Everyone, myself included, seems to have tried the tempered glass proector. This is my 1st and I love the feel of it. However, just about everyone has the halo issue. Has anyone tried the regular plastic ones? I've used them on every phone prior to this one with no issues. Would it/does it curve with the screen thereby making the halo moot?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 02:22 PM
    Everyone, myself included, seems to have tried the tempered glass proector. This is my 1st and I love the feel of it. However, just about everyone has the halo issue. Has anyone tried the regular plastic ones? I've used them on every phone prior to this one with no issues. Would it/does it curve with the screen thereby making the halo moot?

I'm sure it would look and fit better than the glass ones but i would imagine that if you use the s pen alot, it would get scratched up pretty quick.

Posted via Android Central App
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-13-2014 03:52 PM
    It worked well for my N3 for a year. I had a matte so prints and glare were no issue. I'm so in awe of this screen I don't wanna do the matte again. Just wondered if the plastic would halo. I may give it a try...

11-13-2014 07:05 PM
    You could take a look on Amazon for the icarez I have it on and it is working just fine for me. Yes it is plastic but I don't have any bubbles or a halo
    11-13-2014 07:33 PM
    I picked up the Spigen Crystal for $6 on sale. It's a 3 pk and when aligned properly. Absolutely no halo effect, and they work great!
    11-13-2014 07:53 PM
    One came with my Otterbox purchase from eBay. No halo but it's a real grease machine! Should have just stuck with crystalusion liquid protector.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    11-13-2014 11:56 PM
    I picked up the Spigen Crystal for $6 on sale. It's a 3 pk and when aligned properly. Absolutely no halo effect, and they work great!
    Yep. That's the kind I have. I hope Spigen comes out with the full Steinheil line (like they've had for the previous Notes) because I want an oleophobic protector.
    11-14-2014 03:10 AM
    I'm sure it would look and fit better than the glass ones but i would imagine that if you use the s pen alot, it would get scratched up pretty quick.

Nah. I have a Spigen on my Note 2 (which I still have) and it's not scratched up at all. You just need to buy a good quality protector and they'll last just fine.
    11-14-2014 03:12 AM
    I'm using the iCarez film protector until a glass one is available and I definitely do not recommend it. The fit is good and it's easy to apply but it is a finger print magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance than the screen. I think that's probably the biggest thing about using film protectors with a Note (any model), the S Pen.
    11-14-2014 12:18 PM
    Have u changed the pen tip? It worked for my N3 and Note 2014. Idk why, but they drag on some of the plastic protectors.

11-14-2014 12:36 PM
    When I picked up the OB Commuter at our VZN store, I decided to try a plastic protector until the tempered glass options improved. It's a Gadget Guard UHD screen guard (original edition). The folks were kind enough to put it on my phone, which was very nice since it requires some kind of wet installation.

Fits perfectly (ends before the curved edges of the screen). No halos. It is oh-so-slightly grabby to the touch but not enough to be considered an irritation.
    11-14-2014 02:47 PM
    I am currently using Super Shieldz screen protector on mine. You cant tell that there is a screen protector on it. Also I Have the Fosmon Clear Screen protector. I have used the FOSMON in the past on my NOTE2 and it works good too. No halo effect either.

Links to both

For Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Ultra Clear Anti Scratch Screen Protector Shield Saver | eBay

6X Supershieldz HD Clear Screen Protector Shield Saver for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay
    11-14-2014 05:31 PM
    Have u changed the pen tip? It worked for my N3 and Note 2014. Idk why, but they drag on some of the plastic protectors.

I just looked in my AT&T box and I didn't get another pen tip just some kind of small 2 piece metal bracket w/ nails that I have no idea what it's for.
    11-14-2014 07:33 PM
    I just looked in my AT&T box and I didn't get another pen tip just some kind of small 2 piece metal bracket w/ nails that I have no idea what it's for.
    Are you pulling my leg? those ARE the pen tips! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

11-14-2014 07:36 PM
    Are you pulling my leg? those ARE the pen tips!

Now I'm laughing, I'll have to look again...........Oh, I guess you're right and the metal clamp device is the tool to change them? Glad I posted about it or otherwise I'd never have known that's what they are.............I'm still laughing...........
    11-14-2014 07:42 PM
    Are you pulling my leg? those ARE the pen tips! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Now I'm laughing, I'll have to look again...........Oh, I guess you're right and the metal clamp device is the tool to change them? Glad I posted about it or otherwise I'd never have known that's what they are.............I'm still laughing...........
    11-14-2014 07:42 PM
    Does the other tip help the pen glide better?

SGN4 :-D
    11-14-2014 11:33 PM
    Put the gray tip on. Slides better with the icarez.

11-15-2014 12:19 AM
    Rocking stock glass, no regrets.
    11-15-2014 12:20 AM