Note 4 Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Case

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of buying the red metal Neo Hybrid case for my Note 4 (its the case i've had my eye on ever since the note 4 got released) but i've seen a couple of YouTube videos and read a couple of user reviews that the case makes the phone signal weaker. I even contacted Spigens Ebay store here in the UK and they said that signal 'can be effected in rural areas'. I'm no expert but surely this is a case of either it weakens signal or it doesn't.

So I am reaching out to all the owners of the metal Neo Hybrid case for the GN4 (I'm sure there are plenty) to ask if there is a real issue here to the point that I should be looking for something else or is this a case of a handful of people have had a problem while the other 99% have been absolutely fine. I understand how it could be a problem as the aluminum frame has no breakers (like the phone does) but on the other hand i'd like to think one of the biggest phone case manufacturers on the planet wouldn't make such a monumental mistake in doing this....

Thanks in advance :)

anon(485487)

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
the first case i bought, the neo hybrid gunmetal aluminum side version . I was using the Note 4 naked for a good week or so until I got my case, and haven't noticed a loss of signal whatsoever. and haven't heard of anyone complaining about that from this case, either . just beware, certain drops can bend the sides pretty easily.. only dropped it once so far and it made the side with the volume bottoms bent ever so slightly . all in all a great looking and feeling case though .

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I decided to take the leap and ordered one, i'm hoping this one will be a lot better than the spigen capsule case I already own

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I decided to take the leap and ordered one, i'm hoping this one will be a lot better than the spigen capsule case I already own

I have heard nothing but bad things about the Capsule. I love the Neo Hybrid, Slim Armor, and Tough Armor. All of those are very good. I switch between the 3 of them all the time.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I bought the red one with the metal finish and I love it! Not too bulky, the aluminum feels nice and cold and there is a small lip around the front that protects the screen when I put it on the table with the screen facing downwards. I can post a few pics if you like.

Posted via the Android Central App

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I bought the red one with the metal finish and I love it! Not too bulky, the aluminum feels nice and cold and there is a small lip around the front that protects the screen when I put it on the table with the screen facing downwards. I can post a few pics if you like.

That would be nice....

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
There you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 87

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
When I saw this specific Spigen case, it interested me. So I was curious myself if I were to drop it inadvertently on the Al bumper. This YouTube review was done quite well if you've not seen it yet.

While not the SGN.4, the case still applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7z_uRYjO0s

Overall and just by what I read/see on the internet regarding this Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal, it's sleekly designed I'd say. :cool:

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the red metal neo hybrid now for a while now and had no signal drop like others have but where I have carefully removed the metal part 2-3 times it has still gone out of shape which now means it doesn't stay exactly in place and my spen catches it whenever I take it out of the phone. Not happy to say the least, spigen definitely got sloppy when it came to design and manufacture of note 4 cases

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
It happens to all the phones with metal bumpers unfortunately... they look nice and feel great at first until you take them off and on a few times

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12