Note 4 Anyone else underwhelmed?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

Wait for it to be announced before passing judgement.

I don't think the processor/ram/screen stuff is too interesting, but the new features they'll add to the Note might be. To me, the Note has been more about productivity and what you can do with the extra screen real-estate and the stylus, which is why if I were to buy a 'phablet' device, it'd be the Note over other devices with large screens.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I would like to see a Retina Scanner added so we could get rid of passwords that are constantly hacked, then I'll be standing in line for a Note 4!!!������������

You can increase your security with lastpass and two form factor authentication. Besides your password, you either have to provide an expiring pin # or insert a yubi key into your computer. Much more secure. You can turn these features on from the Lastpass control panel. There may be a fee for these premium features.

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site

I'd be looking to see if Sprint's Note 4 would be Spark enabled...I'd probably make the jump just on that.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Interesting thread.

Like some have said, not all that excited about what I've heard about the note 4. But I'll wait until it is officially released

I highly doubt I'll upgrade from my Note 3 to a 4. May wait for the Note 5 (is it too early to guess on its specs? Lol)

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Love my Note 3...the QHD screen is probably the biggest draw for me...Will wait to see how it looks in person before I pull the trigger....Already have a friend lined up to buy my old phone so I can get the new one if it works out....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I have no good reason NOT to get the note 4. My 3 is in excellent condition since launch day and with all my accessories I already have it sold for more than I need to purchase the 4,,even at full cost (many accessories lol), so I myself can not wait for launch day.

That's a lot of accessories!

I may not buy a Note 4 since I'll be able to use my dads upgrade around the time the Note 5 comes out. With that said, however, I may still do it because I wouldn't really be losing much. I sold my Note 3 for $450 and used that to buy an S5. The S5 cost $200 - a $150 rebate = $50. So if I sold my S5 for around $300 I'd almost break even give or take taxes.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, what a dilemma. I love my Note 3, if the Note 4 screen is fabulous, that may be the tipping point. For me it's the latest and greatest in the Note series that's the draw. I'm on the Easy Pay plan with Sprint so if I have to turn my Note 3 in, I'm not quite ready to do that.

I have attachment issues. 😔

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I can't wait for this thing to come out, I'm sick of my iPhone. I'm hoping we see it on the 3rd and I don't have to wait a month to snag one.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Most underwhelming rumor for me is that screen size is staying the same. Was really hoping for 6" or bigger. No I don't want the mega 2 unless the specs are on par with the note 4 with a stylus. If the xperia z ultra didnt have such a bad camera with huge bezels that would be the phone to have (minus a stylus).

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I bought a Moto G for my 2nd line. Great phone, love Motorola -

can't use it much.

Text and keyboard way too small for my eyes and fingers.

Note 3 is my minimum default screen now. Don't use MW or Pen Window - too small.

The Note 4 screen needs to be a little bigger, with better reading and back light control features to tempt me.

Better signal, wifi and gps hardware are also a must, though I use public wifi less.

I will probably end up getting one anyway, but not until December, with a slim flip case similar to my current one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I think the OP was starting a light debate on 'if' the bare specs are all there is, and would it be enough of a leap from the Note 3. Read the first 2 OP posts, undecided.

I feel the same, not expecting to be wowed, and there will be some disappointments.

Nice body frame and screen resolution maybe, but no flexible or folding screen etc. It will be another minor leap like the N2 to N3.
If it will have at least 2 killer software features, as others have said, it will have my blessing.

This debate is more important to those of us who need to fork out the 700+ and try to get around 300 for the Note 3 (difficult in the UK).

If I was set for an easy or inexpensive upgrade on an existing plan, and didn't mind the further commitment; or had an inexpensive exchange set up (well done Zmann) - then yes I would be getting excited and will drool over any new features regardless, and will enjoy my first tactile orgasm.

At least it will be new!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

From what I've seen from the leaks of the Note 4 it's basically a Note 3 with sharp corners! From what I have read of the specs, I see no reason to run out and spend a lot of money for things I wouldn't notice or use. My Note 3 is packed with so many things already, I find something new almost every day!
I would like to see one but I will probably wait for the Note 5! ✌

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

.... and speaking of first day pleasures, if I am able to fork out a very-high-spec-pc load of money for one, I want it in a proper high end jewellery box like my GS2.

The Note 3 box really took the sting out of it.
I will support the environment NEXT year if I get an exciting box.

(It didn't help my mailman tried several times to stuff it through a space it wouldn't go!)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Smartphones are a pretty mature technology now. You're not going to see a big jump in specs from one generation to the next of any existing device until there is a major advance in technology that can be manufactured affordably. Screens may get a little bigger and a notch higher resolution (whether you can see the difference or not), processors will get a little faster. Somewhere down the road we'll get 64 bit processors, but the reality is they won't make much difference in a phone. Battery life will get a little better.

But until we can get bendable screens, or a new battery technology, or faster wireless networks, all we're going to see is incremental steps. Just like in PC's, and digital cameras, and microwaves, and just about every other mature technology.