Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

• Total voters

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the S4, but I skipped the S5 because it felt like a minor upgrade from the Note 3, and at times a downgrade. I also wanted a larger screen and the S5 didn't include a 1440p display. I'm really looking forward to the Note 4 and it's the #1 device on my want list. But the display is my main reason to upgrade, and if the Note 4 doesn't have a 1440p screen and the competition does, I will not buy the Note 4. I'm going to spend $700 or $800 on my next phone this fall, and a 1440p display is a must for me.

Having said that, I will be really surprised if Samsung would not release the Galaxy Note 4 with a QHD display. So I'm pretty sure that I will upgrade from the Galaxy S4 to the Galaxy Note 4 :D

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the S4, but I skipped the S5 because it felt like a minor upgrade from the Note 3, and at times a downgrade. I also wanted a larger screen and the S5 didn't include a 1440p display. I'm really looking forward to the Note 4 and it's the #1 device on my want list. But the display is my main reason to upgrade, and if the Note 4 doesn't have a 1440p screen and the competition does, I will not buy the Note 4. I'm going to spend $700 or $800 on my next phone this fall, and a 1440p display is a must for me.

Having said that, I will be really surprised if Samsung would not release the Galaxy Note 4 with a QHD display. So I'm pretty sure that I will upgrade from the Galaxy S4 to the Galaxy Note 4 :D

the only "problem" is that the Note 4 is 6 to 7 months away from going on sale at US stores. :(

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
the only "problem" is that the Note 4 is 6 to 7 months away from going on sale at US stores. :(

Yeah, that is my big problem too :/ but I'll be patient and that will surely pay off when I finally have the phone :D. I'm not going to jump the gun on the Find 7 or the G3 because I believe Samsung will bring the higher resolution to the Note 4. If they do, the jump from the S4 to the Note 4 will be a great one and I'll be a very happy person in 6 months :D lol.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that is my big problem too :/ but I'll be patient and that will surely pay off when I finally have the phone :D. I'm not going to jump the gun on the Find 7 or the G3 because I believe Samsung will bring the higher resolution to the Note 4. If they do, the jump from the S4 to the Note 4 will be a great one and I'll be a very happy person in 6 months :D lol.

I don't mind waiting 6 months for the Note 4.
Once I get it, I suppose I will be thinking
"hey, it's only 11 and half more months
before Samsung release the Note 5...." :D

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
on screen buttons will be a deal breaker for me....

I love Samsung because of three things: microSD card slots, physical home button, removable battery.
(or wait, am I the only one who absolutely must have those three things? :D )
Nope. SD and removable battery--very important and often critical. My #1 is screen size though. The physical buttons I rather like, but not a deal breaker

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I can give the physical home button up but not at the expense of screen. If they jump the screen . 5 then do onscreen buttons I am OK with that.

That being said, I really do not see on screen buttons on Samsung anytime soon. With every new release, of every phone, it is becoming more of a 'what separates us from them' kinda thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep, and that's not new, it's a long-standing trend. In another thread I posted recently about documents discovered in the litigation with Apple, there was some hint that Samsung would even like to have its own OS and ditch Android. (big mistake, if they do..)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep saying I wouldn't buy this/that, especially the S series and I bought the S3, S4 & S5.

I even said 5.2" is the maximum for Super Phones and I still bought the Note 3. As much as loved it, this is getting ridiculous it didn't last long after 3 months I sold it for the nexus 5.

I can say there's nothing wrong with 1080P but when Note 4 comes out I will likely buy it. :)

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Well its about 3 months since this thread was active and it is confirmed that 1440 x 2560 pixels, 5.7 inch, microsd up to 128gb. Not sure about battery. 2 months to release.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I really hope they don't make the Note 4 any bigger. The size of the Note 3 is perfect. There should be less bezel so the actual screen is bigger while maintaining current specs regarding size. 1440 is a number thrown around and is "better" than 1080 but at what cost. The naked eye can't really tell the difference on a screen this size and the battery consumption just might ruin the experience. The Note 4 should improve on:
TouchWiz
battery life.
S-Pen compatibility.
WiFi connectivity.
Low light camera performance.
And the fact that they should give me one for free.

Posted via Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Screen resolution isn't that important to me. I'm upgrading from a S3 and I'm going to get either the Note 3 or 4. Reason I'm waiting for the Note 4 is I like the water resistant feature & supposedly the stylus will be more functional. I also like the rumored iris reader because as a lockscreen user that would make it a whole lot easier than tapping out a code to open the lockscreen. I'll decide after the Note 4 is introduced and if I decide to go with the Note 4 I won't pay more than $300 to upgrade and it'll probably be a few months before it comes down to than price level. Or maybe I can call AT&T's customer retention and get a better deal.

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
There is no reason to get the N3 unless $ is an issue. Once the N4 comes out you will be envious if you have the 3. For most people it goes every other so N3 owners will be getting the N5 while most of us N4 owners won't be ready to upgrade until fall 2016 when the N6 comes out the N6 will have the ability to beam you from one place to another like the transporters in Star Trek.