I have a spare battery ordered for my Note 4. I drive for UPS and don't usually need to change my battery but have a need for it sometimes.
    A few weeks ago I broke down and sat on the side of the interstate for about 5 hours before they got me going again. I have an unlimited data plan so I though, oh well, I'll be well entertained. To my surprise, I had left my charger in my car . The Note 4 with power saving mode still made it, but I was almost out of battery when I got to my car.
    My question is, if I fully charge a batery, and just throw it in my bag, will it stay charged? I don't expect it to be 100% when I don't use it for a few weeks, but maybe 80% ?
    What's everyone's thoughts? I'm not concerned with the well being of the battery, or longivity. Just will it be good when, and if I need it?
    02-18-2015 10:50 PM
    Hmm, not sure how much it would lose if you leave it unused for a few weeks, but it won't damage the battery unless you're leaving it in extreme temperatures (maybe a really cold winter). I've had mine unused for a few days and it was still at 100%, so I can't imagine it losing more than 10% if it's less than a month.
    02-18-2015 11:01 PM
    I know I've bought new phones and they were almost charged when taken out of the box, but?
    02-18-2015 11:02 PM
    I know I've bought new phones and they were almost charged when taken out of the box, but?
    Did you send your post without completing the message?
    02-18-2015 11:04 PM
    No. Just asking for input. That's why the (?) was on the end. Not trying to be rude.
    02-18-2015 11:28 PM
    I guess it all boils down to, I don't want to have to switch batteries all the time, or fool with a separate charger. I feel like taking the phone in and out of the case all the time (UAG) is going to mess up my volume buttons. The case is very snug and kind of a pain to take off. Also, popping the back plate off all the time, I feel like it would get to where it wouldn't stay on good. If the battery would just hold enough charge to get me through the very few times I need it, all would be solved.
    02-18-2015 11:34 PM
    No. Just asking for input. That's why the (?) was on the end. Not trying to be rude.
    Then I'm a bit confused by your post, sorry. But what?
    02-18-2015 11:34 PM
    I think your point here is that when you get a new phone, it is generally almost fully charged even though it has been sitting in a box for some time. The question is, how long has it been in that box since it was fully charged, kind of answering your question about how long an unused battery will remain charged. I think the answer to that depends upon the individual battery - how old it is, how much it has been used and recharged, and what the storage conditions for it have been. The best you can do is to get one and test it yourself. A new battery, if fully charged and left in normal temperatures should keep a large percentage of its charge while sitting for two weeks but you need to test yours.
    02-19-2015 06:55 AM
    Well, I did a test for you. I have a new spare OEM battery that I charged in an external charger about 10 days ago and have since kept it stored in a drawer. I put it in the phone and it is showing 99%.
    UJ95x and Brian W1 like this.
    02-19-2015 11:40 AM
    Sound like it will be just fine then. Thanks sparksd
    02-19-2015 06:20 PM
    Sound like it will be just fine then. Thanks sparksd
    Glad to help. Do keep in mind that this will change as the battery ages and is cycled through charges. I have older lithium batteries for cameras that don't do anywhere near as well as this new battery. As a side note, check out the Anker replacement batteries on Amazon - they're cheaper but every good as the Samsung.
    UJ95x and Brian W1 like this.
    02-19-2015 07:02 PM
    For those of you with spare batteries, it's good to rotate them every once in a while. That way, you're not wearing out the same battery all the time and spreading out the charge cycles extends their life.
    02-24-2015 07:54 PM