I hope someone can help me. I have noone to ask and really nowhere to turn except the internet. How sad is that??

I have a Note 4 with KiktKat 4.4, no special OS root or anything. All stock except the launchers (TSF and GO Launxher Z).
    I read ART can improve performance on my Note 4, but now have since learned otherwise. However, before realizing it was not 100% on the N4 w/KK4.4, last night at 1015p I switched RTL using the developer tools option, to ART from Dalvik. Well, it was going ok, then at around 1034p when it was at "Optimizing app 333 of 475" I went to the restroom. When I cameback at 1044p and it was on app 354, and it is now 2am and it is STILL on app 354!!

I know that the process can take a long time but THIS LONG??!! I did unplug it while it was "Upgrading", but it was already at 86% anyway. NOTE THAT I AM NOT UPGRADING TO 5.0 JUST SWITHCING RUNTIMES.

Has anyone had this happen? Is it because I have so many apps? Is it stuck on an incompatible or very large app? Is it safe to attempt a hardboot by pulling the battery?

Any answers will be appreciated, please. I still have my note 2 (wifi only) but left it at home thinking the N4 would he done by now. Now I'm using my great but slow Tab 2 10.1.

Thanks in advance.

PaulJC

UPDATE: I HAD IT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER. BUT WHEN I NOTICED IT WOULD GET VERY HOT I WOULD UNPLUG IT AND PLACE IN THE FRIDGE FOR A FEW MINUTES TO COOL OFF. AFTER DOING THAT JUST NOW I DISCOVERED THE BATTREY HAD COMPLETETLY DRAINED TO ZERO PERCENT WHILST IT WAS OPTIMIZING AND SHUTDOWN. I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS DRAINING THE BATTERY THIS WHOLE TIME. NOW I HAVE IT PLUGGED UP AGAIN. I WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN IT ON UNTIL I HEAR FROM SOMEONE. PLEASE HELP ME.
    06-18-2015 04:41 AM
    I have since discovered that the battery drain was the cause of the hang up. I have recharged it to 100% and am now just going through the motions of allowing KK4.4 to optimize all the apps so I can use the phone so I can reset it back to the Dalvik RTL and stop trying to improve my already perfect Note 4.
    06-18-2015 03:52 PM