Samsung Galaxy Wireless Charging Pad

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Just got this in today and thought to give it a quick once over with impromptu shots for illustration purposes:

JKAQzEIl.jpg
nl1up0pl.jpg

tqU2AB4l.jpg

The only case that fits and works is the Pure.Gear DualTek IPS

Gq3KEwnl.jpg
kFBmuHil.jpg

bKYkTtYl.jpg

Instead of a flat level back surface as before, it's almost "rounded" like the *Speck CandyShell Grip

9bJ4yKMl.jpg

Weight comparison with Wireless Battery Back and stock Back (You can feel the weight difference and it's solid to be sure!)

SqKK7jDl.jpg
MVIR3LEl.jpg

Side by Side

uXayxHtl.jpg
hmR7RbDl.jpg

Txx09bSl.jpg
jzDjIyOl.jpg

Wireless Battery Back is practically flush with camera

ybZ8Zwml.jpg

r3XBBSgl.jpg
qnryT01l.jpg

Slip Case

rLVBFVyl.jpg
JQL3U9rl.jpg

ynRXIG5l.jpg
ob6LVYjl.jpg

Messenger Carry(?) :confused:

3LWFwx2l.jpg

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Here at work filling in for the Graveyard shift and decided to try the Qi Wireless. Did a simple charge at 12:00MID on battery that was at 83%. It took 45 minutes (12:45AM) when it notified/signaled at 100% full charge status. I'll have to try when it's at 50% and 40% and see how goes it with this setup.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Got this other Samsung S Charger Pad Wide today:

ENNFKkSl.jpg

Trying it out at 48% (excuse the craptastic photogra[f]y)

I1m85yfl.jpg

liOQUkgl.jpg

Took the shot when the time was transitioning from 8:56PM to 8:57PM

AECH3wbl.jpg

Now will see how long it takes to charge to 100% from 48%.

That's all for now! :cool:

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
In my haste, no quick capture; but from 55% battery to 100% battery charge took one hour and forty-five minutes (1 hour and 45 minutes) from (1930HRS) 7:30PM to (2115HRS) 9:15PM. That's using the SSCPW. :cool:

cadcoke5

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Elsewhere, I read that the Samsung charging pads will turn off as soon as the charge hits 100%. So, if you start at the beginning of the night at 99%, it will soon charge up, and then shut off. Since I use my phone like my alarm clock, with the display always on, that means I would wake up with significantly less charge than when I started, if not totally dead.

I also spoke with Samsung to confirm if this behavior is currently how their Qi chargers work, and they said yes. So, I found a 3rd party charger that does not shut down. It is actually one designed as a car charger. It is by Zegapain, and it did fit the note, even with a case.

-Joe

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Elsewhere, I read that the Samsung charging pads will turn off as soon as the charge hits 100%. So, if you start at the beginning of the night at 99%, it will soon charge up, and then shut off. Since I use my phone like my alarm clock, with the display always on, that means I would wake up with significantly less charge than when I started, if not totally dead.

I also spoke with Samsung to confirm if this behavior is currently how their Qi chargers work, and they said yes. So, I found a 3rd party charger that does not shut down. It is actually one designed as a car charger. It is by Zegapain, and it did fit the note, even with a case.

-Joe
Personally, I do not leave my display always on even with my alarm clock set. I have not experienced any problem with my current setup for the SGN.IV. Of course, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so. Enjoy! :cool:

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I wanted to see how long it would take to wirelessly charge the SGN.IV from an alternative power source. The following is a tell-tale of its approximation from a battery charge of 53% to 100%.

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz