Tempered Glass Vs Flexible Glass

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I just bought my Note 4 the other day, getting rid of my Droid Turbo. I got the Verizon flexible glass screen protector for my Note bc i know how it is on finger prints and smuges. I work as a paramedic/firefighter so good protection for my phone is important, so should I consider changing screen protectors to a tempered glass or another type of flexible glass?

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Flexible Glass is just nothing more then a fancy word for plastic. I'm now using the Moshi iVisor Glass after trying every tempered glass out there, all with halos. :(
The Moshi is nice except it will not work with my Otterbox commuter case.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Flexible glass scratches, but doesn't break. Tempered glass breaks but doesn't scratch. Want something that doesn't scratch or break? Diamond sheet. Everything else is a tradeoff between flexibility (doesn't break) and hardness (doesn't scratch). There's an Otterbox Defender for the Note 4. I use it on my Note 3, and that's my case from now on if I change phones. (If you want a bit of work when putting the case on and taking it off, put a thin tempered glass shield on the phone, then put it into the Otterbox. Or get a tempered glass shield that will fit the screen protector on the Otterbox and put it on the outside. (That would actually give you the best protection, if you can find one.)

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Flexible Glass is just nothing more then a fancy word for plastic. I'm now using the Moshi iVisor Glass after trying every tempered glass out there, all with halos. :(
The Moshi is nice except it will not work with my Otterbox commuter case.

How is this on finger prints?

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Flexible glass scratches, but doesn't break. Tempered glass breaks but doesn't scratch. Want something that doesn't scratch or break? Diamond sheet. Everything else is a tradeoff between flexibility (doesn't break) and hardness (doesn't scratch). There's an Otterbox Defender for the Note 4. I use it on my Note 3, and that's my case from now on if I change phones. (If you want a bit of work when putting the case on and taking it off, put a thin tempered glass shield on the phone, then put it into the Otterbox. Or get a tempered glass shield that will fit the screen protector on the Otterbox and put it on the outside. (That would actually give you the best protection, if you can find one.)

I normally just take the screen protector out of the otterbox defenders and get a screen protector for my phone. I currently use the otterbox commuter just bc it's smaller than the defender. Where do you get the diamond sheet at?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
It's very smooth and any fingerprints wipe off with ease. Here is a whole thread about this protector on XDA.
The Glass Screen Protector We All Have Been … | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

This protector covers the whole Note 4 screen. I had problems with it at first but figured out that the commuter case was causing the problems. It's been working great with the UAG case.

Can this screen protector be used with a otterbox defender or commuter? $44 seems kinda high lol

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Can this screen protector be used with a otterbox defender or commuter? $44 seems kinda high lol

No, the commuter pushes both sides in and causes the touch screen to be unresponsive. I tried it in the Defender with stock screen removed and could not get the plastic shell latched. Other cases it works great in. Here is a picture of it in my white UAG case.

View attachment 158736

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Why would a screen protector on the face of the phone effect the fingerprint scanner on the back?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay