Caller on Auto Reject List leaving voicemails.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Why is a caller on the Auto Reject List, still allowed to leave a voicemail?

I can see that the all was rejected, there's a diagonal NOT symbol with an A next to it, in the call log, for that specific all log time.

But that caller was then allowed to leave a voice mail.

I don't want that. If they're rejected, then I don't want the call to proceed to any point.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is that, a blocked call is only blocked from ringing through. It will get directed to VM automatically.
This is accurate. I actually had to test it out last night. While blocking a number they are immediately sent to VM.
I was under the impression block a caller and nothing could come through, if you block with DND that would go voice mail.

blueyestm

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression block a caller and nothing could come through, if you block with DND that would go voice mail.

So I currently have a Blackberry Key2 with no apps being utilized to block numbers. I go into my phone settings, block the phone number. I phoned my own cell using the blocked number (cell phone for work) and was immediately pushed to VM and left a message. So if the actual phone settings are misleading that may be the issue then. I do not have an option to DND on my phone that I have seen.

*Update - I mean I have DND but not specifically for phone numbers that I have seen. Of course I also haven't gone looking for this either so there's that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I currently have a Blackberry Key2 with no apps being utilized to block numbers. I go into my phone settings, block the phone number. I phoned my own cell using the blocked number (cell phone for work) and was immediately pushed to VM and left a message. So if the actual phone settings are misleading that may be the issue then. I do not have an option to DND on my phone that I have seen.

*Update - I mean I have DND but not specifically for phone numbers that I have seen. Of course I also haven't gone looking for this either so there's that.
I have to test this on my other phones , block 1 of them later, for DND if you choose just contacts to call or certain ones then rest go voicemail

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This has been brought up before.. if I remember right (and that's a big if lol) I think you have to contact your carrier to get a complete number block (no vm).

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Blocked callers on my N20U will go to voicemail. I use DND at night & the only calls that can ring through are people listed in my contacts. The rest go to voicemail.

When I had my Blackberry, I had an app that 'answered' the blocked call & then disconnected before the phone ever rang. So it simulated a pickup & hangup. Therefore, the call never went to voicemail. Loved that app. Last I checked, the Google Playstore had similar apps but that was years ago.

blueyestm

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If you leave your VM full then when you block a number you won't see the number or get a VM but obviously no one else will be able to leave one either...

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Possible because your older android version, but i tested this myself and blocked caller doesnt ring but they can leave a voicemail lol

Do you also have an Auto-Reject?

Is it possible that Auto-Reject was renamed to Blocked?

Do you have a Phone app-->Settings-->Call Settings-->Call Rejection-->Auto Reject List?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech