If i use a rapid charge cable with my note four do you think it will fry the port because of the already built in quick charging capability.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2015 06:09 PM
    If i use a rapid charge cable with my note four do you think it will fry the port because of the already built in quick charging capability.

The device will only charge as fast as it supports. I wouldn't worry about the charge ports frying, but will still recommend using a charger that is supported by the device and/or rated for it as well.
    05-16-2015 12:23 PM

No it really wont. A "rapid charge cable," as they advertise, is just a thicker gauge USB cable that handles high throughput better (it's what shipped with your Note 4). The speed of the charge is still controlled by the little box you plug into the actual wall.
    05-16-2015 01:14 PM
    I dont know if this helps at all but my bf trod on my (brand new) note 4 charger and broke the usb cable. I'm now using a cable I got with my old galaxy s4 into the fast charger and no problems at all....still fast charges.

05-16-2015 02:51 PM
    As MedicD points out... It's the power cube that supports the fast charging not the cable.

The cube supplies the standard 5 Volts for normal changing but it can also supply 9 volts for rapid charging. Ordinary USB charger cubes can't supply 9 volts and as such, don't support fast charging.
    05-21-2015 12:42 PM