Plastic Screen Protector?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Everyone, myself included, seems to have tried the tempered glass proector. This is my 1st and I love the feel of it. However, just about everyone has the halo issue. Has anyone tried the regular plastic ones? I've used them on every phone prior to this one with no issues. Would it/does it curve with the screen thereby making the halo moot?

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Everyone, myself included, seems to have tried the tempered glass proector. This is my 1st and I love the feel of it. However, just about everyone has the halo issue. Has anyone tried the regular plastic ones? I've used them on every phone prior to this one with no issues. Would it/does it curve with the screen thereby making the halo moot?

I'm sure it would look and fit better than the glass ones but i would imagine that if you use the s pen alot, it would get scratched up pretty quick.

Posted via Android Central App

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It worked well for my N3 for a year. I had a matte so prints and glare were no issue. I'm so in awe of this screen I don't wanna do the matte again. Just wondered if the plastic would halo. I may give it a try...

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
You could take a look on Amazon for the icarez I have it on and it is working just fine for me. Yes it is plastic but I don't have any bubbles or a halo

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Crystal for $6 on sale. It's a 3 pk and when aligned properly. Absolutely no halo effect, and they work great!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
One came with my Otterbox purchase from eBay. No halo but it's a real grease machine! Should have just stuck with crystalusion liquid protector.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Crystal for $6 on sale. It's a 3 pk and when aligned properly. Absolutely no halo effect, and they work great!

Yep. That's the kind I have. I hope Spigen comes out with the full Steinheil line (like they've had for the previous Notes) because I want an oleophobic protector.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it would look and fit better than the glass ones but i would imagine that if you use the s pen alot, it would get scratched up pretty quick.

Nah. I have a Spigen on my Note 2 (which I still have) and it's not scratched up at all. You just need to buy a good quality protector and they'll last just fine.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the iCarez film protector until a glass one is available and I definitely do not recommend it. The fit is good and it's easy to apply but it is a finger print magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance than the screen. I think that's probably the biggest thing about using film protectors with a Note (any model), the S Pen.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Have u changed the pen tip? It worked for my N3 and Note 2014. Idk why, but they drag on some of the plastic protectors.

zoomis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
When I picked up the OB Commuter at our VZN store, I decided to try a plastic protector until the tempered glass options improved. It's a Gadget Guard UHD screen guard (original edition). The folks were kind enough to put it on my phone, which was very nice since it requires some kind of wet installation.

Fits perfectly (ends before the curved edges of the screen). No halos. It is oh-so-slightly grabby to the touch but not enough to be considered an irritation.

jummybui

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Have u changed the pen tip? It worked for my N3 and Note 2014. Idk why, but they drag on some of the plastic protectors.

I just looked in my AT&T box and I didn't get another pen tip just some kind of small 2 piece metal bracket w/ nails that I have no idea what it's for.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you pulling my leg? those ARE the pen tips! ????????????

Now I'm laughing, I'll have to look again...........Oh, I guess you're right and the metal clamp device is the tool to change them? Glad I posted about it or otherwise I'd never have known that's what they are.............I'm still laughing...........

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you pulling my leg? those ARE the pen tips! 😂😂

Now I'm laughing, I'll have to look again...........Oh, I guess you're right and the metal clamp device is the tool to change them? Glad I posted about it or otherwise I'd never have known that's what they are.............I'm still laughing...........