Microphone not working during WhatsApp and Zoom calls.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed this yesterday.

If I do a normal voice call, my microphone works.

If I try joining a WhatsApp or Zoom call, my microphone doesn't seem to work. When I join a Zoom call, for example, the microphone symbol doesn't seem to fluctuate when I talk. Normally the microphone symbol in Zoom fills with a green color, the greater the input sound received.

I checked my permissions for both apps. They seem fine.

I tried restarting my phone.

I tried clearing cache on WhatsApp.

Zoom was a fresh install today.

I can record a WhatsApp voice message.

Actually, I can't do that anymore. I recorded a WhatsApp voice message yesterday. After that, it seems like my problems started.

I can't go to the SMS app and do voice-to-text anymore. When I try talking, it doesn't detect anything.

I can't go to the voice recorder app and record anything anymore. It doesn't detect anything.

For WhatsApp, yesterday, the other party couldn't hear me. We tried quitting and starting a new call many times.

Regular voice calls still seem to work, though.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, what Android version is your Note 4 on?

All of these problems seemed to have started yesterday. I made 2 voice messages via WhatsApp.

A few hours later, when I tried a WhatsApp video call, then I noticed the microphone problem.

However, I've done several voice calls since then using the mobile network, and those have all worked.

So far, it seems like with WhatsApp, Zoom, the SMS app voice to text feature, and Voice Recorder, all have problems detecting that the microphone is being used.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

All of these problems seemed to have started yesterday. I made 2 voice messages via WhatsApp.

A few hours later, when I tried a WhatsApp video call, then I noticed the microphone problem.

However, I've done several voice calls since then using the mobile network, and those have all worked.

So far, it seems like with WhatsApp, Zoom, the SMS app voice to text feature, and Voice Recorder, all have problems detecting that the microphone is being used.
You double check the mics on the phone any dirt or lint in them ?

Go to your camera app make a video talking and replay it see if your voice is heard .

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
You double check the mics on the phone any dirt or lint in them ?

Go to your camera app make a video talking and replay it see if your voice is heard .

The camera app appears to be one more thing that isn't detecting the microphone. I didn't hear my voice after recording the video.

Is there more than one mic?

Is there a different mic for voice calls, as compared to the ones WhatsApp, Zoom, SMS, Voice Recorder, or the Camera App would use?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The camera app appears to be one more thing that isn't detecting the microphone. I didn't hear my voice after recording the video.

Is there more than one mic?

Is there a different mic for voice calls, as compared to the ones WhatsApp, Zoom, SMS, Voice Recorder, or the Camera App would use?
Should be 2 or 3 on this device 2 at bottom and one on top , look like little pin holes

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
It's possible one other incident messed up my phone.

I was calling someone Wednesday evening, and at one point, my phone restarted while I was on the call.

That's never happened to me before.

Maybe the mic got messed up then.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
So a question I have, in trying to better understand this, is that when making a normal voice call, does it use a different mic then SMS voice to text, Voice Recorder, WhatsApp, Zoom, and the Camera app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So a question I have, in trying to better understand this, is that when making a normal voice call, does it use a different mic then SMS voice to text, Voice Recorder, WhatsApp, Zoom, and the Camera app?
It has couple different microphone so I'm not sure which ones it uses .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae