Quick Charge 2.0 car charger?

charleskoz

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a car charger for the Note 4 that supports Quick Charge 2.0 / Adaptive Fast Charging?

Priorities: Good quality, reasonable price, if possible availability on Amazon.

Thanks. :)

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
How would you know this?

Couple of days ago, I got back into my car and plugged my phone into the puregear xtreme and puregear white usb cable. The phone showed connected then disconnected over and over. I reinsert 3 times and could not get the phone to show it was charging.. seemed like a bad connection but it was plugged in all the way.. when I got home I tried on my standard samsung fast charger and while it worked, fast charge did not, even though my phone was at 28%. Fast charging has not worked since that incident and puregear will now connect but only standard charging. Puregear was very helpful and gave me a FedEx label to ship the product back. But, I'm still stuck with a phone minus one the key features I depend on.

Posted via the Android Central App

charleskoz

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have the Powermod one? I know a lot of folks like the Verizon one but it's not on Amazon and I'm a Prime junkie. :) It's also overpriced.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have the Powermod one? I know a lot of folks like the Verizon one but it's not on Amazon and I'm a Prime junkie. :) It's also overpriced.

You only get what you pay for. :p
Saw someone on here saying that the Puregear car charger messed up the fast charge circuitry on his phone.

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I received the Powermod and it instantly died. I connected it and the light turned on for a second before it died. I got the Verizon Turbo charger and it works perfect. Shows as Adaptive Charging as well

charleskoz

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's why I am biased towards Amazon. When that happens I click a few buttons and UPS comes pick up the old device and I order a new one. :)

I'll report back on how it works. If it doesn't, I'll find the Verizon one somewhere local if I can.

Thanks.