Got in the Ballistic Tough Jacket cases today and they are not that bad at all. They feel great in the hand, the power and volume buttons have the best feel and operation of any case I've tried yet. The rubber liner is very soft, feels nice and I can guarantee it will not scratch or harm the Note 4. One major flaw is the rubber below the home button. I do not believe that you would be able to use the fingerprint scanner and just pushing the home button the rubber feels in the way.

Also this rubber will sag below the home button and at the top from just taking the phone in and out of a pocket. I don't believe that it will be long before it's all loose, hanging and saggy. I used the rubber from the Maxx with the port covers on the regular tough jacket black & white shell.
    Amazon has the Tough Jacket for $15. and the Tough Jacket Maxx for $20. so they were pretty cheap. The screen protector included with the Maxx is a cheap feeling POS that I would never even try. The belt clip seems OK but again it's something I'll never use.
    I'll see how it holds up after a couple days of use and report back. Here's a couple of pictures.

Ballistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal00.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal02.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal03.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal05.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal04.jpg
    adock22096 likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:55 PM
    I was thinking about getting this case. It looks nice up close in the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2015 05:43 PM
    Is the cover easy to remove? I like to change batteries once a day.
    03-11-2015 07:25 PM
    Thanks for posting it. I've been looking at these cases for a while. How thick is it compared to the otterbox?
    03-11-2015 08:27 PM
    Is the cover easy to remove? I like to change batteries once a day.
    Very easy to remove from the case. Just pry up the plastic shell and remove the phone from the very soft rubber liner.
    03-11-2015 09:30 PM
    Thanks for posting it. I've been looking at these cases for a while. How thick is it compared to the otterbox?
    It's a little thicker then the Defender but not as tall or as wide. Here's a couple pictures next to the Defender and one with Otterbox Symmetry & Commuter. I really like this case, it's the soft rubber near the home button that scares me.

Ballistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-baldef01.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-baldef02.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-baldef03.jpg

I thought they were going to be real bulky and they really are not. They feel great and I like them.
    Also the Maxx Rubber (with the port covers) is fatter then the regular Tough Jacket without port covers.
    adock22096 likes this.
    03-11-2015 09:42 PM
    I'm in between the ballistics case and the otterbox commuter case. Right now I have an obliq skyline case and I've grown bored already lol

03-12-2015 01:14 AM
    I'm in between the ballistics case and the otterbox commuter case. Right now I have an obliq skyline case and I've grown bored already lol

I still love the Commuter case and think it's one of the best cases for the Note 4. I like the Ballistic case but I'm almost sure I'll be back in the Commuter within a day or two. Just make sure you get a "Real" one from someplace like B&H Photo or "Ships & Sold by Amazon" on Amazon.
    95% of the Otterbox cases on eBay are fakes.

I stopped using the Defender as it does damage the painted sides of the Note 4.
    03-12-2015 08:18 AM
    I still love the Commuter case and think it's one of the best cases for the Note 4. I like the Ballistic case but I'm almost sure I'll be back in the Commuter within a day or two. Just make sure you get a "Real" one from someplace like B&H Photo or "Ships & Sold by Amazon" on Amazon.
    95% of the Otterbox cases on eBay are fakes.

I stopped using the Defender as it does damage the painted sides of the Note 4.
    I had the commuter for my s3 and I loved it. My sister has one on her note and I was surprised at how slim it is on the Note compared to the one I have now.

03-12-2015 08:24 AM
    I had the commuter for my s3 and I loved it. My sister has one on her note and I was surprised at how slim it is on the Note compared to the one I have now.

The only fault I find with the Note 4 Commuter is it's a little slippery. I still believe it's one of the best Note 4 cases out there.

The Symmetry is also a great case if you can live without port covers.

Ballistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal08.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-bal07.jpg

I think the Ballistic is a good looking case though.
    03-12-2015 08:30 AM
    Looks very bulky, like it adds a lot of mass to the sleekness of the note. I'm sure it offers a lot of protection though

Moto X 2014
    03-12-2015 03:57 PM
    This case also diminishes the sound a little. Maybe because the back is so thick.
    Still a cool case for the money though.
    03-14-2015 10:24 AM
    Do you have a picture of the tough jacket and the tough jacket maxx together?
    03-14-2015 11:09 AM
    No, but I'll get you one in a while. The only difference is the Maxx has the port covers on the rubber, plastic screen protector and the belt clip. I also believe that the Maxx rubber is a little bigger. As soon as I get a chance I'll take a picture of them side by side and post it here.
    03-14-2015 11:43 AM
    Here you go, Maxx on the left, regular Tough Jacket on the right:

Ballistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tj01.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tj02.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tj03.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tj04.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tj05.jpg

The Maxx rubber is quite a bit larger then the regular Tough Jacket rubber.
    My Maxx silicone has a factory defect in the lower right hand corner, called Ballistic and they said they would send me out a replacement Maxx silicone right away.
    adock22096 likes this.
    03-14-2015 01:12 PM
    Thanks. Now I just need to choose what color I like best lol.
    03-14-2015 07:20 PM
    Thanks. Now I just need to choose what color I like best lol.
    After playing around with these two cases for a while I can tell you the regular Tough Jacket silicone is much nicer then the Maxx silicone. It does not have the port covers but it is much smaller, fits tighter around the phone and goes in and out of pockets easier. I threw some silicone "Port Plugs" on the phone (have to keep my ports covered) and will test this combination for a couple of days.

If you can live without the port covers & belt clip the regular Tough Jacket is the better choice.
    Here's a couple pictures:

Ballistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tough01.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tough02.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tough03.jpgBallistic Tough Jacket Cases, Not too bad.-tough04.jpg
    03-14-2015 07:47 PM
    Another flaw of these Ballistic cases is that you actually slide the phone up & down inside of the silicone rubber with the case fully assembled.
    I noticed this when plugging in my charger, the phone slid up a good 1/4 of an inch. The silicone is baby smooth and soft.
    Back to the Commuter again.
    03-18-2015 07:34 PM