Diztronic TPU matte black review.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
2 stars. Plus one for slim design. Plus one for the matte finish.

Minus 3 because it seems like it doesn't fit. top doesn't seem to fit snug/wrap around all the way. Buttons are too sensitive. If I touch the bezel anywhere near the volume or power buttons it presses them. It's like they didnt leave enough room inside for the actual size of the button which makes the whole side of the case bulge around them. This is the issue I had when I got a TPU jelly case for my Incredible 2 a hundred years ago and swore I'd never get one again. From all the good reviews I thought they'd fixed this issue. I guess I was wrong.

I may try to cut the buttons out with an exacto or something. I dont know what quality of product all the other good reviewers got that made them so happy but after being sent a Roku remote by accident when I ordered this the first time, I'm kind of disappointed with this company as whole.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
2 stars. Plus one for slim design. Plus one for the matte finish.

Minus 3 because it seems like it doesn't fit. top doesn't seem to fit snug/wrap around all the way. Buttons are too sensitive. If I touch the bezel anywhere near the volume or power buttons it presses them. It's like they didnt leave enough room inside for the actual size of the button which makes the whole side of the case bulge around them. This is the issue I had when I got a TPU jelly case for my Incredible 2 a hundred years ago and swore I'd never get one again. From all the good reviews I thought they'd fixed this issue. I guess I was wrong.

I may try to cut the buttons out with an exacto or something. I dont know what quality of product all the other good reviewers got that made them so happy but after being sent a Roku remote by accident when I ordered this the first time, I'm kind of disappointed with this company as whole.

i love Diztronic TPU cases. i had one for my OG EVO, Galaxy Nexus, and now Nexus 5. can we see some pics of your problem?

also - you should email the company with your concerns.

good luck.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
email address is -

support AT diztronic.c0m

include your order #.

keep us posted on reply.

The said sometimes they get flatted in shipping. Whatever that means.

They're sending me a new one. I'll let you know how that goes.

Posted via the Android Central App

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement directly from diztronic and its just as bad. The top and bottom fit a little better but pressing on the flat part under and above the volume button turns the volume down/up. Pressing the bezel piece near the buttons still presses the power or volume. On this case the volume is definitely a worse fit than the power.

This just must be how they are and people are OK with it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement directly from diztronic and its just as bad. The top and bottom fit a little better but pressing on the flat part under and above the volume button turns the volume down/up. Pressing the bezel piece near the buttons still presses the power or volume. On this case the volume is definitely a worse fit than the power.

This just must be how they are and people are OK with it.

wow that's surprising. i've had 3 cases from them for my last 3 phones and they all fit like a glove. lots of happy customers posting feedback too. perhaps you are overly picky? have you ever had a Diztronic case before? what case makes you happy?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Too picky? I guess I just have a base standard that the buttons are not going to press when I'm not trying to press them. In the short time I've had this on my phone I've taken it out of my pocket and the power down popup is on my screen because of false power button presses. Almost every time I hit power, because of where my thumb naturally rests (in my left hand) the volume will go down.

It's a crap design period. The tech 21 I have been using has proper space around the buttons and works perfectly. It's just a bit too bulky and I'm not a fan the color choices.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I cut the buttons out of the case. Works perfectly now. They are also set in from the outer edge so they can never get accidentally pressed.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, did you have an OEM Samsung wireless charging battery cover on at the same time you were trying to put the case on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC