Galaxy Note 4 Rumors and Expectations

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Expected price of the Galaxy Note 4?

Well, MetroPCS runs on T-mobile networks so I have great coverage and LTE speeds.

On top of that, I prefer to pay for my phone upfront and feel like I own it, not be under a contract. This way, I can buy the Note 4 cash and I don't have to turn in my Galaxy S4, or wait until my contract is up in order to upgrade. I can then give the S4 to a family member, sell it or keep it if I want to. I just feel like I have more freedom this way. I kinda like paying for my tech up front instead of having it under contract. But that's just me.

Also, the montly plan on MetroPCS is great. I pay $45 a month, taxes included, for unlimited talk, text, and 2.5GB monthly data. I rarely reach 2GB a month on 4G LTE. But if I ever felt the need to upgrade, the unlimited data plan with unlimited talk and text would only cost me $55 a month. I just can't find a better deal than that. Not even T-mobile. But on MetroPCS, I benefit from T-Mobile's network and the option of buying the phone on T-Mobile and installing my MetroPCS sim card in.

I get download speeds between 30-55 Mbps and with the price of the monthly plan, MetroPCS is the best option for me. Sure, not everyone likes paying up front for a new phone, but it's nice to just own it without only being able to upgrade when they say I should.

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm on AT&T so I'll just use that as my example. The S5 is priced at $649.99 off contract. And the Note 3 for the longest time was at $724. I for one would love the price to come down on the phone and while I think it does create more pressure for Samsung, especially in light of how the G3 has been received, I don't think it's enough to make a considerable dent in the off contract price of the phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I suspect the price point will be the same as the Note 3. They got the savings on the S805 processor and given their buying power they would still be making a huge profit.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm on AT&T so I'll just use that as my example. The S5 is priced at $649.99 off contract. And the Note 3 for the longest time was at $724. I for one would love the price to come down on the phone and while I think it does create more pressure for Samsung, especially in light of how the G3 has been received, I don't think it's enough to make a considerable dent in the off contract price of the phone.

The G3 has the 801 processor,hence, it will not compete with the Note 4. LG is fuming that they did not get the discount, They probably feel the Note 4 will have an unfair advantage.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm ordering the Galaxy Note 4 as soon as the pre-order goes up on T-mobile. I'm buying the phone up front cash and then taking it to my carrier, MetroPCS, same thing I did with the Galaxy S4. I've seen that with each newer version of a Samsung S or Samsung Note, the phone has gone up about $30 in price.

Since the Note 3 was sold at T-mobile for $700, is it safe to assume that the Note 4 will be sold for $730 or may it be slightly lower or higher? Just to get a good idea of what to expect as there will be $50 in taxes, the Class 10 64GB SD card I want to buy and possibly two covers.

I got the business card of my t-mobile sales associate last night. He said stay in touch with him, and he will make sure I get one. I am eligible for an upgrade with 0 down too. I will finance the phone at $25.00 /mo. I am upgrading from a GS3 so it's a big step up for me.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I got the business card of my t-mobile sales associate last night. He said stay in touch with him, and he will make sure I get one. I am eligible for an upgrade with 0 down too. I will finance the phone at $25.00 /mo. I am upgrading from a GS3 so it's a big step up for me.
Nice. That's going to be a huge upgrade for you.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Predictions.

For the U.S. Market

"5.75 2560 x 1440p QHD display.
Snapdragon 805 processor.
12MP f/2.0 (maybe f/1.8) camera with high quality lens and OIS (Finally a great camera on a Samsung phone)
4k video camera, 60fps
3.7 MP front camera
LTE-Advanced
32 gb internal storage with sd card expansion to 128gb
Bezel less screen, or with very small side bars
3600mah battery
smooth elegant back, however, not made of metal.
smart fingerprint bio-metric device (more functional than on GS5)
retina scanner

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Predictions.

LTE advanced for US? I don't see that happening so we don't have that here.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The att s5 and m8 currently support lte-a with carrier aggregation. I don't see why the att note 4 wouldn't support it.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

t-mobile also started experimenting with lte-a in certain markets and their plan is to have extensive coverage by the end of 2015. That is a little over a year from now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

t-mobile also started experimenting with lte-a in certain markets and their plan is to have extensive coverage by the end of 2015. That is a little over a year from now.

Do you have proof of that? I remember them saying to convert edge to LTE by the end of 2015 but don't remember a peep about LTE a.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The att s5 and m8 currently support lte-a with carrier aggregation. I don't see why the att note 4 wouldn't support it.

Maybe for the att version.. Others though? My point stands :).

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Do you have proof of that? I remember them saying to convert edge to LTE by the end of 2015 but don't remember a peep about LTE a.

Yes I do actually. Take a look at the links below.

T-Mobile Will Debut LTE-Advanced "Features" In 2013 According To Exec » TmoNews (tmobile launches lte-a features)

T-Mobile boasts of lead in LTE Advanced - FierceWireless (tmobile advantage of other carriers lte-a)

http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2014/05/t-mobile-launches-lte-advanced-volte-seattle (tmobile launches lte-a in seattle)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe for the att version.. Others though? My point stands :).

Depends on carrier. But the hardware should be capable. Even if not working now, it can be updated later, similar to how the Verizon Note 3 didn't have xlte support at release, but it was added after an update.

Miss Galaxy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Who is DEFINITELY buying the Note 4?

I was so close to selling my S5 for a galaxy note 3 because I am so impatient, but I have decided against it and to wait it out until the Note 4 is released. Bit of luck I'm not on contract. :D I can't wait to get this phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21