09-12-2014 04:14 PM
222 1234 ...
tools
    Well whatever the level of water resistance, it totally sucks and is quite surprising that the Note 4 doesn't have it too.
    For some sure.. For others like me I don't really mind.. I don't put my phones near water.. Ever. .
    reesh11 likes this.
    09-03-2014 05:51 PM
    For some sure.. For others like me I don't really mind.. I don't put my phones near water.. Ever. .
    Well whether you plan to use it or not, don't you find it surprising that the older Galaxy S5 was launched with a feature that got a lot of hype, and the upcoming Note 4 doesn't have that feature?
    09-03-2014 05:56 PM
    Well whether you plan to use it or not, don't you find it surprising that the older Galaxy S5 was launched with a fair 5 that got a lot of hype, and the upcoming Note 4 doesn't have that feature?
    No. The S5 doesn't have an easily detachable accessory (S-Pen) like the Note so.. Sealing it nice and tight is easy. Having the S-Pen be easily accessible and water proofing it isn't the easiest.
    09-03-2014 05:58 PM
    No. The S5 doesn't have an easily detachable accessory (S-Pen) like the Note so.. Sealing it nice and tight is easy. Having the S-Pen be easily accessible and water proofing it isn't the easiest.
    It does have a detachable battery though. It's just as hard to seal that as it is to seal an s pen.
    09-03-2014 06:01 PM
    It does have a detachable battery though. It's just as hard to seal that as it is to seal an s pen.
    Not necessarily. Once the battery is in the back fully snaps and seals in whereas the S-Pen is easily accessible outside the device.

You can't easily just pull the battery out like you can the S-Pen... That's what I am saying.. It isn't the fact that they couldn't seal the S-Pen.. It's more so they couldn't seal it and make it so easy to take out like it is now.
    09-03-2014 06:05 PM
    You are aware that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof right?

With the Galaxy S5 being waterproof, I'm shocked that the new Note won't be.
    Sure - well that it has an IP67 rating. Which let's some people go silly.
    09-03-2014 06:08 PM
    As long as they release this beauty for the N 4 I won't complain SEIDIO | OBEX Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    09-03-2014 06:09 PM
    I'm sorry but the spen can be sealed once it's put into its place to allow for water resistance if samsung made it that way. I understand why they didn't but they easily could have. Just like they could have easily bumped the battery up a lot more than 20 mah smh. Yes yes the rhetoric about the 805 and blah blah not withstanding. The key here is it MIGHT help improve battery life but in reality it's very minimal if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WatermelonSlim likes this.
    09-03-2014 06:16 PM
    I'm sorry but the spen can be sealed once it's put into its place to allow for water resistance if samsung made it that way. I understand why they didn't but they easily could have. Just like they could have easily bumped the battery up a lot more than 20 mah smh. Yes yes the rhetoric about the 805 and blah blah not withstanding. The key here is it MIGHT help improve battery life but in reality it's very minimal if at all.

Easily could have? How are you so sure? Unless Samsung goes into depth on explaining the cost .. and what they wanted to do with the Note 4's design I can't really believe it was easy otherwise they would have done it.
    A895 likes this.
    09-03-2014 06:18 PM
    Sure - well that it has an IP67 rating. Which let's some people go silly.
    That's good enough for me. If the Note 4 was IP67 certified I'd be a happy camper, literally.
    09-03-2014 06:19 PM
    Easily could have? How are you so sure? Unless Samsung goes into depth on explaining the cost .. and what they wanted to do with the Note 4's design I can't really believe it was easy otherwise they would of done it.
    "And what they wanted to do with the design" is quite right. They will never intend the note series to be water and dust resistant. It's design is for the professional and it's purpose unlike they s5. The cost? I'm sorry but the cost is insignificant to samsung and to reality. It's one area after all that would need a slight change. Nothing else. Seriously?

anon8380037 likes this.
    09-03-2014 06:22 PM
    I don't understand. Are some of you under the assumption that Samsung didn't consider this? Of course they did, and for one reason or another they decided against it. Maybe it's heat (the S5 doesn't dissipate heat as well as competitors because of the water resistance), maybe it would have made it unacceptably bigger in some way, maybe the engineering cost to do it was just too high.

Maybe, just maybe, they're going to release an EVEN BETTER version early next year with some fancy new Snapdragon processor and water resistance just to make everyone that gets this Note 4 mad. :P
    Almeuit, anon8380037, Ry and 2 others like this.
    09-03-2014 06:23 PM
    Easily could have? How are you so sure? Unless Samsung goes into depth on explaining the cost .. and what they wanted to do with the Note 4's design I can't really believe it was easy otherwise they would have done it.
    I tend to believe they just wanted to rush it out. They didn't want to spend the time required to make it happen. That, and they didn't want to spend the money on it.
    09-03-2014 06:24 PM
    I don't understand. Are some of you under the assumption that Samsung didn't consider this? Of course they did, and for one reason or another they decided against it. Maybe it's heat (the S5 doesn't dissipate heat as well as competitors because of the water resistance), maybe it would have made it unacceptably bigger in some way, maybe the engineering cost to do it was just too high.

Maybe, just maybe, they're going to release an EVEN BETTER version early next year with some fancy new Snapdragon processor and water resistance just to make everyone that gets this Note 4 mad. :P
    This .
    "And what they wanted to do with the design" is quite right. They will never intend the note series to be water and dust resistant. It's design is for the professional and it's purpose unlike they s5. The cost? I'm sorry but the cost is insignificant to samsung and to reality. It's one area after all that would need a slight change. Nothing else. Seriously?

You and I have no idea what the cost is to add that feature. The entire phone has to be designed around it. It's not something that can be added as an afterthought. Any added cost takes away from profits. They will sell millions of these. A few extra dollars here and there adds up quickly.
    anon8380037 and A895 like this.
    Just saying you're welcome to your opinion but we can't say for sure unless Samsung comes out with their exact reason behind it .
    So true but they won't because what's the point? It's not something drastic like not including Lte in the note 4 or even a qhd screen.

09-03-2014 06:25 PM
    You and I have no idea what the cost is to add that feature. The entire phone has to be designed around it. It's not something that can be added as an afterthought. Any added cost takes away from profits. They will sell millions of these. A few extra dollars here and there adds up quickly.
    I never said it had to be an afterthought but could have easily been including originally and I'm sorry but if it can easily be added to the s5 then it can easily be added to the note 4 smh.

WatermelonSlim likes this.
    09-03-2014 06:26 PM
    Maybe they could seal it and get a rating with the pen attached, but not detached. Who's to blame then if it's immersed without the pen. Probably too many variables in the design to take a chance.
    I would like to know that it is water resistant and splash proof to an extent, and the screen, ear piece/top grill and headphone jack can take a torrential downpour. I don't want to take selfies in the shower or bath.
    09-03-2014 06:32 PM
    Maybe they could seal it and get a rating with the pen attached, but not detached. Who's to blame then if it's immersed without the pen. Probably too many variables in the design to take a chance.
    I would like to know that it is water resistant and splash proof to an extent, and the screen, ear piece/top grill and headphone jack can take a torrential downpour. I don't want to take selfies in the shower or bath.
    Yes, I'd be fine with it being splash proof. I don't plan on taking any selfies in the shower either. But it would be nice if I could watch my slingbox, listen to Pandora, and so on. And not just in the shower, but on the boat, jet ski, 4 wheeler, hot tub, etc.
    09-03-2014 06:43 PM
    Yes, I'd be fine with it being splash proof. I don't plan on taking any selfies in the shower either. But it would be nice if I could watch my slingbox, listen to Pandora, and so on. And not just in the shower, but on the boat, jet ski, 4 wheeler, hot tub, etc.
    Fair enough. But do you want to use the S-Pen in those conditions too. Everything's a compromise. To add to KOQ maybe there will be a Note 4 Active, but I doubt it. (Now I'm getting silly)
    09-03-2014 06:54 PM
    Fair enough. But do you want to use the S-Pen in those conditions too. Everything's a compromise. To add to KOQ maybe there will be a Note 4 Active, but I doubt it. (Now I'm getting silly)
    No I'd be totally fine if it was only waterproof with the s pen inserted in the device. If they made it waterproof with the s pen removed, even better. But if it was only waterproof with the s pen in the device, I'd be fine with that.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    09-03-2014 07:02 PM
    I think that restriction would leave Samsung in deep water. Too many people will forget to put the pen back, or not be aware a child took it out.
    09-03-2014 07:12 PM
    I personally don't really care about it being waterproof. If that's something you need I'm sure otterbox or lifeproof will come out with one., and maybe Seidio

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    09-03-2014 07:15 PM
    I personally don't really care about it being waterproof. If that's something you need I'm sure otterbox or lifeproof will come out with one., and maybe Seidio

Yeah but then I could just put it on my Note 3. The waterproof was the only real reason I was planning to upgrade. I'm not really interested in a marginal camera improvement when my Note 3 camera is already great, higher screen resolution when my Note 3 already has a 1080p display and I don't have anything to watch in a higher resolution, or a new touch wiz. For me, the killer feature was the waterproofing. And I realize the S5 is not "drop it in the deepest part of the ocean" waterproof, but it's good enough for use on a boat, jet ski, water ski, hot tub, 4 wheeler, rain storm, and shower.

I'm just bummed. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully the feature is there when the device is actually released and they just didn't have it on the demo units today.
    09-03-2014 07:27 PM
    Yeah but then I could just put it on my Note 3. The waterproof was the only real reason I was planning to upgrade. I'm not really interested in a marginal camera improvement when my Note 3 camera is already great, higher screen resolution when my Note 3 already has a 1080p display and I don't have anything to watch in a higher resolution, or a new touch wiz. For me, the killer feature was the waterproofing. And I realize the S5 is not "drop it in the deepest part of the ocean" waterproof, but it's good enough for use on a boat, jet ski, water ski, hot tub, 4 wheeler, rain storm, and shower.

I'm just bummed. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully the feature is there when the device is actually released and they just didn't have it on the demo units today.
    I have to disagree. I think the optic image stabilization will be amazing. I personally feel the note 3 pictures are not as good as they can be. . Hell, my wife's iPhone 5 takes better pics than my Note 3, which is just sad

Plus I wouldn't count out the. QHD display until you see it in person. I'm excited about that too

09-03-2014 07:34 PM
222 1234 ...