Nochoice Magnetic Car Mount - Best Car Mount I've Ever Used

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've owned smartphones for almost a decade now and if there's been a single, constant, pita no matter what brand/model phone I've had, it's been finding clean, simple, easy to use mount for the dashboard in my car. Problem finally solved. It's simple....stick the base onto your dash using 3M tape (provided). Put the magnet on the ball. Stick the flat metal disk onto the back of your phone or case. Maybe I'm really late to this party, but I just learned about the product within the last year. Saw a product called Steelie at a hardware store, but they were like $35.00. Found Nochoice on amazon for $22.00. Been using it for a few weeks now and so far, it's been great. My phone has yet to fall while I'm driving. The only "problem" I've had is that the sticky tape on the metal disk that goes on my phone didn't hold very well, but I think that might be due to the material that my case is made out of and not due to a faulty product. I just put a few drops of superglue on there and haven't had a problem since.

My biggest concern going in was that I'd be sticking a magnet on the back of my phone and I'd fry it, but that's not the case. And I think that by having a solid case on my phone, there's nothing to worry about by using it in my car for extended drives either. I'd do some research if I didn't have a case on my phone though...or if I used an S-View case...just to be on the safe side.

There are a few different brands of this style of mount. Compare them and go with which ever you prefer, but I think the concept and design of these mounts are by far the best I've ever seen.

Attachments

• nochoice.jpg
    nochoice.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45

ermitico

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the Mountek Snap n Groove as it slots into your cars CD player or other thin opening without having to stick anything with glue or adhesive. It's also much better than sticking the mount to your window with a suction cup which will fall off sooner or later.

Also you can just stick the metal plate between your phone and case if you don't want to ruin the look. I don't use a case but I've placed the metal plate inside the phone, between the battery and back casing. Note that you can't do this with an original battery and back casing combo as the NFC sticker on the back casing will make it bulge. I'm using with a Seidio Innocell 6440 mAh battery and back casing which doesn't have that problem. The increased weight of the phone is also not an issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy