Visit site
Re: USB 2.0 lol....

The hands on video which Phil posted looks like usb 2 as well

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

I am not sure if it really matters for most people. The only win for USB3 would be faster copying of photos/videos off/on the phone but I guess I don't see the extra few seconds mattering that much.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure if it really matters for most people. The only win for USB3 would be faster copying of photos/videos off/on the phone but I guess I don't see the extra few seconds mattering that much.

But no reason to downgrade ... Backward compatible

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Actually, it does make a huge difference when transferring files back and forth. What a big disappointment if it's not USB 3.0 at least.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

One of the things i was looking forward to was moving to USB 3.0. I sometimes use my phone like a thumb drive. the increased data speed would be great. I really dont understand this choice to move backwards

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The Note 3 port was a bit large and vulnerable looking. I personally prefer the smaller port as I don't need usb 3.0 for data, but I can acknowledge it will affect a few.
Brave marketing strategy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

to quote one of my favorite series "The world is moving on". Ive been seeing a lot of USB 3 micro. Especially in external hard drives. Its a good connection and I think space or not it was a bad choice to backtrack. It gives the appearance of no faith in the next iteration of technology

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Samsung said that not many people were buying the 3.0 cables and they decided since not a lot of people are using it they would save space in the phone and go back to 2.0. I for one hate the 3.0 charger for my galaxy s5. Pain in the *** to plug in

ZuperioKing

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

The Galaxy Note 3 is the only product that used the USB 3.0. Every device i have is USB 2.0, so I could care less. It was a pain when i had to charge my Note 10.1 2014 edition and my Note 3 with different cable. Plus samsung put USB 3.0 on Note 3 because they said faster charging. Note 4 comes with "50% battery in 30 Min" fast charge

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The Galaxy Note 3 is the only product that used the USB 3.0. Every device i have is USB 2.0, so I could care less. It was a pain when i had to charge my Note 10.1 2014 edition and my Note 3 with different cable. Plus samsung put USB 3.0 on Note 3 because they said faster charging. Note 4 comes with "50% battery in 30 Min" fast charge
No the pro 12.2 had it as well

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

What you have to remember is Samsung is a company that just recently lost some substantial market share and stock price. It's number one priority is its investors. I see the Note 4 as a compromise for a company that needs to get back some profitability. I, too, was disappointed at USB 2.0 (slightly) and lack of waterproofing (more than slightly), however I understand the reasons behind it. The more Samsung can cut costs per unit, the higher the margins. So they release a refined upgrade to the GN3 where the most expensive piece of hardware is probably the screen (especially on the Edge). They spend money to refine the software which for all intents and purposes is a one-time cost and deliver a phone which is an upgrade to the GN3, even if it isn't as much of an upgrade as we'd all like it to be. Along with it, they introduce an accessory that ONLY works with the Note 4 (Gear VR) which helps peak the interest of a crowd that might not typically go for the Note 4. Now they are increasing sales of a phone that is making them higher margin than their predecessors and the investors are happy. It also potentially introduces the Note to people who would otherwise not try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo