12-30-2014 03:28 PM
46 12
tools
    Where do you purchase SD cards and batteries for the note 4!? Also what's a good make and model for SD cards!? Any links!? Cheers!
    12-03-2014 08:18 AM
    My own purchases:

B&H Photo has a good price on the spare battery and charger (available on the 5th):

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Extra Battery Kit (3220mAh) EB-KN910BWUSTA

I like the SanDisk Ultra 64GB card at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter--SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A-Version/dp/B00M55C1I2/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1417613217&sr=1-2&keywords=micro+sd+card
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-03-2014 08:28 AM
    Where do you purchase SD cards and batteries for the note 4!? Also what's a good make and model for SD cards!? Any links!? Cheers!
    I couldn't get a URL to the AC store So I took a screenshot. But in the Android Central store it's Not a bad deal. What I plan on doing. I don't know if they have any deals on cards or Not. Wouldn't hurt to shop around.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    Attached Thumbnails SD cards and Spare Batteries-screenshot_2014-12-03-08-41-36.jpg  
    12-03-2014 08:47 AM
    The sandisk sd cards are crap ....went through 3 of them and changed to the Samsung pro micro sd cards and love them . It's 64gb and has better read and write speeds for less for what I could get the same with sandisk.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-...cUvbUpU4100932

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-03-2014 09:34 AM
    Closingracer, my experience with SanDisk SD cards been just the opposite!

I have two ultra 64 gb class 10 and now a 128GB ultra class 10 and the all work perfectly.
    The 128gb is in my Note 4 it is perfect. I make sure I format the SD card in the device I am using it in. Along with not shutting the device off during a write to the card. Also it has been my experience with SanDisk they will quickly stand behind their products with a quick replacement.

Again, that has been my experience.

I always have at least 1 spare battery with me at all times. You will never here me complain about pour battery time because the Note 4 has a REMOVEABLE BATTERY, that it seems few users take advantage of, judging from the many poor battery threads.
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:37 AM

I have two ultra 64 gb class 10 and now a 128GB ultra class 10 and the all work perfectly.
    The 128gb is in my Note 4 it is perfect. I make sure I format the SD card in the device I am using it in. Along with not shutting the device off during a write to the card. Also it has been my experience with SanDisk they will quickly stand behind their products with a quick replacement.

Again, that has been my experience.

I always have at least 1 spare battery with me at all times. You will never here me complain about pour battery time because the Note 4 has a REMOVEABLE BATTERY, that it seems few users take advantage of, judging from the many poor battery threads.
    They stand by it but I rather not keep mailing them in lol .

CehowardNote7 likes this.
    12-03-2014 10:57 AM
    I bought my spare from Samsung. I am using their spare battery / charging kit. Works flawlessly .
    monsieurms and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    12-03-2014 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll hold off on the spare battery for now because It last me a day and half easily anyways, but will be good in the future to have. I'm definitely thinking of an SD card asap though. Tough choice between SanDisk and Samsung. The Sandisk has a better 64GB price than the samsung... Decisions decisions!
    12-03-2014 12:34 PM
    Yup, same here. I've always used SanDisk for all my phones. Have a 64gb class 10 too. Never had a problem.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    12-03-2014 12:50 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I'll hold off on the spare battery for now because It last me a day and half easily anyways, but will be good in the future to have. I'm definitely thinking of an SD card asap though. Tough choice between SanDisk and Samsung. The Sandisk has a better 64GB price than the samsung... Decisions decisions!
    Shop around. I'd check with eBay and Amazon. You may be able to get a better deal on eBay, if you compare sellers' prices.
    12-03-2014 12:55 PM
    Not really just look at the read and write speeds for the sandisk ultras and the Samsung pro. 48 read and I think around 30mb write speed vs samsungs 90 read and 50 write speed .

Yes the sandisk is cheaper but you get a product that isn't equal to the Samsung one. The closest I seen sandisk is 60 read speeds for $45-49 I think on Amazon

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    12-03-2014 12:56 PM
    Shop around. I'd check with eBay and Amazon. You may be able to get a better deal on eBay, if you compare sellers' prices.
    Eww micro sd cards from China ...l

12-03-2014 12:56 PM

Cheapest 128gb card I've seen as of current pricing goes ...might buy one

12-03-2014 12:58 PM
    Eww micro sd cards from China ...l

There are sellers listed in this country. You just have to check the sellers' location, if you don't want to buy from overseas sellers. And don't disregard them simply out of hand. I've bought products from Korean and Chinese sellers, and have been very happy with them. (BTW, where do you think these cards are made, anyway?}
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
    12-03-2014 01:06 PM
    To be honest, I would go with Samsung. I've never really had any or heard any problems with Samsung SD CARDS.
    SanDisk on the other hand, heard and read people having problems with it.

Also, what are your main usages for your SD Card? If it really just stays in your phone for storage, the EVO series is really good enough.
    The don't really think there's that great of a difference compared to the PRO
    12-03-2014 01:09 PM
    And if you go to Amazon MAKE SURE you read reviews first. There are many great deals to be had on Amazon...only problem is many (all) of the exceptional deals are fake! You can find good deals...but be wary.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-03-2014 01:33 PM
    There are sellers listed in this country. You just have to check the sellers' location, if you don't want to buy from overseas sellers. And don't disregard them simply out of hand. I've bought products from Korean and Chinese sellers, and have been very happy with them. (BTW, where do you think these cards are made, anyway?}
    Lol eBay is known to sell cheap crap from China .....I wouldn't trust eBay ever ....

12-03-2014 03:37 PM
    For memory cards I wouldn't trust eBay, due to counterfeit cards. Sometimes even reputable eBay dealers don't even know they got counterfeit cards. The only places I always buy memory is from B&H or Adorama, plus there return policy us great and they'll match prices, or even return money if there's a price decrease.
    12-03-2014 03:59 PM
    I'm trying to decide between the 64GB Samsung EVO or PRO. Will I really notice a difference with the EVO and PRO? I'll just be using it for on phone storage. Pictures, videos, etc. Can you also store your music on it!?
    12-04-2014 07:12 AM
    My phone is a daily use item like my car. So I tend to treat items under warranty a little differently if they are a daily use item. If the manufacturer says do this or do that and has a specific recommendation for a particular accessory if the cost is not ridiculous I tend to use that recommended accessory. Not because I think the manufacturer has a special item or special deal or anything like that. Simply because if I have a warranty problem it is one less thing the manufacturer can point to and say well it's because you're using XYZ item or you're not using this item that we recommended.

If I'm in that situation I can simply say hey I'm following all of the manufacturer's recommended guidelines and my device is still defective please replace it.
    12-04-2014 07:37 AM
    Lol eBay is known to sell cheap crap from China .....I wouldn't trust eBay ever ....

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm not too far off. I'd be real concerned about batteries and SD cards in particular. The last "cheap, amazing deal" battery I bought off of eBay I finally tested, and it wasn't close to the advertised capacity. Of course, my first clue, doh!, should've been that the battery looked exactly like lesser capacity batteries, same size, same weight. Batteries in particular---go boom. Inept battery makers are literally dangerous. There was just an article on fires--they also specified off-brand battery CHARGERS. Be careful with that stuff.

SD card frauds--counterfeits, misstated capacities--are well known, but at least the exposure is not so great if it happens. But still...what happens if you're on a 3 week vacation and the card with all your MP3s and photos fails because it's cheap junk or really a Class 3 instead of the advertised speed and can't handle HD videos, or whatever? Will certainly put a crimp on things.

At the very least, test it immediately on receipt and make sure to measure capacity so that it matches (apart from the normal slippage from math); and then format it in the phone. Test it some more.

Personally, at this point, I buy name brands, Kingston, SanDisk, Panasonic. Even some of the famous "inexpensive" brands like Transcend, PNY, A-Drive, have generally done well for me over the years. Is it possible the "deal" will work out? Sure. Not everyone is a crook. But the rash of complaints about these no-name, unbelievably cheap cards on eBay certainly indicates continuing problems. I'm not ever going to try to save $14 and order something billed as "generic, no-name card" again. Just not.
    12-04-2014 07:52 AM
    I'm trying to decide between the 64GB Samsung EVO or PRO. Will I really notice a difference with the EVO and PRO? I'll just be using it for on phone storage. Pictures, videos, etc. Can you also store your music on it!?

Honestly if you just want to save a few bucks the EVO is fine . For photos and music it's fine and for video it's ok

12-04-2014 09:49 AM
    I have been reading a lot of talk on write and read speeds of some brands of sd cards vs other brands.

With that said, could somebody post the spec of the fastest time the NOTE 4 can read and write?

What I am saying is, if you have a card that can do a super duper fast read and write, but your device can only read and write at a lower speed, what is the point?

Just saying ..
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
    12-04-2014 11:27 AM
    I was able to grab a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus on a BF deal via best buy....
    12-04-2014 03:38 PM
    I wouldn't go that far, but I'm not too far off. I'd be real concerned about batteries and SD cards in particular. The last "cheap, amazing deal" battery I bought off of eBay I finally tested, and it wasn't close to the advertised capacity. Of course, my first clue, doh!, should've been that the battery looked exactly like lesser capacity batteries, same size, same weight. Batteries in particular---go boom. Inept battery makers are literally dangerous. There was just an article on fires--they also specified off-brand battery CHARGERS. Be careful with that stuff.

SD card frauds--counterfeits, misstated capacities--are well known, but at least the exposure is not so great if it happens. But still...what happens if you're on a 3 week vacation and the card with all your MP3s and photos fails because it's cheap junk or really a Class 3 instead of the advertised speed and can't handle HD videos, or whatever? Will certainly put a crimp on things.

At the very least, test it immediately on receipt and make sure to measure capacity so that it matches (apart from the normal slippage from math); and then format it in the phone. Test it some more.

Personally, at this point, I buy name brands, Kingston, SanDisk, Panasonic. Even some of the famous "inexpensive" brands like Transcend, PNY, A-Drive, have generally done well for me over the years. Is it possible the "deal" will work out? Sure. Not everyone is a crook. But the rash of complaints about these no-name, unbelievably cheap cards on eBay certainly indicates continuing problems. I'm not ever going to try to save $14 and order something billed as "generic, no-name card" again. Just not.
    My opinion is I rather pay the premium then save a few bucks on certain items and memory and batteries are one of those items

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-04-2014 03:55 PM
46 12