04-26-2015 08:20 PM
37 12
tools
    grgth
    03-02-2015 05:43 PM
    My Gear Vr turned up a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to let everyone know.
    I bought the bundle edition and I have to say that I love everything about it.
    Build quality is excellent for both the headset and the game pad.
    Okay, yes I have already exhausted all of the apps and demo's, however I cannot stop picking it up and just immersing myself and still just being blown away by the experience.
    I highly recommend the Samsung game pad as the layout is so easy and very responsive and you have to bear in mind that you will be using it purely by touch as you will not be able to see it when using the VR Headset unless you use the see through mode.
    I have been communicating with Oculus support (who I can only describe as excellent) and I was left with no doubt that there is plenty more applications and games on the horizon.
    With the arrival of the S6 and the revised version of the head set, this is not something that is just a quick gimmick by Samsung. They are clearly putting a lot of money into this and they know that there is a serious market for paid application's, so it is just patience on our part while we sit back and watch this unfold.
    I highly recommend both the Gear Vr and the game pad and if you are getting the S6 then I would say take a leap of faith and get yourself into the VR world.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2015 04:50 PM
    My Gear Vr turned up a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to let everyone know.
    I bought the bundle edition and I have to say that I love everything about it.
    Build quality is excellent for both the headset and the game pad.
    Okay, yes I have already exhausted all of the apps and demo's, however I cannot stop picking it up and just immersing myself and still just being blown away by the experience.
    I highly recommend the Samsung game pad as the layout is so easy and very responsive and you have to bear in mind that you will be using it purely by touch as you will not be able to see it when using the VR Headset unless you use the see through mode.
    I have been communicating with Oculus support (who I can only describe as excellent) and I was left with no doubt that there is plenty more applications and games on the horizon.
    With the arrival of the S6 and the revised version of the head set, this is not something that is just a quick gimmick by Samsung. They are clearly putting a lot of money into this and they know that there is a serious market for paid application's, so it is just patience on our part while we sit back and watch this unfold.
    I highly recommend both the Gear Vr and the game pad and if you are getting the S6 then I would say take a leap of faith and get yourself into the VR world.

How much is the bundle edition? I have I Am Cardboard right now and I am thinking of getting the VR from Samsung.
    03-22-2015 04:01 AM
    Hi, do you live in the UK?

03-22-2015 06:44 PM
    How much is the bundle edition? I have I Am Cardboard right now and I am thinking of getting the VR from Samsung.
    Hi do you live in the UK?

03-22-2015 06:46 PM
    Hi do you live in the UK?

I'm in the U.S.
    03-23-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm in the U.S.
    Simply go to the Samsung e-store and search for the innovator bundle pack.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=-llRg-rg
    Under shop products drop down menu box navigate to wearable tech and then across to Gear VR and you will see it is 199.99 us dollars. At the moment they are doing a promotion where you can get the Samsung Gear Circle Bluetooth headset if you use the code in the information, however that offer expires on the 03/31/15.
    It says in the description that it works with an Android gaming controller (sold separately) but I cannot find the Samsung game pad on the online store.
    Best thing to do is go to help and call the sales team and ask them for more information.
    I hope this has been of some help and I am sorry that I am unable to give you all of the information you need.

mak916 likes this.
    03-23-2015 12:06 PM
    For those who have bought the VR - how is the image quality? I keep reading comments about graininess, etc.
    03-23-2015 01:43 PM
    For those who have bought the VR - how is the image quality? I keep reading comments about graininess, etc.
    Hi,
    I have to say that yes there is some graininess, however you soon become less aware of this the longer you use it.
    You have to understand that the lenses in the head set magnifies the image from your notes 4 screen to give you the feeling of being in a much larger environment. Although the pixel density of the screen is very good you shouldn't expect a high definition experience, even when the new vr headset arrives for the S6 you can expect the same even though the pixel density is greater than the note 4.
    I have been using my vr headset with the note 4 for over a month now and it is still extremely entertaining and I no longer really notice the graininess.
    Everyone who tries the head set is completely blown away by the experience and I cannot say that anyone has complained about the quality.

03-24-2015 09:40 AM
    I don't like this pairs. In order to make Gear VR work, I have to get a Galaxt Note 4, too expensive to me.
    03-26-2015 04:13 AM
    Hi,
    I have been using my vr headset with the note 4 for over a month now and it is still extremely entertaining and I no longer really notice the graininess.
    Everyone who tries the head set is completely blown away by the experience and I cannot say that anyone has complained about the quality.
    Sounds awesome, is it true that the Gear VR for the S6 will even improve the image quality further with even less noticeable pixels patterns?
    04-25-2015 11:55 PM
    Sounds awesome, is it true that the Gear VR for the S6 will even improve the image quality further with even less noticeable pixels patterns?
    Hi, it's totally awesome and I am really enjoying it.
    In answer to your questions there may be a slight increase in the quality but not that noticeable. It really does come down to the maths involved, by this I mean that the Note 4 has a larger screen and a slightly lower pixel density but the S6/S6 Edge have a smaller screen and a higher pixel density.
    So if you actually do the maths you will find that it is going to be pretty much the same.
    The real changes for the VR Headset for the S6/S6 Edge is that you have some benefits such as the ability to charge the handset whilst using it and it lighter in weight and a little bit smaller. It also has a fan too stop the lenses fogging up (however I have not had this problem with mine). Also the track pad has a little raised bump so that you can locate it easier, however again I have not had a problem with finding the track pad.
    Also adjustment for the lenses via the wheel on the top has been given a little tweak (not that will make any difference to image quality) however it is still useful for people who wear glasses.
    So that it probably the most information I can give you at the moment.
    I would like to point out that I have the Note 4 and I purchased an additional 128gb micro sd card to move downloaded content onto as I rapidly started to run out of space. That then presents another issue with regards to what size S6 base size you go for.
    I am looking to get the S6 Edge but only in 128gb size as I have music also on my sd card. But some stuff you download from the Oculus/Samsung store you cannot move to the storage card. This I see as maybe a problem in my opinion.
    I recently updated my Note 4 to Lollipop 5.01 and I will say that it is performing very well. The good thing about both the S6/S6 Edge is that they are using Samsungs own 64 bit processor and that Lollipop is a 64 bit platform.
    I hope that I have helped to answer your questions, however if you need anymore information please just reply.

04-26-2015 08:20 PM
37 12