Quick Charge 2.0 car charger?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Also got the Powermod but it doesn't appear to be charging any faster than my standard 2A charger at any battery level. Hmm.

If you are on Lollipop that may be the problem. I have an Incipio 2.0 Quick Charge certified 12v adapter and had fast charge in the car on Kit Kat but I lost it on Lollipop. On another thread a forum member posted they still have fast charge in the car using the Verizon Quick Charge 2.0 certified car 12v adapter on Lollipop.

I haven't had the time to do a factory reset to see if that will bring my car fast charge back. For this reason alone I would much rather still have Kit Kat.

I think Lollipop has the words "fast charging" in the upper notification bar on the homescreen when you first plug the phone in if fast charge is working.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you are on Lollipop that may be the problem. I have an Incipio 2.0 Quick Charge certified 12v adapter and had fast charge in the car on Kit Kat but I lost it on Lollipop. On another thread a forum member posted they still have fast charge in the car using the Verizon Quick Charge 2.0 certified car 12v adapter on Lollipop.

I haven't had the time to do a factory reset to see if that will bring my car fast charge back. For this reason alone I would much rather still have Kit Kat.

I think Lollipop has the words "fast charging" in the upper notification bar on the homescreen when you first plug the phone in if fast charge is working.

Mouse, what case and screen protector are you using now?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Mouse, what case and screen protector are you using now?

Defender w/ Zagg hdx. Zagg sent me the new one from my botched original install, just haven't found time to install it. As long as the new hdx installs w/o a halo & doesn't lift on the corners I'm good to go. It's not as smooth as a 9h glass protector but it works well enough for me. I just don't have the time to keep ordering/installing/returning screen protectors so I'm hoping I get a good install and it works as well as the original hdx that's on my phone now.

Got the nylon belt holster that fits w/ Defender case but haven't used it yet as I've had no problems using the Defender's holster (except it looks like I've got a tablet clipped to my belt). Really like the Defender case, my first Otterbox. Dropped my phone face down on tile & no problems. Once I figured out I was trying to use the kickstand upside down it works a lot better, still would like a slant but nothing I can't live with. I especially like the positive closure dust flap on the mini-USB port. High quality well designed maximum protection case IMO.

And speaking of cases, Seidio did not issue a refund when I returned the garbage Convert Add On Kit so when I find time I have to initiate a chargeback w/ the bank that issued the credit card I used to purchase it. I can't say enough negative about Seidio, garbage merchandise, ridiculous return procedures & the worst customer service I think I've ever experienced.