Which SD card?

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Looking into getting a 128gb SD card for my phone. Which brand would you guys recommend? Reason I ask is that some people say they have problems with certain brands and no problems with others. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i would strongly recommend Samsung Micro Sd pro but i don't see a 128 from them i picked up their 64mb and have no regrets they are more pricier than other brands but for what it offers it's well worth it. Luckily it was on sale on Amazon for black Friday :) what sold me was that it was water proof, temperature proof, x ray proof and magnetic proof. I had Adata before and it finally died on me luckily i backed up my stuff otherwise i would have lost all my photos. Also the darn thing is fast reads at 90mb and writes at 80mb.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've become partial to the Samsung cards since I had issues with a SanDisk in my last Galaxy phone.

I've got plenty of room left on my 64GB at the moment, so I'm content to wait a while and let prices drop on the 128s before I try to pick one up.

When I do, unless the Samsungs have developed a bad rep, I'll probably stick to them. Price wise, there is no reason not to. Performance wise, they stack up with the major players very well.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
i would strongly recommend Samsung Micro Sd pro but i don't see a 128 from them i picked up their 64mb and have no regrets they are more pricier than other brands but for what it offers it's well worth it. Luckily it was on sale on Amazon for black Friday :) what sold me was that it was water proof, temperature proof, x ray proof and magnetic proof. I had Adata before and it finally died on me luckily i backed up my stuff otherwise i would have lost all my photos. Also the darn thing is fast reads at 90mb and writes at 80mb.

Samsung 128GB card:

Amazon.com: Samsung 128GB EVO Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s with Adapter (MB-MP128DA/AM): Cell Phones & Accessories

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've become partial to the Samsung cards since I had issues with a SanDisk in my last Galaxy phone.

I've got plenty of room left on my 64GB at the moment, so I'm content to wait a while and let prices drop on the 128s before I try to pick one up.

When I do, unless the Samsungs have developed a bad rep, I'll probably stick to them. Price wise, there is no reason not to. Performance wise, they stack up with the major players very well.
To the OP, I know you are interested in the 128gb, so don't mean to veer from that, but I too think the 128 are still a bit pricey and I am ordering this one on Amazon, Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s with Adapter (MB-MP64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

I was using a 32gb for many years and never ran out of room, and I store a lot of pictures.....so I agree with LaTuFu, that a 64gb will be more than enough for me as well.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
ya i was looking at that however the read and write for 128 gb for Samsung was too slow for me so I decided to choose the 64 gb instead i think read and write speed made more sense for me in then end. Of course if they made a 128 gb with that speed i'll buy that in a heart beat :)

lastbard

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys, what do you think of this ebay listing?
Item number: 251746448358
It's supposed to be a Samsung Evo 128gb Micro SD card, class 10, at $26.33 AND free international shipping. :)

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm already out of Space on my phone being 32 stock so I'd rather just 128 and be done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad