rapid charge

Sethry

May 13, 2015
Visit site
If i use a rapid charge cable with my note four do you think it will fry the port because of the already built in quick charging capability.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If i use a rapid charge cable with my note four do you think it will fry the port because of the already built in quick charging capability.

The device will only charge as fast as it supports. I wouldn't worry about the charge ports frying, but will still recommend using a charger that is supported by the device and/or rated for it as well.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

No it really wont. A "rapid charge cable," as they advertise, is just a thicker gauge USB cable that handles high throughput better (it's what shipped with your Note 4). The speed of the charge is still controlled by the little box you plug into the actual wall.

vestan pance

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I dont know if this helps at all but my bf trod on my (brand new) note 4 charger and broke the usb cable. I'm now using a cable I got with my old galaxy s4 into the fast charger and no problems at all....still fast charges.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
As MedicD points out... It's the power cube that supports the fast charging not the cable.

The cube supplies the standard 5 Volts for normal changing but it can also supply 9 volts for rapid charging. Ordinary USB charger cubes can't supply 9 volts and as such, don't support fast charging.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance