Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

• Total voters

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm just waiting for the Note 4 to come out do I can pick up a 3 for a little discount and jump to AT&T prepaid.

Posted via Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Too big for me but if I was considering it it would still get it

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
If I dont see anything impressive soon, im getting a g3, I don't want nor need a phone with a ton of new health features. I work in construction outside in az and have for 17 years. I do not need my phone telling me that I need sunscreen.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
If I dont see anything impressive soon, im getting a g3, I don't want nor need a phone with a ton of new health features. I work in construction outside in az and have for 17 years. I do not need my phone telling me that I need sunscreen.

I know 5 people personally that were super excited about the G3 and have returned it after a week or so of use. That alone right there makes me not want to have one. (even though I want one)

Scribbled on my Galaxy Note 3

billy10101

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
N4 needs to be redesigned. Tired of the same physical home button, multitasking and back button on every Samsung device

Sent from my Verizon LG G3 using the AC Forums App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung can manage to do better with a 2k display than the G3 in terms of battery drain and overheating batteries then yes I want it, but to have a 2k display just to say you have it is like driving a Ferrari 2 miles to work everyday, looks great but really a waste.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung can manage to do better with a 2k display than the G3 in terms of battery drain and overheating batteries then yes I want it, but to have a 2k display just to say you have it is like driving a Ferrari 2 miles to work everyday, looks great but really a waste.

For my phone, that might well be true but on my tablet a principal function is watching videos.

On both devices, one thing I've learned over the years with tech--if they come out with a cool product, eventually the software/media folks will start producing things to take advantage of its capabilities. I can't quite see why I need a YOUM screen, but I suspect some software designer will eventually show me why. ;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
A tablet with a 2k display would be worth the effort, but we need battery life and adding gee whiz features that kill the battery just don't make sense. That said I am still actively waiting for the Note 4 and honestly I may buy my way out of Verizon again if they can't step up.

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... Im still sold.. I mean yes its better but not to an extreme amount... Also considering the massive gains from speed/ performance as well as battery life if it still packs that 805 or exynos with just a 1080 screen.. :)

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Note 2 and will buy the Note 4 for tri-band LTE. I assume it will have some improvements from the Note 3, but whether the screen size or resolution goes up from the Note 3 really doesn't matter to me. Removable battery and micro SD card are absolute must-have features. I'd rather Samsung stick with light-weight and durable plastic than pander to all the metal-casing fanatics, (who can go get an iPhone or an HTC One if they value a jewel-like exterior over function).

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It would also depend on battery life. If fHD gave a decent amount better battery life then I would go for that

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The new Snapdragon 805 processor is supposed to use power more efficiently. Combine that with a 3600-3800 Mah battery and you should get at least as good battery performance as in the note 3. I predict it will be better.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep I'm basically waiting to see the note 4, RAZR maxx, and the 5.5 inch iPhone. See which I like the best. But I'm leaning towards the note for the s pen and battery life.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The 5.5 iphone won't be much of a value given the extra battery capacity will still not make it through a full day just like the current iphone. I want/need a removable battery and microSD. apple could have put a microSD on their phones for media files only which would have been smart, but then they would have to pay MS for the file system and we know they won't do that.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Nope I would not buy it. I need a phone to last me 3 years so it would have to be up to date with specs when I buy it.

Yeah I get that, it needs to be certainly better than my note 3 to be worth it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I would likely buy it without the 2K screen because the apps have not caught up yet with it. My biggest reason would be if it is actually better than the Note 3. I actually may get a N3 to determine if the fit is right for me and to compare them once the N4 is actually released.

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
im still on the Note 2. Il buy it regardless of screen,as long as it has other features I want, or dont know that I want yet! lol

my wish list...

bigger capacity battery
20mp camera
water proof like the S5
same styling as the Note 3, but better
High powered processor
smooth FAST UI
wireless charging - but not a deal breaker
USB 3 charging :)
High Quality HD screen
Upgraded stylus features
NO on screen buttons - leave the Galaxy series styled as they are!
16-32GB memory
micro sd slot - of course it'll have that!
removable battery
YOUM display would be very COOL! but not a deal breaker

only a couple more weeks till its announces! woop!

thats my 2 cents....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2