Pre worked! I had those magnetic "pucks" everywhere. :-) just toss the phone on it and it was charging".

I can't belive 7 years later, it isn't standard on all phones.

Love the magnetic mount induction charging.
    rykatemom likes this.
    02-21-2015 08:59 PM
    Apparently, the Nexus Wireless Charger has magnets. Here's a great diy to convert a traditional mount into a Qi wireless mount.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=357924

Nexus 5 via AC App
    Yeah, but isn't that why some of the Nexus devices had issues with overheating when using the QI Chargers? IDK, just read it in some Amazon product reviews.

03-05-2015 08:11 AM
    I already DIY'd a Nexus Wireless Charger mount! Used the base of my old Bracketron vent mount, and attached the charger to a $3 adapter plate made to fit. Post #26 for pics: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...you-get-2.html

I just searched Nexus Wireless Charger overheating, but only found a couple older listings on the Internet. I haven't had this issue, but I'm sure charging the phone in front of the air con in summer is a good idea.
    03-06-2015 01:58 AM