Galaxy Note 4 Rumors and Expectations

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Very nice find! This is just a list of possible discrepancies I have with the list, but nothing is final until it's final!

1. It appears that some LTE bands are missing
2. Samsung will probably never have a 16GB - let's be real here, the Note line is Samsung's real flagship line for top specs - internal storage option in a Galaxy Note phone again.
3. Most likely will have KitKat 4.4.4.
4. The IR blaster isn't listed (sorry, this is a nit-pick thing).

There's a few other things but they're small. obviously we don't know the physical design yet. Thank you for the find.:)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It looks like hack honestly.

Aside from the above, "full phone specifications" that don't list the basic dimensions or weight?

Also missing :
-fingerprint scanner
-ip67
-it shows cat 4,but could be cat 6
-no mention of usb otg capability (shows on the s5)
-no mention of heart rate sensor
-no mention of wireless charging
-camera shows as 16/2,but according to GSMArena's latest article, it indicates 12/3.7

http://m.gsmarena.com/rumor_samsung_galaxy_note_4_to_have_12_mp_ois_camera-news-8874.php

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Very nice find! This is just a list of possible discrepancies I have with the list, but nothing is final until it's final!

1. It appears that some LTE bands are missing
2. Samsung will probably never have a 16GB - let's be real here, the Note line is Samsung's real flagship line for top specs - internal storage option in a Galaxy Note phone again.
3. Most likely will have KitKat 4.4.4.
4. The IR blaster isn't listed (sorry, this is a nit-pick thing).

There's a few other things but they're small. obviously we don't know the physical design yet. Thank you for the find.:)

Actually Depending on Release of the Product and Android L I would think they put it on Android L ?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It looks like hack honestly.

Aside from the above, "full phone specifications" that don't list the basic dimensions or weight?

Also missing :
-fingerprint scanner
-ip67
-it shows cat 4,but could be cat 6
-no mention of usb otg capability (shows on the s5)
-no mention of heart rate sensor
-no mention of wireless charging
-camera shows as 16/2,but according to GSMArena's latest article, it indicates 12/3.7

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 tipped to have 12 MP OIS camera - GSMArena.com news

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Well the latest rumor is for a UV monitor instead of the heart rate monitor

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The internal storage to me is odd. They've always made the Note minimum 32 GB so I don't see them degrading to a 16 GB one.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't expect a HRM on the Note 4, it was more of a Galaxy S feature. The Note is more about business and well the Notes features. Fingerprint, waterproof features are given, better camera, processor, screen etc.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a month to go for the announcement, but it feels so far away because when Verizon was the first to announce the Note 3 last year they were as always the last to release it with a November launch. I would really like to see a quick release especially if Samsung really wants to get some sale in ahead ot the next iphone.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Expected price of the Galaxy Note 4?

I'm ordering the Galaxy Note 4 as soon as the pre-order goes up on T-mobile. I'm buying the phone up front cash and then taking it to my carrier, MetroPCS, same thing I did with the Galaxy S4. I've seen that with each newer version of a Samsung S or Samsung Note, the phone has gone up about $30 in price.

Since the Note 3 was sold at T-mobile for $700, is it safe to assume that the Note 4 will be sold for $730 or may it be slightly lower or higher? Just to get a good idea of what to expect as there will be $50 in taxes, the Class 10 64GB SD card I want to buy and possibly two covers.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Expected price of the Galaxy Note 4?

I'm ordering the Galaxy Note 4 as soon as the pre-order goes up on T-mobile. I'm buying the phone up front cash and then taking it to my carrier, MetroPCS, same thing I did with the Galaxy S4. I've seen that with each newer version of a Samsung S or Samsung Note, the phone has gone up about $30 in price.

I expect the same for the Note 4.

Since the Note 3 was sold at T-mobile for $700, is it safe to assume that the Note 4 will be sold for $730 or may it be slightly lower or higher? Just to get a good idea of what to expect as there will be $50 in taxes, the Class 10 64GB SD card I want to buy and possibly two covers.

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I've not tracked the pricing trend for the Galaxy Note releases, but if that's true, I'd expect that to hold or atleast be a fairly good estimate. I'm on ATT, and for a while the Note 3 was $725 so I'd expect $725-750ish without a subsidy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I would say the current price the GN3 is going for would be the same for the GN4. Samsung has to deal with LG's pricing and they already put a comparable phone on the market (G3) with similar specs other than the S801 vs S805 they both have/will have QHD displays, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, microSD so really Samsung can't afford to raise its prices.

I will be happy to get the Note 4 and dump my current phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'd say 700.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

That's true as well. Unlike last year, Samsung is getting far more competition from a ton of other phone manufactures this time around. The sales of the GS5 wasn't what they were expecting and LG has released a similarly sized phone at a much cheaper price. Samsung will have to think about the pricing this time around for those people on the fence. The Note series will grow, but a better price will help establish that.

I'm set on the Note 4 though. Current GS4 user here, can't wait to have a larger screen, QHD display, more accurate colors, S805, and 4K recording option. The G3, while having a QHD display, really didn't impress me as much and no way was I going for a 1440p display with a S801. The QHD GS5 seems to be as bright and color accurate as the FHD GS5, so I expect the same from the Note 4.

I paid $620 for my GS4, might keep it or pass it on to a family member. Not sure if I can say good bye to it so soon lol.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The internal storage to me is odd. They've always made the Note minimum 32 GB so I don't see them degrading to a 16 GB one.

Agree, anything less than 32GB would be a no go for me. I had the Galaxy S3 with 32GB internal and 64GB external, then moved to the Note 2 when it became available. On Verizon that was a "downgrade" for internal storage to 16GB.

Unless Samsung and Verizon (in my case), don't find a way to reduce bloat, then I'd be somewhat concerned that 32GB will translate into less than 20GB user addressable space.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not just the bloatware they put on the phone, its the bloated OS that goes on it as well. Android itself isn't bloated but Android with Touchwiz way to bloated. If they can keep it in the 23-24GB range of usable space then I am okay initially I do manage my memory well but I still will NOT buy a 16GB android phone regardless of external storage. What will suck is Verizon will be dead last again which means November is likely our date.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 4 - What we're expecting

I just hope that YOUM is not available in only select countries.

Anyone know a good read on using a Korean phone in the US? I may need to read up on that...

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Bishop_99:

Just curious, why do want to pay up front and take it to Metro PCS? What's different about them as compared to Verizon, ATT,... I've always bought my phone with a 2-year contract. My Note 2's contract will be up in Nov, looking forward to the Note 4.

Thanks,