Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

• Total voters

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Note 2 and will buy the Note 4 for tri-band LTE. I assume it will have some improvements from the Note 3, but whether the screen size or resolution goes up from the Note 3 really doesn't matter to me. Removable battery and micro SD card are absolute must-have features. I'd rather Samsung stick with light-weight and durable plastic than pander to all the metal-casing fanatics, (who can go get an iPhone or an HTC One if they value a jewel-like exterior over function).

Just remember if you use data and voice at the same you won't be able to on a tri-band phone unless on wifi.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
There's something about 1440p. The p stands for pointless XD there is no reason something should be more pixel dense than a TV. Its a PHONE.

Posted via Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 now and the screen is one of the best ever .And I've seen the LG g3 screen I was not all that impressed it would just sick more battery

Posted via Android Central App

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
its gonna be awesome regardless

but most reports are coming back that WILL have the 1440 size.

im not fussed - i just want the phone already!

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I might pick up this phone regardless of screen res. I have a lumia 1020 right now but as much as i enjoy windows os app support sucks to hell.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Size....the ultimate issue at this point. I found the Note 3 just a hair too big (pocket, hand, etc.) but had no issues with anything else.
I want an 8" screen in a 5.5" body, screw physics!

I would love a bigger screen... but I think the current Note 3 is already at the limit.... maybe they can kick it up to 6.2-inch... anything beyond that, I'll need to grow bigger hands.

I think it's safe to assume that most of the hardware specs for the Note 4 has already been decided by Samsung engineers by now. We can only wait until the leaked pictures start showing up.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Man if Samsung is going all in with this phone it will be be incredible hard to top it next year. I mean waterproof, dust resistance, QHD, snap Dragon 805 great design.

Also if you've seen the s5 prime screen in action you don't want to go back to only full HD, it's that sharp

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
24 months from now, I predict someone will post the following question:

"Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 6
if it does not have a true 4K (3840x2160) screen?"

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
At what resolution will the human eye not be able to discern the difference?

Usually experts are saying at 300ppi plus but a great screen is so much more than just pixels. Calibration, size, used panel (amoled, ips, LCD..) are all plaything a role. I mean the biggest difference between the s4 and s5 was the screen quality although both are having the same resolution, while the latter has 432 instead of 442 ppi.

If I want a compact phone I'd be buying the z1 compact or alpha. I'd recommend watching some off the YouTube videos where reviewers are comparing the s5 with the s5 prime, the difference I saw is clearly more details and extremely sharp icons, especially useful if you are reading small texts.

The arquos bottom bezel looks too big while the top one is too small without a notification led and no physical home button. I hope Samsung had kept the screen size while making it smaller a 5.4 note would be awesome but only one day day to go so yeah.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca