How do I stop any transition away from the home screen on Galaxy Note 4

bezely

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm giving my old phone to my mother and she just needs the phone number shortcuts on the Home screen. I don't want her accidentally swiping and transitioning to another screen (where there are no apps anyway). She's 96 and she won't know what she's done and how to get back to Home Screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the launcher automatically delete a homescreen if you remove all shortcuts, folders, and widgets from it, or does that homescreen remain blank? In other words, does the launcher always present you with 5 possible homescreens, or does it adjust to show you only as many homescreens as you have items set up on them? (Older launchers usually acted like the former.)

If it's the latter, then you could always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which should give you the ability to have only one homescreen.

bezely

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Does the launcher automatically delete a homescreen if you remove all shortcuts, folders, and widgets from it, or does that homescreen remain blank? In other words, does the launcher always present you with 5 possible homescreens, or does it adjust to show you only as many homescreens as you have items set up on them? (Older launchers usually acted like the former.)

If it's the latter, then you could always install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which should give you the ability to have only one homescreen.

Thank you. There are lots of empty screens. No apps. No widgets. I downloaded Nova but I'm afraid I can't work out how to use it to do what I want. Hopefully they'll answer my email

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. There are lots of empty screens. No apps. No widgets. I downloaded Nova but I'm afraid I can't work out how to use it to do what I want. Hopefully they'll answer my email

Here are a couple of guides:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-use-nova-launcher/
https://monkeymanifesto.com/how-to-use-nova-launcher-android-1696/

Are you saying you're not sure how it works in general, or are you just trying to figure out how to maintain only one homescreen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but can you test it out and see if you can remove all homescreens except one? That's specifically what the OP is hoping for.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Right, but can you test it out and see if you can remove all homescreens except one? That's specifically what the OP is hoping for.
You can remove all home screen just like normal mode but it's harder to accidentally touch in easy mode

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Installing Nova and setting it up is pretty straightforward, if you follow the guides. Once it's set up, you wouldn't have to worry about your mother accidentally switching to a different launcher.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I still don't understand. As far as I'm aware all I've been doing is using the stock launcher. I don't want to lock the home screen because then it would mean an extra step to unlock it. I just want ONE home screen
Yes your using the stock launcher , but you want to lock it so items can't be deleted or pages added

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So how do I do that and how do I get rid of the extra empty 6 home screens I have?
It's been a long time since I've been on Note 4 , but try long press a empty page on your home screen and see if you can swipe away the extra home screen