I'm giving my old phone to my mother and she just needs the phone number shortcuts on the Home screen. I don't want her accidentally swiping and transitioning to another screen (where there are no apps anyway). She's 96 and she won't know what she's done and how to get back to Home Screen.
    02-27-2021 11:50 PM
    Does the launcher automatically delete a homescreen if you remove all shortcuts, folders, and widgets from it, or does that homescreen remain blank? In other words, does the launcher always present you with 5 possible homescreens, or does it adjust to show you only as many homescreens as you have items set up on them? (Older launchers usually acted like the former.)

If it's the latter, then you could always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which should give you the ability to have only one homescreen.
    02-28-2021 01:08 AM
    Does the launcher automatically delete a homescreen if you remove all shortcuts, folders, and widgets from it, or does that homescreen remain blank? In other words, does the launcher always present you with 5 possible homescreens, or does it adjust to show you only as many homescreens as you have items set up on them? (Older launchers usually acted like the former.)

If it's the latter, then you could always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which should give you the ability to have only one homescreen.
    Thank you. There are lots of empty screens. No apps. No widgets. I downloaded Nova but I'm afraid I can't work out how to use it to do what I want. Hopefully they'll answer my email
    02-28-2021 07:30 PM
    Thank you. There are lots of empty screens. No apps. No widgets. I downloaded Nova but I'm afraid I can't work out how to use it to do what I want. Hopefully they'll answer my email
    Check if you have easy mode
    02-28-2021 07:51 PM
    Here are a couple of guides:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...nova-launcher/
    https://monkeymanifesto.com/how-to-u...-android-1696/

Are you saying you're not sure how it works in general, or are you just trying to figure out how to maintain only one homescreen?
    02-28-2021 08:04 PM
    I don't have direct experience with Samsung's Easy Mode, but from what I can tell, it still presents the user with more than one homescreen, which would still be a problem for the OP's mother: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-e...you-might-want. Or is it possible to remove all homescreens except for one?
    02-28-2021 08:05 PM
    I don't have direct experience with Samsung's Easy Mode, but from what I can tell, it still presents the user with more than one homescreen, which would still be a problem for the OP's mother: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-e...you-might-want. Or is it possible to remove all homescreens except for one?
    This makes the stock launcher very simple and be perfect How do I  stop any transition away from the home screen on  Galaxy Note 4-screenshot_20210228-210818_settings.jpg
    02-28-2021 08:09 PM
    Right, but can you test it out and see if you can remove all homescreens except one? That's specifically what the OP is hoping for.
    02-28-2021 08:11 PM
    Right, but can you test it out and see if you can remove all homescreens except one? That's specifically what the OP is hoping for.
    You can remove all home screen just like normal mode but it's harder to accidentally touch in easy mode
    02-28-2021 08:35 PM
    Easy Mode made no difference. In fact it complicated the Home screen by adding a torch and a magnifier which I couldn't move or delete
    02-28-2021 08:42 PM
    Here are a couple of guides:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...nova-launcher/
    https://monkeymanifesto.com/how-to-u...-android-1696/

Are you saying you're not sure how it works in general, or are you just trying to figure out how to maintain only one homescreen?
    Both!
    02-28-2021 08:44 PM
    Easy Mode made no difference. In fact it complicated the Home screen by adding a torch and a magnifier which I couldn't move or delete
    See if you can lock the home screen on stock launcher
    02-28-2021 08:46 PM
    See if you can lock the home screen on stock launcher
    I'm sorry I don't know what stock launcher is
    02-28-2021 08:47 PM
    I'm sorry I don't know what stock launcher is
    The launcher is the user interface
    02-28-2021 08:51 PM
    The launcher is the user interface
    Sorry I still don't understand. As far as I'm aware all I've been doing is using the stock launcher. I don't want to lock the home screen because then it would mean an extra step to unlock it. I just want ONE home screen
    02-28-2021 09:19 PM
    Installing Nova and setting it up is pretty straightforward, if you follow the guides. Once it's set up, you wouldn't have to worry about your mother accidentally switching to a different launcher.
    02-28-2021 09:36 PM
    Sorry I still don't understand. As far as I'm aware all I've been doing is using the stock launcher. I don't want to lock the home screen because then it would mean an extra step to unlock it. I just want ONE home screen
    Yes your using the stock launcher , but you want to lock it so items can't be deleted or pages added
    02-28-2021 09:42 PM
    Yes your using the stock launcher , but you want to lock it so items can't be deleted or pages added
    So how do I do that and how do I get rid of the extra empty 6 home screens I have?
    02-28-2021 10:21 PM
    So how do I do that and how do I get rid of the extra empty 6 home screens I have?
    It's been a long time since I've been on Note 4 , but try long press a empty page on your home screen and see if you can swipe away the extra home screen
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-28-2021 10:26 PM
    It's been a long time since I've been on Note 4 , but try long press a empty page on your home screen and see if you can swipe away the extra home screen
    You're a genius Mustang. That worked! Yay! Thanks
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    03-01-2021 12:27 AM
    You're a genius Mustang. That worked! Yay! Thanks
    Glad I could help
    03-01-2021 11:11 AM