07-08-2015 05:48 AM
35 12
tools
    I keep looking around, but I can't find any clear winner anywhere. Seems everything has a horrible problem. Does anything exist like this:

- protects camera
    - doesn't block any of the sensors/speakers/mic
    - doesn't cause overheating
    - isn't bulky, doesn't necessarily have to be thin though
    - isn't hideous, looks decent
    - doesn't make the phone stupidly heavy
    - doesn't make buttons difficult to press
    - doesn't scratch the phone from using the case like I keep reading about these Spigen cases

I'm using a Black Note 4 from T-mobile. I don't think that list is asking too much, but maybe it is. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction here? I was looking at the Neo Hybrid, but read that it scratches the phone. Was also looking at the UAG, but apparently it blocks one of the sensors. Otterbox is way too much.

I usually go with no case (did with my note 2, it's in decent shape), but I'm nervous with this phone. I dropped my Note 2 once at the end of my school semester (a very short drop) and now I'm paranoid. I'm reasonably confident that I won't do anything too bad though, so I just want basic protection. As it stands, I always sit my phone on a cloth to avoid any potential scratching >_>.

Thanks for any recommendations.
    12-24-2014 05:48 AM
    I have the Tech 21 mesh case. I love it. It has been perfect for me. Check it out.
    Xialoh likes this.
    12-24-2014 06:54 AM
    I'm using the Incipio Dual Pro and it meets all of those points for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Tatt2014, Xialoh and kpdx like this.
    12-24-2014 08:22 AM
    Speck candy shell grip!!!
    12-24-2014 08:39 AM
    UAG.
    Xialoh likes this.
    12-24-2014 10:57 AM
    Quite happy so far with my Otterbox Commuter case, except for its exorbitant price.
    Xialoh likes this.
    12-24-2014 12:12 PM
    Tech 21 cases are gorgeous. Can't wait to get one for my Note 4.

from the IV
    Brian Kenny and Xialoh like this.
    12-24-2014 01:33 PM
    Samsung OEM Protective Cover
    It hits all your requirements.
    drewood31601, Xialoh and huntnyc like this.
    12-24-2014 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the recommendations all. I've been looking at all of them, and they're all tempting. Just about narrowed down to Tech21/UAG/Speck now though since they offer really good protection without being huge. Just looking for which one has more minor cons than the other at this point.
    12-24-2014 02:18 PM
    Samsung OEM Protective Cover
    It hits all your requirements.
    Agreed
    12-24-2014 04:21 PM
    I can't take it anymore! It's Christmas Eve and my brand new Note 4 does NOT have a Tech 21 case. I have to go out and find one. Now. I think T-Mobile carries them.

from the G Pad 7
    12-24-2014 04:52 PM
    I can't take it anymore! It's Christmas Eve and my brand new Note 4 does NOT have a Tech 21 case. I have to go out and find one. Now. I think T-Mobile carries them.

from the G Pad 7
    They do and so does Verizon.
    12-24-2014 05:13 PM
    verus iron shield. the only thing is they don't have verizon compatible yet but since you have t-mobile, it shouldn't be a problem
    Brian Kenny and vr002sh like this.
    12-24-2014 06:24 PM
    Tech 21 cases look horrible!!!!

sforsyth01 likes this.
    12-24-2014 06:49 PM
    Tech 21 cases look horrible!!!!

Excuse me sir, my case is not horrible looking.
    12-24-2014 07:35 PM
    Excuse me sir, my case is not horrible looking.
    Neither is my hour-old Tech 21. In fact, objectively speaking, it's irrevocably...awesome looking. To be candid, it's kinda hard to believe how totally sliQ the phone now looks with the devestatingly-beautiful level of protection this case and the Body Guardz tempered glass offers. Thank you very much.

from the IV
    12-24-2014 07:44 PM
    I keep looking around, but I can't find any clear winner anywhere. Seems everything has a horrible problem. Does anything exist like this:

- protects camera
    - doesn't block any of the sensors/speakers/mic
    - doesn't cause overheating
    - isn't bulky, doesn't necessarily have to be thin though
    - isn't hideous, looks decent
    - doesn't make the phone stupidly heavy
    - doesn't make buttons difficult to press
    - doesn't scratch the phone from using the case like I keep reading about these Spigen cases

I'm using a Black Note 4 from T-mobile. I don't think that list is asking too much, but maybe it is. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction here? I was looking at the Neo Hybrid, but read that it scratches the phone. Was also looking at the UAG, but apparently it blocks one of the sensors. Otterbox is way too much.

I usually go with no case (did with my note 2, it's in decent shape), but I'm nervous with this phone. I dropped my Note 2 once at the end of my school semester (a very short drop) and now I'm paranoid. I'm reasonably confident that I won't do anything too bad though, so I just want basic protection. As it stands, I always sit my phone on a cloth to avoid any potential scratching >_>.

Thanks for any recommendations.
    Are you looking for more drop protection or scratch protection?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    12-24-2014 08:47 PM
    Well I never drop my phone really, so more scratch protection. That said, I decided to go for both. While I was out doing last second shopping today, I bought the Tech21 Tactical Black case (I know people here were probably talking about the Mesh case, not the one I just got). It's a bit bigger than planned, but I like it for the most part. However, I am VERY tempted to switch to the Ice colored UAG case. The only problem I'm having with this Tech21 is that it doesn't look quite as good as that UAG case.

On the other hand, if I can find any direct comparisons showing that the Tech21 is objectively better, I'll probably stick with it. It certainly feels tough, and it isn't massive really.
    12-25-2014 06:42 AM
    The UAG is a great case, but it is bulky and also not very comfortable in the hand.

The Diztronic TPU is a great case, but is very bland and doesn't offer the protection of the UAG

I just received a blue Samsung protective case and it's a great case that fits right in between my other two cases. The protection isn't as good as the UAG, but it's a heck of a lot more stylish that the Diztronic. The Samsung is a perfect fit, offers good protection, and looks very nice with its blue mesh back. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a combination of good looks, good protection, and minimal added bulk.
    12-25-2014 12:10 PM
    I have a Verus Thor and I like it a lot. One feature I love is that it has somewhat of an hourglass shape. Sometimes when I'm taking pictures and I want extra stability, I'll set the phone down on it's side. With normal cases, laying the phone on it's side results in the volume buttons being pushed by the table surface...which either takes pictures or zooms. With the Thor case, the buttons never touch the table, so they never get pushed accidentally.
    12-25-2014 09:25 PM
    The UAG is a great case, but it is bulky and also not very comfortable in the hand.

The Diztronic TPU is a great case, but is very bland and doesn't offer the protection of the UAG

I just received a blue Samsung protective case and it's a great case that fits right in between my other two cases. The protection isn't as good as the UAG, but it's a heck of a lot more stylish that the Diztronic. The Samsung is a perfect fit, offers good protection, and looks very nice with its blue mesh back. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a combination of good looks, good protection, and minimal added bulk.
    I love my UAG case. It's really nice in the hands. It's way better than my spigen neo hybrid. That thing is slick and really uncomfortable.

12-26-2014 06:48 PM
    verus iron shield. the only thing is they don't have verizon compatible yet but since you have t-mobile, it shouldn't be a problem
    Verus iron shield was updated for verizon. I got one about a month ago right after they were put back on Amazon and it works great. Has a bigger slit in the inner layer to accommodate the mic placement.
    12-28-2014 10:39 AM
    Does your tech21 case scratch your phone? I got the tactical along with a speck candyshell grip, but I haven't used the tech21 case because I feel it could scratch the phone. Also are your buttons stiff and if so did they break in?
    12-29-2014 04:48 PM
    Amazon has a Caseology that gives it a nice look and feels like leather

Posted via Android Central App on Note 4
    12-29-2014 06:32 PM
    I have a Verus Thor and I like it a lot. One feature I love is that it has somewhat of an hourglass shape. Sometimes when I'm taking pictures and I want extra stability, I'll set the phone down on it's side. With normal cases, laying the phone on it's side results in the volume buttons being pushed by the table surface...which either takes pictures or zooms. With the Thor case, the buttons never touch the table, so they never get pushed accidentally.
    Great case - simply love the hourglass shape!!! However, gets really cold, back is too slippery, and pointless in cold climate... as much as I love the case, I am getting rid of it ...

01-29-2015 02:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD