Which Brand?
    02-16-2015 04:53 PM
    Just purchased a SanDisk 128gb Ultra from Amazon. Put it in my Note Pro, formatted then transferred files from old card thru a card reader. Works fine. I've always had good luck with SanDisk cards.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sorry Chuck if I misled you. I'm using a 128gb card in my Note Pro Tablet. I took the 64gb card from the tablet and use it in my Note4. Both cards work fine
    02-16-2015 05:15 PM
    I don't use it, but I tried a SanDisk one and it worked. In my experience SD Cards tend to fail around me and Samsung phones, so I don't trust them anymore, but we still don't know if it's me, Samsung phones, or just the universe. Either way, keep your files backed up. ProTip.
    02-16-2015 05:19 PM
    I think I will go with the Samsung 128GB EVO. Samsung in a Samsung. I had a Sandisk 64 and had to get it replaced cause things would not erase from it the one I got as a replacement is working fine though.
    02-16-2015 05:20 PM
    I have the Samsung 128GB EVO and it works great.

Attachment 163594Attachment 163595
    02-16-2015 05:41 PM
    I wanted to get the 128GB Samsung card. Looked at BestBuy and they want $199. I think I'm going through Amazon.
    02-16-2015 06:34 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4236333

just ordered that one at 100 bucks.

My 64 gig has about 3 gig free.
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    02-16-2015 07:41 PM
    Been using my 128GB Samsung EVO for two months now without a problem.
    02-16-2015 11:06 PM
    So, I wonder. Will there be a tangible benefit with choosing a 90MB/s card vs. a 48MB/s card?

from the new-old S3⏳
    02-17-2015 12:54 AM
    I wanted to get the 128GB Samsung card. Looked at BestBuy and they want $199. I think I'm going through Amazon.
    Just make sure it says "Ships & Sold by Amazon" so you won't get a fake.
    02-17-2015 08:59 AM
    So, I wonder. Will there be a tangible benefit with choosing a 90MB/s card vs. a 48MB/s card?

from the new-old S3⏳
    Anecdotal evidence says yes but I'd be interested in real benchmarks with the Note 4 because it is not clear from what I have seen that the internal I/O structure of the device can really take advantage of the faster cards. And then does it really matter as long as functionality is unaffected? I certainly don't see any issues with the EVO card that I am using and that includes video recording and playback. The cost of going to much faster cards is not insignificant so I personally don't see the value as being there.
    Coolboy32 likes this.
    02-17-2015 10:22 AM
    I have the Samsung 128GB EVO and it works great.

Attachment 163594Attachment 163595
    Please post readwrite test results. Thanks!!!
    I have 64GB EVO. Just wondering what are read write differences between two EVO versions.
    Been using my 128GB Samsung EVO for two months now without a problem.

Sent from my mobile device
    02-17-2015 11:14 AM
    Anecdotal evidence says yes but I'd be interested in real benchmarks with the Note 4 because it is not clear from what I have seen that the internal I/O structure of the device can really take advantage of the faster cards. And then does it really matter as long as functionality is unaffected? I certainly don't see any issues with the EVO card that I am using and that includes video recording and playback. The cost of going to much faster cards is not insignificant so I personally don't see the value as being there.
    I had asked because I chose to get two 90MB/s 64GB cards for my Note 4 and Edge instead of 48MB/s 128GB cards. I didn't think I'd use up the space so I opted for the "faster" PNY Elite models.

from a dark Note 4📡
    02-17-2015 11:18 AM
    I have 64GB EVO. Just wondering what are read write differences between two EVO versions.

Sent from my mobile device
    Using A1 SD Bench (long test): 35.81MB/s read, 14.64MB/s write
    bat0nas and Coolboy32 like this.
    02-17-2015 06:15 PM
    SD Cards and Powerbanks are extremely useful to most of us. I am writing to help you make a more informed decision and make aware what is going on all over the internet specially eBay. First let us begin with SD CARDS. Fake Powerbanks / External smartphone chargers on the next blog. Do not miss this blog.

SD CARDS - There is a big reason why we decided not to sell these products although the market is very hot right now. First of all, thousands of seller online are selling them ridiculously cheap. Based on eBay pricing, we went ahead and contacted several manufacturers overseas. We received quotes that were really cheap and really expensive. To make a long story short, we have made contact with one very honest salesperson and this is what we found out. There are 2 types of SD CARDS sold everywhere. The most common one is what the manufacturer told us is the "upgrade version". The upgraded version is tweaked to show a higher capacity than it actually has. It will show 32GB but real capacity is 8GB. Not only that it is fake, it will also crash after it reaches its limited capacity and the seller gets away with it because buyers have already left a good feedback ( ebay ) before it crashed. They also have fake brands such as Samsung and the likes. Not only that these are sold on eBay, They are all over AMAZON. Buyers also will blame the quality of the product instead because they did not know it was fake.
    02-19-2015 10:22 AM
    SD CARDS - There is a big reason why we decided not to sell these products although the market is very hot right now. First of all, thousands of seller online are selling them ridiculously cheap. Based on eBay pricing, we went ahead and contacted several manufacturers overseas. We received quotes that were really cheap and really expensive. To make a long story short, we have made contact with one very honest salesperson and this is what we found out. There are 2 types of SD CARDS sold everywhere. The most common one is what the manufacturer told us is the "upgrade version". The upgraded version is tweaked to show a higher capacity than it actually has. It will show 32GB but real capacity is 8GB. Not only that it is fake, it will also crash after it reaches its limited capacity and the seller gets away with it because buyers have already left a good feedback ( ebay ) before it crashed. They also have fake brands such as Samsung and the likes. Not only that these are sold on eBay, They are all over AMAZON. Buyers also will blame the quality of the product instead because they did not know it was fake.
    02-19-2015 10:24 AM
    I would only buy an SD cards from these bigs name: Sandisk, Samsung, or PNY. ...and I would only buy them from a retailer that I could easily and quickly visit if there was a problem. Even with SanDisk I've had their lower/mid tiered lines crap out in several devices. With their "Extreme" line that costs more the card has been more than durable and fast, working consistently well in multiple devices without reformatting. I've had a very well performing mid-end PNY 32GB card that's also been very durable. Just recently, I got two of PNY's higher-end Elite series 64GB cards and they're in my Note Edge and Note Pro. ...both are performing well. That's the happy story. The unhappy story is all the cheap cards that have failed. I've never believed in trying to save a penny by buying cheap but occasionally I try to sneak by my rule of not doing that. Each time I try I end up sorry.
    So if I ever do find the need for a 128GB card it'll be a Samsung Pro, SanDisk Extreme, or PNY Elite. ...better safe than sorry.
    02-20-2015 04:42 PM
    Bestbuy has the SanDisk Ultra 128gb class 10 on sale for $79.99 today. Read speed is only 30mbps but that is good for what I would use it for.
    02-22-2015 09:19 AM
    Good idea
    03-19-2015 04:32 PM
    This is the one I've got and it's been working perfect.

Anyone using a 128GB SD card? If so, what brand?-sam12802.jpg
    riceastwood likes this.
    03-19-2015 04:56 PM
    This is the one I've got and it's been working perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam12802.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	167484
    How much and where did you purchase?

Sprint Note 4
    04-02-2015 05:17 AM
    I have had my Sandisk 128 gigabyte Ultra Micro SD card for about a year now, as I bought it to use with my previous phone. Honestly, as time goes on, it seems to be getting a bit glitchy... The access time is rather slow. You can tell when you set your camera default to saving to the SD card, and sometimes you can tell even when trying to access music or other files. But I'm really picky about lag time. I'm about to buy a Samsung. I have a samsung phone so I figure that would be the smartest thing I could do., I probably saved a few bucks, especially a year ago when prices on these things were higher. Just my experience, your mileage may vary :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 11:25 PM