Looking for a case recommendation

Xialoh

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I keep looking around, but I can't find any clear winner anywhere. Seems everything has a horrible problem. Does anything exist like this:

- protects camera
- doesn't block any of the sensors/speakers/mic
- doesn't cause overheating
- isn't bulky, doesn't necessarily have to be thin though
- isn't hideous, looks decent
- doesn't make the phone stupidly heavy
- doesn't make buttons difficult to press
- doesn't scratch the phone from using the case like I keep reading about these Spigen cases

I'm using a Black Note 4 from T-mobile. I don't think that list is asking too much, but maybe it is. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction here? I was looking at the Neo Hybrid, but read that it scratches the phone. Was also looking at the UAG, but apparently it blocks one of the sensors. Otterbox is way too much.

I usually go with no case (did with my note 2, it's in decent shape), but I'm nervous with this phone. I dropped my Note 2 once at the end of my school semester (a very short drop) and now I'm paranoid. I'm reasonably confident that I won't do anything too bad though, so I just want basic protection. As it stands, I always sit my phone on a cloth to avoid any potential scratching >_>.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Xialoh

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations all. I've been looking at all of them, and they're all tempting. Just about narrowed down to Tech21/UAG/Speck now though since they offer really good protection without being huge. Just looking for which one has more minor cons than the other at this point.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't take it anymore! It's Christmas Eve and my brand new Note 4 does NOT have a Tech 21 case. I have to go out and find one. Now. I think T-Mobile carries them.

from the G Pad 7

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
verus iron shield. the only thing is they don't have verizon compatible yet but since you have t-mobile, it shouldn't be a problem

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Excuse me sir, my case is not horrible looking.

Neither is my hour-old Tech 21. In fact, objectively speaking, it's irrevocably...awesome looking. To be candid, it's kinda hard to believe how totally sliQ the phone now looks with the devestatingly-beautiful level of protection this case and the Body Guardz tempered glass offers. Thank you very much.

from the IV

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I keep looking around, but I can't find any clear winner anywhere. Seems everything has a horrible problem. Does anything exist like this:

- protects camera
- doesn't block any of the sensors/speakers/mic
- doesn't cause overheating
- isn't bulky, doesn't necessarily have to be thin though
- isn't hideous, looks decent
- doesn't make the phone stupidly heavy
- doesn't make buttons difficult to press
- doesn't scratch the phone from using the case like I keep reading about these Spigen cases

I'm using a Black Note 4 from T-mobile. I don't think that list is asking too much, but maybe it is. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction here? I was looking at the Neo Hybrid, but read that it scratches the phone. Was also looking at the UAG, but apparently it blocks one of the sensors. Otterbox is way too much.

I usually go with no case (did with my note 2, it's in decent shape), but I'm nervous with this phone. I dropped my Note 2 once at the end of my school semester (a very short drop) and now I'm paranoid. I'm reasonably confident that I won't do anything too bad though, so I just want basic protection. As it stands, I always sit my phone on a cloth to avoid any potential scratching >_>.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Are you looking for more drop protection or scratch protection?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Xialoh

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I never drop my phone really, so more scratch protection. That said, I decided to go for both. While I was out doing last second shopping today, I bought the Tech21 Tactical Black case (I know people here were probably talking about the Mesh case, not the one I just got). It's a bit bigger than planned, but I like it for the most part. However, I am VERY tempted to switch to the Ice colored UAG case. The only problem I'm having with this Tech21 is that it doesn't look quite as good as that UAG case.

On the other hand, if I can find any direct comparisons showing that the Tech21 is objectively better, I'll probably stick with it. It certainly feels tough, and it isn't massive really.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The UAG is a great case, but it is bulky and also not very comfortable in the hand.

The Diztronic TPU is a great case, but is very bland and doesn't offer the protection of the UAG

I just received a blue Samsung protective case and it's a great case that fits right in between my other two cases. The protection isn't as good as the UAG, but it's a heck of a lot more stylish that the Diztronic. The Samsung is a perfect fit, offers good protection, and looks very nice with its blue mesh back. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a combination of good looks, good protection, and minimal added bulk.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verus Thor and I like it a lot. One feature I love is that it has somewhat of an hourglass shape. Sometimes when I'm taking pictures and I want extra stability, I'll set the phone down on it's side. With normal cases, laying the phone on it's side results in the volume buttons being pushed by the table surface...which either takes pictures or zooms. With the Thor case, the buttons never touch the table, so they never get pushed accidentally.